Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How do I get revered Golden Lotus, and how long does it take?

    How do I get revered Golden Lotus, and how long does it take?

  2. #2
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    5
    By doing daily quests in The Vale of Eternal Blossems.
    I started doing those dailies the 27th of September I think and I did them everyday. I will hit revered tonight.
    I'm doing them as a tank, but killing the mobs take so much time, so now I'm doing them together with a friend, while I just gather as much mobs as I can.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    59
    first you'll need to unlock the dailies.

    you do this at the temple of the white tiger in kun-lai summit. do a quick quest up there, followup takes you to open the gates to the vale. the rest of the chain is 5-6 quests, which will in the end unlock your daily hub at the golden pagoda.

    gaining rep will unlock more hubs.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by straazz View Post
    first you'll need to unlock the dailies.

    you do this at the temple of the white tiger in kun-lai summit. do a quick quest up there, followup takes you to open the gates to the vale. the rest of the chain is 5-6 quests, which will in the end unlock your daily hub at the golden pagoda.

    gaining rep will unlock more hubs.
    Shortly after you will receive a knife as quest reward that you should use to repeatedly stab yourself in the face with, because that will be less painful than all the other dailies you will have to start doing.

  5. #5
    You also need to be level 90 to start them. Takes about a week to hit honored. I'd guess it takes a bit longer again to hit revered. You open up a 3rd set of dailies, but needs more rep to get there.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Shortly after you will receive a knife as quest reward that you should use to repeatedly stab yourself in the face with, because that will be less painful than all the other dailies you will have to start doing.
    This guy knows what's up.

  7. #7
    It is really painful to do all dailies you can do to unlock different gears. Just do the bare minimum in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixstar View Post
    I started doing those dailies the 27th of September I think and I did them everyday. I will hit revered tonight.
    So only 2 weeks to hit revered? I thought the daily grind was so horrible and long?
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So only 2 weeks to hit revered? I thought the daily grind was so horrible and long?
    It is, for the people who hate dailies. For the rest of us it's not an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    because that will be less painful than all the other dailies you will have to start doing.
    And I do them because I want to, not because someone is holding a gun to my head.

  10. #10
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So only 2 weeks to hit revered? I thought the daily grind was so horrible and long?
    That is a nightmare! I have been playing my Shaman since TBC and i have 1408 Dailies completed. I hate it so much. Still haven't done a single daily in mop >.<

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Still haven't done a single daily in mop >.<
    Me neither. I'm not in a hurry. But two weeks to revered, that's not much. I'll spread it out over a few months, so I won't get tired of the same dailies every day. And once I'm revered the new reputation shizzle will be there, so getting to exalted will take half the time it does now. Meanwhile I'll be busy leveling alts, battling pets and making filthy amounts of gold
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  12. #12
    Just the golden lotus dailies takes what, 15 minutes? Its really not that big a deal, kill like 12 mobs, loot some stuff, done. Only the ones underwater are horrible imo, only place I have to compete for my stuff really.

  13. #13
    Dailys dailys dailys and more dailys. And it takes so long that by the end of it you'll be thinking "If I ever see another blue exclamation mark ever again I'm going to take a bath with my toaster"

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    Dailys dailys dailys and more dailys. And it takes so long that by the end of it you'll be thinking "If I ever see another blue exclamation mark ever again I'm going to take a bath with my toaster"
    Well, that's the only thing I hate about dailies... the exclamation marks. I'm a completionist, I want all quests done! But the next day, all the exclamation marks are back. Will they be gone forever once you're exalted?
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Well, that's the only thing I hate about dailies... the exclamation marks. I'm a completionist, I want all quests done! But the next day, all the exclamation marks are back. Will they be gone forever once you're exalted?

    You will still have to do dailies to get lesser charm of good fortune (You need 90 of them for the weekly quest that gives you 3x extra roll coins).

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Will they be gone forever once you're exalted?
    No they refresh forever!!

    They were put in the game as a gold making mechanic. Now its for Rep grinds.

  17. #17
    So that's 14 days to hit Revered? I get to log in about once a week, so that's 3 and a half MONTHS to revered, how long to Exalted? :s

    I laugh at those that say "They only take 15 mins". I log in Sunday morning and have ALL DAY to play, I don't care how short they are I want to progress 7 days worth in one go. They changed the random heroic valor point rewards to allow for people with similar game time restrictions. Time to change the dailies.

    [Viable Solution]: Have tabards from each faction that allow all quests done at 90 to give rep to that faction and just have your Tabard Rep Quest Cap set to 25 or whatever. Then we can level quickly to 90, get a tabard on and go do the quests we skipped for rep. People would see far more of the World then and not get bored of the same 5 quests over and over. (Or, if they like the way it is now they could continue doing that.)

    Then, next expac, make ALL the (suitable) quests turn blue and repeatable when we hit Level cap so we can go repeat the quests we most ENJOYED!
    Last edited by Thirdofherne; 2013-01-20 at 12:14 PM.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,193
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So only 2 weeks to hit revered? I thought the daily grind was so horrible and long?
    I think it's less about the Golden Lotus grind itself, and more to do with the fact it prevents you from doing other factions. Not to mention how there's all the other dailys from the other factions.
    Aslong as you pace yourself with perhaps one faction at a time it's fine.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    As long as you pace yourself with perhaps one faction at a time it's fine.
    Pace myself? It's going to take about a YEAR as it is!?!? Doing one at a time would mean a year EACH faction.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Just the golden lotus dailies takes what, 15 minutes? Its really not that big a deal, kill like 12 mobs, loot some stuff, done. Only the ones underwater are horrible imo, only place I have to compete for my stuff really.
    40 min+ on full pop server, people ninja-ing your mobs/cannons/barrels/fruits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •