Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arrow pve frost mages in need of clarifications: read here

I noticed a lot of frost mages are afraid of frost mage 5.2 being like the current ptr.
    I think we deserve a clarification about the future of this spec in pve, since the removal of the pet freeze fof procs in raids.
    I don't demand to be precisely informed on every change that spawns in the mind of the devs, just a cold answer: something more is coming/something more is NOT coming, this is it.
    Now, I think that a good way to get the attention of the devs would be to create and upvote a thread, US people for US and EU people for EU.
    Personally, I would like to have even more interaction with my pet, and they could make water jet a channeled buff casted on the mage, empowering the mage frostbolts into producing fof procs and dealing damage like fof ice lances or something like that. The removal of the pet would make fire and frost very similar to me, this is just personal opinion.
    If a thread like this is against the rules I apologize.

Fully agree. They really need to clarify what the hell is going on with Water Jet

Deleted
    We have 2 really huge threads for 5.2 which have many posts about frost and his futures. Is that not enough for you?

Deleted
    This thread was meant to organize something on the officials forums, not to discuss 5.2. But I see not many people are interested in this.

Greg do you think its possible to honestly get frostbolt back to Wrath stages? putting it on FoF and reduce cast time? please.
    Not crazy about reducing cast times on anything, but as you can see, we're still trying out various FoF design on PTR.
    As you can see they can't just make a post saying "we're going to do this" because they're still testing what works best
    What we have now is unlikely to be what we have when the PTR is done, they are iterating several designs of FoF to see which feels right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    As you can see they can't just make a post saying "we're going to do this" because they're still testing what works best
    What we have now is unlikely to be what we have when the PTR is done, they are iterating several designs of FoF to see which feels right
    Yeah what gc said in that post let us know sometime more should be coming, hopefully will come soon the ptr.

What I totally dislike is that they remove every bit of interaction with your water elemental. It would be pretty cool if there were a little bit more interaction (I like the idea of water jet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    What I totally dislike is that they remove every bit of interaction with your water elemental. It would be pretty cool if there were a little bit more interaction (I like the idea of water jet).
    Yeah. That's killing me.

Remove water elemental and roll it dmg into ours.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Here's to hoping they recognize a lot of Frost Mages would really like this ability.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Water elemental never should have been a permanent pet. It should have stayed a cool down.

Maybe it should have just been a glyph to make it permament and reduce damage so PvPers can still have their freeze.

Well I made this on the PTR Discussion forums today:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9121828?page=1

Deleted
    I will follow this discussion.

A good question is : why did all focus on having Water Jet or not ?
    They can make another spell that can do something awesome without interacting with FoF (or not). They can name it "Mage on a leash".
    It could be something like he Fb's debuff is applied by this ability, a powerful spell, a DOT.

Deleted
    Wich impact has a post on the us ptr forums? Because in germany, it feels like it has no impact. I saw another post on the us ptr forum where the MVP states, frost 5.2 is just fine with only ~1% nerf with the actual changes, but tests on PTR (not only mine) shows, frost and fire are way more nerfed then the numbers (math) tell us.

Deleted
    Official Forum are for discussion between players, MVP are players too.
    Dev team check the forum regularly, like other community forum (like here).
    The PTR forum is surely checked more than other forum.

Did it influence there decision? possibly.
    Did they give them idea? Certainly.
    Did they tell them about problem, bug and game breaking issue? Yes.

Deleted
    No news on frost mage.

Yeah it's been 2 builds without the slightest change to mages. Either they think we are good or they are going to hit us with something big. (Although I see no logic in the latter approach)

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Yeah it's been 2 builds without the slightest change to mages. Either they think we are good or they are going to hit us with something big. (Although I see no logic in the latter approach)
    GC's posted some comments on what they're planning for Arcane in a future build, but nothing yet on Frost.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    - For Arcane, we are going to try going down to 4 stacks (down from 6) that increase damage by 50% (up from 25%) and mana cost by 150% (up from 75%). Our goal for Arcane, which hasn't changed in some time, is for the spec to focus on mana management with the ability to go up to high DPS for a high mana cost when needed. We don't want Arcane to sit at max stacks all the time. As a player who is focused on maximizing DPS, you're going to want to maximize stacks, but it's not always going to be easy to do - that's the challenge of mastering the spec. The reason we lowered the stack size is we felt that having to build up to 6 made dropping stacks feel too punitive.

- Also for Arcane, Scorch deals 40% less damage for Arcane only, but its damage and mana are now increased by Arcane Charges. We agreed that previous iterations were too punitive for Fire and Frost. For Arcane, using Scorch as part of the base rotation won't be as powerful as it is today on live (which we feel violates the stack management I mentioned above), but it will increase with stacks.

- We are still iterating on Blazing Speed.

I do think Frost and Fire could do with some looking at.
    Fixing Arcane's broken and exploited rotation was obviously a key focus point but this whole FoF business is still pretty up in the air and I'm not convinced they're done with it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    With GC statement, we could expect something big.
    They don't change mage in 2 patch and they say that they iterating Invocation and now Blazing Speed. They also look at FoF.
    I can only suppose that there iteration are on internal testing.

Conclusion wait and see for the next change.

I hope they don't just remove everything from the pet (actually I don't need to have the pet all the time, I CD would be fine for me if they do something else). But I want a rotation that has slightly more depth then hit the button when it is highlight. Just having Brainfreeze and FoF procs (which are actually all just passive and you don't have a big chance to influence that by gear) and pushing them when they are up is boring. I for e.g. like Fire where you can greatly improve your proc chance by maximising crit. You also have to watch when you push the Infernoblast button and when to use your Hotstreak pyros.
    In the Frost rotation you just push the button whenever it is lit and if you miss it one time you can still hit it the next time. In very rare cases you will loose a brainfreeze, but I think that happens so rarely that it's not worth to mention it here.