Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    While i dont have any concrete data on the number of the factions, i belive that the Orcs and the Forsaken are around the same size and Taurens, BEs, Trolls easily outnumber the Goblins. So in sheer numbers, the rebels (Forsaken included) are bigger than the Orc and the Goblins.
    I think that she has a choise now: either be the bitch of Garrosh, or slap him in the face, while thinning their numbers. The latter also means that the Forsaken getting more and more powerful within the Horde. Isn't that her dream anyway? First the Horde, than the whole world, ofc

You are right, that Trolls, Tauren and BEs won't agree with her experiments, but they shouldn't know about that. Right now she is closely monitored but - i assume -, after a successful isurrection she would be left on a longer leash, or no leash at all.
    I completely disagree, the Trolls do not outnumber the Goblins, those guys are CRAZY large, and if they do not outnumber, their technology would. I just wanna remind you about that Cannon in Azshara. And no, the Orcs are larger than you think, I think their population is on wowpedia.com. Why do you think they are called the horde? Because the horde are crazy large, their numbers alone was enough to burn Stormwind during the second war without the elves, trolls or taurens help.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    A weaker Horde would result in the destruction of the Forsaken :S Who would be defending the cities of the Horde against the full might of the Alliance? Just imagine how easy it would be to pick off each of the cities with the Orcs in a full on civil war. No Kok'kron, no organised army. Just a bunch of races fighting for their last breath. I see no reason why the Alliance would not take this moment to reclaim Lordaeron, they already tried it during Wrathgate. Sylvanas stands no chance without the Orcs, and that goes the same for all the other races.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 11:46 PM ----------

A good dedicated few really mean nothing against the Alliance forces mate. SI:7 would kick their asses any day Need I remind you that also Night Elves are also trained in these tactics, so it would't really be new. And also what other rangers are the left in the Horde? A couple of Elves and Sylvanas Not really a threat tbh.
    Forsaken seem to be doing fine in Lorderon without the help of the orcs. The Forsaken in the wrathgate fight were devided between the army in Northrend and Home, and considering how much land they have taken and fortified within their borders, it wouldn't exactly be easy to take it anymore, especially with the Valkyr strengthening their numbers.

A good dedicated few really mean nothing against the Alliance forces mate. SI:7 would kick their asses any day Need I remind you that also Night Elves are also trained in these tactics, so it would't really be new. And also what other rangers are the left in the Horde? A couple of Elves and Sylvanas Not really a threat tbh.
    night elves are dying by themselves, they don't need the forsaken's help

besides, I'm talking about sylvanas vs garrosh, not sylvanas vs alliance
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I love Sylvanas and despise Garrosh, I would gain much satisfaction if she kills the bar-steward
    If we're just information, just noise in the system, we might as well be a symphony.

Okay I noticed you guys in general have a difficult time in seeing what a threat Garrosh is, I will outline it:
    -They are allied with the Goblins
    -They have a GIANT F*CKING CANNON in Azhara (:O)
    -Their numbers alone are enough to outnumber the Trolls, Taurens and Elves
    -There is not much resistance from INSIDE of Orgrimmar
    -Orgrimmar is the most superior city in all of the Horde, ESPECIALLY considering it undergone new repairs
    -Garrosh may be dumb, arrogant or a prick, but he is a good strategist (imo). I think he would know how to defend his city
    -Thrall (the only possible threat to him) would not be to happy about laying siege to the city he built, nor killing an Orc who is the son of his best friend (Grom)
    -Did I mention the cannon?
    -Goblin technology, I can already see it, Zeppelins, warboats, flying machines, demolishers, bombs
    -Sylvanas; although despises Garrosh still sees his power and his capabilities, and won't jump to the rebels side unless she sees a clear blindspot
    -The Kor'kon are one of the most superior fighters in the Horde, they are a threat to be reckoned with.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Forsaken seem to be doing fine in Lorderon without the help of the orcs. The Forsaken in the wrathgate fight were devided between the army in Northrend and Home, and considering how much land they have taken and fortified within their borders, it wouldn't exactly be easy to take it anymore, especially with the Valkyr strengthening their numbers.
    What are you talking about? During the wrathgate they were kicked out of their own city by Alchemists and a demon lord, they really were NOT doing fine without the Orcs, they even took shelter in Orgrimmar, they needed the full strength of the Horde to reclaim the Undercity :S
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    -The Kor'kon are one of the most superior fighters in the Horde, they are a threat to be reckoned with.
    They pretty much fell on there faces thanks to the player and there ex-warchief.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    night elves are dying by themselves, they don't need the forsaken's help

besides, I'm talking about sylvanas vs garrosh, not sylvanas vs alliance
    Take Garrosh out of that equation and you got the Alliance, Sylvanas isn't dumb enough to think short-term like that. She cares about long-term benefits, and taking Garrosh out of it just like that isn't part of the benefits. The Alliance is a clear threat without the full might of the Orcs.

And I do not understand what you said about the Night Elves :S
    \

-Their numbers alone are enough to outnumber the Trolls, Taurens and Elves
    Big numbers, big tight crowds,... guess what can you throw at them.

