Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Were CRZs added with future events in mind?

    OK Im still trying to understand the logic behind Blizzard doing CRZs. For PvP servers it makes sense as people have been crying that Blizzard killed world PvP for years now and more people in zones means more people to fight. Not on a PvP server so just assuming they work like that. But for PvE servers CRZ makes no sense at all. They removed 99% of every single group quest and all elite mobs other than faction guards years ago so the reason cant be more people for you to group with to do those. The only possible reasoning for CRZs is Blizzard is stress testing the servers to see if they can handle a lot of people in the same zone from different servers and they plan on adding Rift type events that require a lot of people to complete. Before this wouldnt have been possible to do as most zones barely had more than 5 people in them unless they were current expansion zones. But now with CRZ they can add special events and people can form up groups with people from other servers in order to do them.

    Blizzard isnt usually dumb and when they add something big like CRZs. I seriously doubt they did it just so people could see random people from other servers that they will never see again. I mean thats what BGs, 5 mans, and Raids are for. Blizzard has gone out of their way to redesign the game so it makes the ride from 1-max level most efficient when done solo as other people just slow you down by taking kills. Just compare exp from doing BGs and dungeons to questing, its not even close unless you are a tank and can perma instant queue and everyone is in full heirlooms so you can clear instances in under 15 mins. So the only logical reason I can come up with is we will eventually have zone wide events that will require people from other servers in order to complete. Maybe complete invasions with multiple objectives or just simple zone bosses like Sha of Anger. But something is coming or they wouldnt have wasted their time to create CRZs. Unless they are just trolling us like they did with Path of the Titans that was supposed to launch with Cata and CRZs arent actually going to be used for anything at all.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-20 at 04:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,885
    They wanted to add CRZ so that lesser populated zones were populated again, without shutting down the servers.

    Surprisingly, and this is coming from a guy who used to be on a close knit, very small server, people like small, kind of dead servers.

    Everyone on the realm is very close, and pretty much everyone gets along. It's like a small family, aside from your guild.

    When they added in CRZ, people liked it. And a lot of people still do.

    A few of my friends guilds have actually recruited people via CRZ and have progressed further through their raids due to that fact.

    Blizzard wasn't dumb with this. It was a logical thing to add, and if people weren't assholes and decided to gank every low level they see, along with making levelling hell for certain people (I've had no issues), CRZ would be regarded as the best thing in the world for a lot of people.

    But, of course, people are always unpredictable, and we can't tell what they'll do most of the time.

    Regardless, yeah, CRZ has its flaws, and I'm on a high pop server now because my guild wanted to Xfer, but it was made with good intentions, and in my opinion has done much good, aside from the bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  3. #3
    It was added to address dead leveling zones so you weren't alone. Node and rare mob respawn was designed around a populated zone.

  4. #4
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,754
    CRZ was Blizz's answer to people calling for outright realm mergers. In this way they managed to ensure everyone has a chance to see people in the world to conduct WPvP, group questing, and even killing the 5-man rares Blizz loves now.

    The next step, and Blizz is already hinting at it, is to apply CRZ to the Auction House, so dead servers no longer have a dead AH.

    Probably not in WoW, but in Titan or WoW2, you'll see server being a choice of RP, RPPvP, PvP, PvE. There will be named servers on Blizz's end, but all servers of a single type will be linked by CRZ technology.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  5. #5
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They wanted to add CRZ so that lesser populated zones were populated again, without shutting down the servers.
    I think this is probably the biggest reason for it. I just hate that they did the instancing on a zone level instead of by continent.

  6. #6
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I think this is probably the biggest reason for it. I just hate that they did the instancing on a zone level instead of by continent.
    Exactly.

    And as I said, as a person who was on a near Dead server, it was a much needed change, and actually helped for the most part.

    Very low population servers have a tight knit group of people, and some stay on the server and go to Low Pop servers just for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    It was added to address dead leveling zones so you weren't alone. Node and rare mob respawn was designed around a populated zone.
    Dead leveling zones are good it means you do your quests faster. Again why do they need more people. Blizzard removed every single group and elite quest from the low level game. You dont need other people in the zones with you. Seriously how many of you have even grouped up with anyone else from another server. Also Blizzard did help out dead servers by adding LFD and LFR so they could still get geared without having to spend hours trying to put together a 10 man raid cause theres only 20 people in Stormwind or Org. But more people in zones is pointless unless they have something to band together in order to defeat.

  8. #8
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Exactly.

    And as I said, as a person who was on a near Dead server, it was a much needed change, and actually helped for the most part.

