Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    It was on balanced, is on High Performance now. My FPS in The Jade Forest with everything max except Multisampling is about 55 fps.
    I think you could expect 70-80 FPS normally. But obviously your PC is working fine, something's wrong with WoW. I've spoken to my friend which has CPU; 4,5 GHz, 2x GTX 680 (SLI) and he can reach 110 FPS in the new MoP zones. That's how demanding it is. Your GPU is a little better than mine, I'd say you should get around 5-7 better FPS in WoW than me, and I have around 70 in the new zones. It depends on the view angle of your camera etc.

Actually, maybe I'm talking about my FPS with everything on ultra expect shadows on High now. Because reduing shadows 1 step increases 10 FPS for me. Let me log in and take a look. I'll update this thread with a picture of FPS & place.
    Last edited by mmoc7666622322; 2013-01-21 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    It was on balanced, is on High Performance now. My FPS in The Jade Forest with everything max except Multisampling is about 55 fps. Not something I'm happy about considering I used about $2700 on this computer. :/
    start oc'ing in order to unleash the full potential of your rig. (as far as the old wow engine allows for it)
    2.7 grand did include a badass cpu cooler right?

Deleted
    Nevermind.... Jade forest was more demanding than I thought. Holy shit, I can't even keep stable 60 FPS.

i7 3770 3,4 GHz
    GTX 670 Windforce 3x
    16 GB Ram

This is not a cheap computer either... I'm really suprised right now. It varies so much with zones, in the shrine of the two moons zone I had like 65-70 FPS.

http://i.imgur.com/W22U4Lq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TD0Z7sN.jpg

If other games run fine, it's software related for sure.

Driver or add-on issue.

Did you build and install the computer yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    What is your internet speed DL/sec AND UL/sec?
    ... it hits your internet connection.
    I played on 1mb/sec DL and 1mb/sec upload for about 2 years. I had big FPS issues thinking it's my computer ( even upgraded couple of times and it didn't improved my FPS for much ) then i moved and got another internet speed 10mb/sec DL and 2mb/sec upload I got an 20-25 FPS increase with it in raids. Don't know how that works but it's crazy. If you have a good internet connection i don't have any suggestions.
    Unless you do cloud gaming, your hardware renders the game.

Deleted
    I am going to overclock if it really gives me that big of an advantage. And no, I can't afford an aftermarket cooler for 2 months.

Deleted
    I am going to overclock if it really gives me that big of an advantage. And no, I can't afford an aftermarket cooler for 2 months.
    it scales 1:1 ratio pretty much for wow, however it is better to get an aftermarket cooler first.

Deleted
    It doesn't give that much of an advantage. Maybe 10-20 FPS depending on how much you overclock. Also did you see my screenshots? If you have similar FPS like that then your build is working like it should. You'll have more FPS in other zones. WoW's just so chocking demanding nowadays..

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was on balanced, is on High Performance now. My FPS in The Jade Forest with everything max except Multisampling is about 55 fps. Not something I'm happy about considering I used about $2700 on this computer. :/
    Try turning down shadows, all I need to hear is it's a MoP zone and a "forest" and I know the shadows are probably owning it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 08:54 PM ----------

So your CPU is a 3.5GHz CPU.

Say you overclock it to 4.0GHz... that is a 14.3% increase in CPU-based performance right there, give or take a little. 4.5GHz? Nearly 30%. If you don't have an aftermarket cooler though, I wouldn't OC it past 4.1-4.3GHz, which is still a pretty generous overclock.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

This is definitely because of the "Obsidian" color of your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    This is definitely because of the "Obsidian" color of your case.
    Aaaaaah. Clever.

So ruby cases are probably the best, right? :P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I've noticed something weird. When I'm playing WoW my G510 keyboard says CPU usage is about 20%. When I open another one and login it jumps the to 40% mark. Is it capped somehow or somewhere?

Edit: Same thing if I open and log in on 3. Jumps to 60% usage.
    Last edited by mmoc1f320b3f5d; 2013-01-22 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    I've noticed something weird. When I'm playing WoW my G510 keyboard says CPU usage is about 20%. When I open another one and login it jumps the to 40% mark. Is it capped somehow or somewhere?

you edited the core assignments mentioned on page one? because it looks like wow is still running on dual core settings hence only 20% performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowz View Post
    Nevermind.... Jade forest was more demanding than I thought. Holy shit, I can't even keep stable 60 FPS.

i7 3770 3,4 GHz
    GTX 670 Windforce 3x
    16 GB Ram

This is not a cheap computer either... I'm really suprised right now. It varies so much with zones, in the shrine of the two moons zone I had like 65-70 FPS.

http://i.imgur.com/W22U4Lq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TD0Z7sN.jpg
    When MoP first launched, a lot of the regulars here (at least the ones that still play WoW) who are computer wizzes with amazing computers to boot, most better than mine, were all saying how the new zones are shockingly demanding. One look at the photos you posted reaffirms what I said earlier, forests, trees, thus a lot of textures and if you have shadows/AA enabled... lol GG fps.
    "A flower.

Deleted

No. It's the same for me. I have around 20-25% CPU usage while playing. The reason behind this will be explained below;

If you have 2 cores working at 100%, and 2 other cores are working at 0% then that's 50% CPU usage. In the task manager you can expand the CPU menu and see the usage for each specific core. You'll see that one of them is working at almost 100% and a second one somewhere around 50% usage.

Since you have Hyperthreading and therefore many cores, your CPU use will be divided into many cores (same for me) and that's why you have the low result. If you disable some of your cores and only use dual you'll see somewhere around 80-100% CPU usage.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
    Last edited by mmoc7666622322; 2013-01-22 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Changing the config didn't work. :/