Sylvanas will side with Garrosh. She want that meatstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They pretty much fell on there faces thanks to the player and there ex-warchief.
    When did that happen?
    \

The Goblins being allied with the orcs was an alliance of convenience. Goblins are opportunists above everything else; if most of the Horde broke off from Garrosh, I do not think that Goblins would be the most likely race to display their loyalty to Garrosh, who they also view as a tyrant.

Bottom line, goblins will go where it will be most profitable for them to ally with.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Big numbers, big tight crowds,... guess what can you throw at them.
    If the answer is a bomb or something, that really isn't the Troll/Tauren way Taurens are more Nomadic then that, and the Trolls really don't have that kinda "cleave/splash damage" fighting style.
    \

When did that happen?
    Same time they became redshirts. They are starting to have more casualties than ordinary grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The Goblins being allied with the orcs was an alliance of convenience. Goblins are opportunists above everything else; if most of the Horde broke off from Garrosh, I do not think that Goblins would be the most likely race to display their loyalty to Garrosh, who they also view as a tyrant.

Bottom line, goblins will go where it will be most profitable for them to ally with.
    Erm History clearly shows that siding the with rebels is not the most profitable xD Who has the money BUT Garrosh? The Elves? xD
    \

What are you talking about? During the wrathgate they were kicked out of their own city by Alchemists and a demon lord, they really were NOT doing fine without the Orcs, they even took shelter in Orgrimmar, they needed the full strength of the Horde to reclaim the Undercity :S
    Talking about now...not then. They've ramped up SIGNIFICANTLY since then.

Erm History clearly shows that siding the with rebels is not the most profitable xD Who has the money BUT Garrosh? The Elves? xD
    Revolutionary War? :P

They'll go where the crowd is; if most of the Horde sides with Garrosh then that is where they will stay. But if most of the Horde decides to fight I think that is where they will go too.

I think the trolls would be more likely to show alliance imo.

And don't underestimate the blood elves, I'm sure they would LOVE to have a servant/merchant race that exists to take care of their every whim (for a price), and I wouldn't be surprised if they had the coffers to finance it...

10+ Year Old Account
    No it makes little sense that she would side with Garrosh. At the same time it also makes very little sense for Vol'jin, Lor'themar and Baine to accept her with open arms. I suppose I would like to see what they make of that situation.
    However I'm still in the Sylvanas must die crowd. She's become a lame duck as far as I'm concerned. Also I feel from a story POV the Forsaken have more to gain from her death and would perhaps enable them as a race to become individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The thing is, Sylvanas wants to survive. Which side offers the better chance of that, the Horde rebels or the soon-to-be sha-crazed madman?

The Alliance. I mean come on its about time we actually won something.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Talking about now...not then. They've ramped up SIGNIFICANTLY since then.
    That is true, but for them to have gone forward, they had to take a couple of steps back. i.e the loss of the Alchemists and the Demon-lord. But right now what threat is there exactly to Lordaeron? Now take out Garrosh (you got a civil war with the Orcs). This leaves the Trolls to their island, the Taurens to their mountain and the Elves to their half destroyed city. I really see no formidable threat except from the Forsaken, but that alone is not enough against the full might of the Alliance! Take the Orcs out for just a week and the Alliance would be playing duck duck goose and go one by one picking off each city.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    The Alliance. I mean come on its about time we actually won something.
    I see you are also seeing the war long term like me. Everybody is forgetting the Alliance is still there, just waiting for the chance to pounce and recollect Lordaeron, cripple the Trolls, decimate the Orcs, punish the elves and Rofl-stomp the Goblins. Only Taurens seem safe tbh.
    \

Deleted
    So far that is the case? Just go look at Orgimmar, they are all in favour of Garrosh over Thrall, I remember once seeing a quest where Thrall goes to Orgrimmar, a Kor'kon (or however you spell it) guard stopped him INTENTIONALLY knowing that he was Thrall (the old warchief). And clearly states that he cares not for Thrall any more because he thinks he is "weak". You think most of these Orcs see the atrocities the Garrosh commit? Nope, they just believe what he says. The whole "honour" crap he always says.

The only Orcs who would revolt would probably be part of Thralls group, and even that would be a small number. Why do you think the other races will need the Alliances help? Because Garrosh's group of loyalists are TOO BIG in number.
    Yeah at the moment they are, but we haven't seen the extent of Garrosh depravity yet and it will disgust most orcs. Your example of a Kor'kron halting Thrall is a poor one, the Kor'kron are a very fanatical faction of orc warriors, they uphold the will of the warchief without question. Garrosh is the warchief not Thrall. Garrosh also has his Kor'kron and his top goon Malkorok or whatever he's called, beat or kill any dissidents so it's no wonder nobody is really piping up yet, this rebellion is very much in the shadows away from the public eye.

And even if the vast majority of orcs stay with Garrosh (they wont) the forsaken, tauren, trolls, goblins and blood elves combined could take on the orcs. Why would they need Alliance help? Because Garrosh will still have control of the city during the uprising, their aim is to take it back not destroy it and I'm sure Garrosh will have some nasty trick up his sleeve waiting for the separatist army. Why refuse help disposing a mutual enemy when it's openly given?