    Very low population servers have a tight knit group of people, and some stay on the server and go to Low Pop servers just for that.
    Yeah I kinda hated it at first (was leveling some low-level alt gathering professions of course!) but it's nice seeing people actually running around in the world. If only now they weren't all introverts!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I just hate that they did the instancing on a zone level instead of by continent.
    Why?
    /10char

  10. #10
    CRZs would also allow Blizzard to consolidate servers over time as the game continues to decline.

    Why bother having an entire server dedicated to each realm if you can have build up a much more flexible structure that benefits everyone?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Dead leveling zones are good it means you do your quests faster. Again why do they need more people. Blizzard removed every single group and elite quest from the low level game. You dont need other people in the zones with you. Seriously how many of you have even grouped up with anyone else from another server. Also Blizzard did help out dead servers by adding LFD and LFR so they could still get geared without having to spend hours trying to put together a 10 man raid cause theres only 20 people in Stormwind or Org. But more people in zones is pointless unless they have something to band together in order to defeat.
    First you need people because your playing a MMO
    Second Blizzard removed group quest because it was impossible to do them at the appropriate level because players didn't stay in a single zone long enough.

    Having said that I really don't see your point (if their is any)

    And no CRZ isn't made with future content in mind...it would be awkward and not really realistic.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Why bother having an entire server dedicated to each realm if you can have build up a much more flexible structure that benefits everyone?
    Except no one has yet said any benefits. This isnt classic Everquest where it was impossible for classes to solo and grouping was required. Questing is laughable. There is no reason to need more people in zones. What exactly does having more people in zones accomplish? I just hope CRZs were made with something else in mind like zone wide events. I mean who wouldnt want those? Sure would take away the boredom of kill X and collect Y then go to Z and turn them in.

  13. #13
    I have never been against CRZ but the more I use it, the less point I see in it honestly. I play on a fairly dead realm. I help run a 10M raiding guild with a friend and just finding 10 people on my server that are willing to show up for raids is nearly impossible. Guilds are not Cross Realm so it does not help with that at all. The Auction House is still completely dead. Having the world populated would have been nice if there were still group quests or elites to kill, but as mentioned above they have all been removed. Playing on a low pop server, the only real change I notice is that I can not level alts without being camped by level 90s in almost every zone.

    As I said I am not against CRZ and I am not complaining about them, but in their current state I really don't see the point. If they are expanded upon and actually help low pop realms it will be one of the best things ever added, but ATM they aren't doing that.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    First you need people because your playing a MMO
    Second Blizzard removed group quest because it was impossible to do them at the appropriate level because players didn't stay in a single zone long enough.
    You contradicted yourself. You say people are needed then you admit Blizzard removed group quests because there was no one to do them. So then if theres no quest that require groups anymore then you dont need other people in the zones. Like I said earlier. How many people actually go out of their way to group with people from other servers? Im willing to bet not many because it wouldnt make sense to. If you have a quest to pick up 10 items on the ground or loot 10 items off some bears it now takes you twice as long if you group up. Therefore not efficient to do so. WoW from 1-90 is a solo game people need to stop kidding themselves if they think otherwise. Until you hit 90 this game might as well be a console FPS.

  15. #15
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Why?
    I play with friends from other realms quite a bit and it's annoying zoning from one place to the next when you're in a group, especially when a multi-seat mount is involved.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Dead leveling zones are good it means you do your quests faster. Again why do they need more people. Blizzard removed every single group and elite quest from the low level game. You dont need other people in the zones with you.
    This isn't a single player game, bud.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    This isn't a single player game, bud.
    It is until you hit 90. If it was a true MMO there would be tons of group quests and events to promote grouping. Right now there are neither. This is a solo game until you hit 90 and start doing Heroics and Raids. Even if you choose to group and run some LFD or BGs while you level they might as well be bots cause no one says anything and the exp is no where near what you get from solo questing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    It is until you hit 90. If it was a true MMO there would be tons of group quests and events to promote grouping. Right now there are neither. This is a solo game until you hit 90 and start doing Heroics and Raids.
    But you're wrong : /
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    But you're wrong : /
    OK so tell me benefits of grouping before 90 that dont slow you down?

  20. #20
    Crz was simple added to make it look like there are no dead/low pop servers - thats the only reason - you notice that when you see how many bugs/flaws/disadvatages crz brought....

    Everybody who claims Crz was a good thing can be proven wrong by being asked why SW/OG and Pandaland wasnt included in crz if crz is so good....

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    But you're wrong : /
    no he is not - blizzard turned all questing in the old world to single player game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •