Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Not satisfied with my performance

So I recently bought and built my own computer. I'm only getting around 40 FPS in 25 man raids with everything on lowest besides particle density and view distance with is on max.

My specs are:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7970 GHz Edition
    16 GB Kingston 1600 MHz Blu Ram
    I7 3770k 3.5 GHz quad core with hyper-threading
    Samsung 840 250GB SSD
    Antec EarthWatts Platinum 650W PSU
    Corsair Obsidian 650D case
    ASRock z77 Extreme4 Motherboard

Anything I need to do to unlock anything? I expected way more for these specs and price. :/

Thanks for help in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft does most of the work on the CPU. I'd bet that you haven't set up your config file to run with multi-core.

Edit: According to WoWWiki, we don't have to specify the CVar I was referring to unless you wish to manually select the core:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/CVar_processAffinityMask
    Manually adjusting this CVar is no longer needed as of 3.3.2 unless you're trying to run the game on specific cores. It is now uncapped so it will run on whatever core your OS deems as fit. If however, you want to specify which cores wow runs on, continue reading.

This cvar determines which cores of your processor wow will load & run on.

Changing this setting requires a restart of wow.

To make this change, you need to open your Config.wtf file, and then make the changes.
    Last edited by Crieve; 2013-01-20 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    I'd bet that you haven't set up your config file to run with multi-core.
    Do tell about it.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft does most of the work on the CPU. I'd bet that you haven't set up your config file to run with multi-core.
    How do I change this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    How do I change this?
    was wondering this too, do tell about it.

Deleted
    So I need to change it to "4"?

You dont need to change any config =P But you can try disable hyper threading in BIOS. I suspect some gfx settings are wrong though or driver problem or even addon problem.

Deleted
    Lol I thought this was going to be a bedroom issue :>.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I need to change it to "4"?
    Optimal Settings for Multi-core Processors:

Dual-cores:

SET processAffinityMask "3"

Tri-cores & i5s:

SET processAffinityMask "7"

Quad-cores:

SET processAffinityMask "15"

I7s:

SET processAffinityMask "85"

16-core/8-core hyper-threaded (untested):

SET processAffinityMask "21845"

Have you increased max FPS in settings? And turn off vsync...

Edit: According to WoWWiki, we don't have to specify the CVar I was referring to unless you wish to manually select the core:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/CVar_processAffinityMask
    Im pretty sure that was changed ages ago so that WoW set that by itself if it found more cores, but I cant be arsed to find the blue post

Deleted
    Everything except particle density and view distance is at lowest, changing the config didn't do anything. :/

You won't happen to have the monitor plugged in to the motherboard instead of the GPU?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    hmm tryed the thing with the cores, dosent work really.. still at 38 fps with an i5 @ 4,5ghz and dual 570's gtx +16 gb ram :/

Deleted
    Nope, it's plugged into the GPU.

Deleted
    So I recently bought and built my own computer. I'm only getting around 40 FPS in 25 man raids with everything on lowest besides particle density and view distance with is on max.

My specs are:
    Samsung 840 250GB SSD

Anything I need to do to unlock anything? I expected way more for these specs and price. :/

stock CPU cooler?
    else overclocking would make for a very easy yet solid improvement in performance once you would get an aftermarket cpu cooler. (wow really likes high clocked intel chips performance wise)

Deleted
    I have thought about overclocking, however I'm afraid I might break something. Currently I can't afford an aftermarket cooler.

Can you run Unigine Heaven Benchmark and post a screenshot of your results?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

If you use a lot of combat log scanning addons (combat text, boss mods, anything that hooks the so-called "CLEU" event) then your wow will be slow with any computer in the world - it's just that CPU-bound and won't ever go past a single core. Addons going through every single combat log event are a significant part of wow's CPU profile.

My specs are:
    Samsung 840 250GB SSD

How much FPS do you have in crowded areas ( capital cities )?
    What is your internet speed DL/sec AND UL/sec?

WoW hits ( maybe this will be very funny for some of you ) very hard on your hardware in very detailed ( you said you enabled max view distance so it takes details from a VERY long radius ) and very crowded areas AS WELL as it hits your internet connection.

I played on 1mb/sec DL and 1mb/sec upload for about 2 years. I had big FPS issues thinking it's my computer ( even upgraded couple of times and it didn't improved my FPS for much ) then i moved and got another internet speed 10mb/sec DL and 2mb/sec upload I got an 20-25 FPS increase with it in raids. Don't know how that works but it's crazy. If you have a good internet connection i don't have any suggestions.

EDIT: Also, don't play with 42874 addons, it kills your CPU power and RAM ( you don't have a prob with ram, you have plenty or memory RAM ).