Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Lockpicking alternative

How about giving enchanters a crafted wand that picks locks? Just being lazy here...

I am more of removing group DE, that stupid ability made enchanting practically worthless....

15+ Year Old Account
    Or remove the damn blacksmithing requirements to use skeleton keys so I could at least buy them off the AH to open my 20 lockboxes and blacksmiths could make a little gold......

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Or remove the damn blacksmithing requirements to use skeleton keys so I could at least buy them off the AH to open my 20 lockboxes and blacksmiths could make a little gold......
    Yes to this. They need to add more depth to professions to encourage trade activities.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I am more of removing group DE, that stupid ability made enchanting practically worthless....
    oh fek off, least you can sell your enchants..
    enginers gets thier heads kicked in each single expansion, oh yay a mount..yeh costs 56k to make..

but I agree with outofmana, add engineering thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    oh fek off, least you can sell your enchants..
    enginers gets thier heads kicked in each single expansion, oh yay a mount..yeh costs 56k to make..

but I agree with outofmana, add engineering thing.
    Oh fek off, why should i spend gold and time to lvl my profession and then not get any benefit from it. Hell why i cant roll need and get a chance every time miner uses nod, or when tailor finds some cloth, or when skinner skins some animal?

Im not sure that copter costs 56k....

Deleted
    the engi one should be usable by anyone, all you do is strap a bomb to it and half the time have it explode in your face on it opening and while you not paying attention you kill your self.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    *sprays positive potion in the room*

So... my thought would be give every profession a way to unlock those boxes. Since that will probably never happen, at least what Outofmana suggested, make skeleton keys tradable with no profession requirement. Boxes really clog up inventories and guild banks.

10+ Year Old Account
    At one point in time, (Some Point in the Vanilla Beta), Mages were capable of opening lockboxes. Dunno why the ability was removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Oh fek off, why should i spend gold and time to lvl my profession and then not get any benefit from it. Hell why i cant roll need and get a chance every time miner uses nod, or when tailor finds some cloth, or when skinner skins some animal?

LFD allowing for Cross Realm groups sealed the deal for group-wide access to disenchant. Before LFD people would decide on if they wanted an item or to disenchant it; if the later the enchanter got the item to disenchant it and then give the result to the person who won the /roll. Since you can't trade real items cross realm, having an enchanter in the group wouldn't hep the group if the person who won the item and the enchanter were on different realms.

Engy is suprisingly good money this round, hint, sell cogs, you'll be surprised:P

10+ Year Old Account
    When a lock box drops, the Disenchant icon is replaced with an Unlock icon if a rogue is in the group?

Level a Rogue to 90. Send lockboxes to him. Open lockboxes. Profit.

Whats so hard about that? It takes mere hours to level nowadays.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see it didn't take long to find that horse and beat it a few more times, even though it died a long time ago.

If you can't make money with enchanting, you're doing it wrong. Yes, I'm being serious.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Group DE was meant to save time. Remember giving all the unwanted loot in 5 mans to the DEer, waiting until the end of the instance and rolling on shards?

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Group DE was meant to save time. Remember giving all the unwanted loot in 5 mans to the DEer, waiting until the end of the instance and rolling on shards?
    And hoping they didn't just drop group and port out at the end? Yes, I remember

lock picking is fun for many people.

Use the skeleton key or use any other lock picking tool, there are many available in the market, that would help you to pick the lock easily like lock pick gun or wrench tool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Level a Rogue to 90. Send lockboxes to him. Open lockboxes. Profit.

Whats so hard about that? It takes mere hours to level nowadays.
    Whats so hard? I for example hate rogues and can't bear playing one And I would like to play only the class that I actually enjoy.

I agree with the idea of removing BS requirement from keys. They really need to do something about proffesions, cause right now its "lvl it to 600, past all those recipes you will never use again, then when you get the fraction recipes you MIGHT get some gold off it'. Im not saying I need more ways of getting gold, no, but it would be nice if it has some deep in it, so ppl actually need each other's proffesions.

10+ Year Old Account
    just tip BSers well enough for them to want to pick your lock box.i always had keys on my toon,if the price was right i pick lock for any one.