uncut alexandrite

For some reason, whenever I buy out a ton of ore and prospect i usually get a TON of uncut alexandrite....just wondering what some ppl do with these when shuffling ore cus i'd think (and have observed) that most 'perfect cut ..... alexandrite' just do not sell very well on ah, i'm thinking about just mostly vendoring them unless ppl could suggest otherwise lol. Thanks!

Still worth something even if you get perfects... especially compare to the useless counterpart... blue gems. Even vendoring them cut nets you VERY little increase in gold. So if you got sometime to afk and craft a ton of uncut alex, go right ahead. Try the pve cuts for greens since all the pvp ones got nerfed.

Deleted
    These are the ones I make that can actually sell (not much but they do sell eventually):

Forceful, Zen, Puissant, Energized, Misty (these last two are the ones that sell the least often).

EDIT:

One decent way to predict what may sell is look at your realm pop (assuming a Low/Med realm) and see what classes raid the most. For instance, if you have a bunch of Prot Paladins you can be sure to sell a lot of Haste gems. Same for crit if you see a lot of DPS warriors, etc.

Also, as a side note for anyone that likes to shuffle but isn't up to date on PvP: Purples -> Mysterious, Tense, Assassin's !
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-05-31 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Probably vendor and not waste time.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    perfect cuts sells as much (on price) as blues on mid-high population servers

Deleted
    yep but where the price has collapsed on blues imo its not worth the listing time.

I transmute those green gems into their blue counterparts, then cut and sell.

I find the green gems are worth a lot more crafted into necklaces and rings, de'd for enchanting mats, then selling scrolls.

The green rings and necklaces DE, and the rare blue rings and necklaces, sell on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I find the green gems are worth a lot more crafted into necklaces and rings, de'd for enchanting mats, then selling scrolls.

The green rings and necklaces DE, and the rare blue rings and necklaces, sell on the AH.
    well that's obviously what most people do but not anyone have got a jc+enchanter. however in that position i'd just save all uncut greens with the reasoning that you'll get the same amount of all in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    well that's obviously what most people do but not anyone have got a jc+enchanter. however in that position i'd just save all uncut greens with the reasoning that you'll get the same amount of all in the long run.
    I wouldn't waste time shuffling then without an enchanter. Without an enchanter, you're spending all that time prospecting for roughly half the profit.

If I ever have a large disparity in my green gems, I can always buy the ones I'm lacking for dirt cheap on the AH. Also, if ore prices are too high and I have nothing to prospect, I still stay busy buying up the dirt cheap green gems on the AH, and making the rings and necklaces.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-01 at 03:20 AM.