Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Buying blood spirits from lvl 1s

can it get u banned in any way?, if u buy duped things or something , im buying blood spirits cheap from lvl 1s or something then i sell for more for some profits, is it any risk to do so?

If it sounds too good to be true, it always is. Use common sense

And yes, you can get banned if you buy duped items

10+ Year Old Account
    ive boughten a few dozen, so has my guild and nothing has happened to me or my guild... yet oOoOOOoOoOooOo.

Actually, I dont think anything can be done about it, its not the buyers fault if something "bad" was done to get the blood spirits. And since this started with the epic red gems in cata, Ive never heard of anyone saying they were taken away or punished over them. That includes the vial of sands, deathcharger mounts, epic gems or now, blood spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Polio View Post
    ive boughten a few dozen, so has my guild and nothing has happened to me or my guild... yet oOoOOOoOoOooOo.

Actually, I dont think anything can be done about it, its not the buyers fault if something "bad" was done to get the blood spirits. And since this started with the epic red gems in cata, Ive never heard of anyone saying they were taken away or punished over them. That includes the vial of sands, deathcharger mounts, epic gems or now, blood spirits.
    If Blizz decide they are duped they can do whatever they want - remove them and your gold and give you a warning or a ban, depending on how many warning/bans you have had before. But if they wish, if they think you have been too involved with the exploit, they can just permaban you. Not safe to ever say there is nothing they can do when they can, according to their terms that you agreed with to play, just ban you for ever. Just because you have not heard anything means little, you are probably not monitoring the forums 24/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    can it get u banned in any way?, if u buy duped things or something , im buying blood spirits cheap from lvl 1s or something then i sell for more for some profits, is it any risk to do so?
    Level 1s are usually bank alts.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    It's fairly well know now, these are, like TCG mounts and like the Garnets before that got fixed, duped.
    There was a level 1 selling 300 on Defias Brotherhood realm, Horde side's Trade channel.. I mean really, it's stupidly obvious they're duped even without knowing a few dodgy people who know more than they should about these things..
    I'd steer clear of buying them, some may get banned, more likely those who brag about buying shit loads of them, but the quiet ones may get caught too.
    It's not like the recent Herbing rollback dupe (in terms of how they catch them, or how it is tracked), but it is a dupe all the same which hopefully will get resolved.. Plays havoc with the economy -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    If Blizz decide they are duped they can do whatever they want - remove them and your gold and give you a warning or a ban, depending on how many warning/bans you have had before. But if they wish, if they think you have been too involved with the exploit, they can just permaban you. Not safe to ever say there is nothing they can do when they can, according to their terms that you agreed with to play, just ban you for ever. Just because you have not heard anything means little, you are probably not monitoring the forums 24/7
    Please, someone prove this guy right, somoene post some sort of proof that you (not just a story from ur guildie's friend's brother's imaginary girlfriend's father's illegitimate child that got world first h:rag) were banned for purchasing duped items. I'd really like to see, cause if thats the case im really glad im not too involved.
    Last edited by Septik; 2013-01-20 at 01:35 PM.

No one I know, who have bought cheap items such as the red epic gems in cata, have ever been banned for it, nor have they had their items taken away, or their gold returned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    If it sounds too good to be true, it always is. Use common sense

And yes, you can get banned if you buy duped items
    Yes, but only if you are knowingly doing it. I buy (and sell) a lot on my level 1 bankalts :/ Nothing wrong here!

I bought several stacks of queens garnets and sands of time during cata from level 1's. I asked gm's personally about the items and they never got removed and I've not been banned, safe to say it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I bought several stacks of queens garnets and sands of time during cata from level 1's. I asked gm's personally about the items and they never got removed and I've not been banned, safe to say it's fine.
    Sands of Time was a vendor item.. buying that cheaper off of a level 1 reeks of dupe, although that doesn't seem to be a common problem in WoW, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Yes, but only if you are knowingly doing it. I buy (and sell) a lot on my level 1 bankalts :/ Nothing wrong here!
    Not sure what your point is tbh. The OP quite obviously know these things are duped...he asked if he could get banned, and I told him that he could.

This is not about buying or selling on level 1 alts. I know there are bank alts, I have one myself (although level 15), but that wasnt the point of the OP
    Last edited by Lilbruz; 2013-01-20 at 01:45 PM.

Likewise, during Cata I bought, literally, thousands of garnets and was never reprimanded for it - knowing full well that they were duped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polio View Post

A guildy got a perma ban a week ago for buying duped items, as said above "if it sounds to good to be true..it probably is".

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    My guildy didn't know nor did he gave it a second thought...I know it was a stupid move but he got banned being the middle guy. Blizz can't know weither you lie or not, they can only take your word for it.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-01-20 at 01:46 PM.

Basic rule of life: if something's too good to be true, it's either not good or not true.

If you hold onto them you might get them removed and refunded if you are noticed
    If you resell them (especially in bulk) and they notice you're looking at a ban

Deleted
    those are most likely not dupped but gained from hacked accounts btw.

Deleted
    It was someone on my old realm that claimed that blizzard took away the red gems from him in cata. He didnt get the gold back and lost the gems. I dont know if this is true but i wouldnt take the chance to loose gold and the things i bought. You know it is duped if it is a lvl1 that sells shitloads of Blood spirits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    A guildy got a perma ban a week ago for buying duped items, as said above "if it sounds to good to be true..it probably is".

Cool story!

People keep tossing the word dupe around like they know it for fact. If these items are being duplicated, then this is a hole in blizzards security. If they are just stolen from unsecured accounts, then this is a hole in the individuals security. Neither of these can be dumped onto the buyer as if it's the buyers fault that the seller duped/stole the items. "Too good to be true, dont do it"; that's a bit silly, nothing in the game has an actual set value aside from the vendor prices, any other value is purely an imaginary mark-up by the seller. So to say something that normally sells for 3k gold going for 1k gold MUST be duped/stolen/will get me banned, is just retarded. The solution to this is something blizzard will need to fix on their end, so that these magically duped items cannot be traded/sold/transfered, rather than going through and axe murdering every buyer, even if it was too good to be true...

I've been playing MMO's for a very long time, and I don't care which one it is, if you knowingly play with fire long enough, you will get burned. If you buy a few for your own personal use you will probably get away with it. If you buy a few and resell them you might not have anything done to you. If you buy duped items in bulk, they will eventually get you. It may not be anytime soon, and it may not be on this particular item, but it will eventually catch up to you.

Odds are if you buy and sell I would say 100 or less, your ok. At that point its going to be really hard to tell whether you bought them for personal use or for something else. If you start getting into multiple hundreds and into the thousands, they will probably toast you when they get the dupers. I've seen far too many posts over the years of people saying " I didn't dupe anything, I just bought them".