[Music] Some South African music I ran into at a party last night. Accordeon&stuff

Now here gets wierd.

Next one is off-topic a bit, but the host had the idea of projecting this scene onto a wall with the volume maxed out. Completly changed my mind about accordeons. Before I always seen them like an anoying whiny instrument. But dem french managed to make it cool.

The scene is from a french movie called Holy Motors. The louder you play it the better it becomes (In my opinion).

Deleted
    Holy Motors was one of the best movies released in 2012. Emotionally powerful, extremely creative, authentic and beautiful, have never seen a movie before quite like this one. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't experienced it yet.

I've seen both the Kongos and Die Antword playing live. Personally I find DA to try too hard to seem hardcore don't give a kak mofos and the Kongos start to sound very samey
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Die Antwoord is 'freaky', but the music in 'fatty fatty boom boom' is absolutely amazing. I'm not a huge fan of new rap but Die Antwoord is entertaining, at the very least.

Deleted
    Can't forgot these amazing South African bands/artists:

Fokofpolisiekar, amazing Afrikaans punk rock band. Van Coke Kartel is a good similair band.

Jack Parow, another "Zef"-rapper

Die Heuwels Fantasties

Might be a little bit hard to enjoy if you can't understand Afrikaans, but in my opinion really good music
    Last edited by mmoc58074849ee; 2013-01-24 at 03:44 PM.

So after a while I've realize that I kind of like Die Antwood, but I could really do with out their videos.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Heard of Die Antwood about a year ago, its different in a good way, but at first you look at it strange