first time build!

Hello everyone! I'm planning to build a computer within a month or two and I'm just looking for some advice. I play wow, lol, and the occasional game if there is a good enough sale on steam! I would like to keep my budget around 1500$. Would their be any benefit to get 16gigs of ram over 8? Should I get a 128ssd if I plan on putting my OS and maybe 2-3 games on it? When they're "liquid" cpu coolers do I have to refill the liquid into it? Is that difficult to do?

I put together of an idea of what I want from reading a few suggestions online and now I'm looking for suggestions on this

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yB3b
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yB3b/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yB3b/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($91.33 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($206.17 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 600T (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1527.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-20 12:56 EST-0500)

1. No benefit in gaming for going above 8GB.
    2. More space is always good IMO, but if you don't mind putting your least used programs on an HDD go for 128GB.
    3. Liquid coolers do not need a refill, that's why they're closed.
    Playing since 2007.

Even though the 600t has plenty of space in the back for cable management, you might want to consider investing in a modular power supply. It just reduces some of the clutter in your case

Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate View Post
    Even though the 600t has plenty of space in the back for cable management, you might want to consider investing in a modular power supply. It just reduces some of the clutter in your case
    Any idea of how much the difference might be? Also, does anyone know if I could run two 7970 with that motherboard? How much of a PSU should I look for if i plan to crossfire down the road?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrossi View Post
    Any idea of how much the difference might be? Also, does anyone know if I could run two 7970 with that motherboard? How much of a PSU should I look for if i plan to crossfire down the road?
    Not much but it's nice to have more space and better cable management for greater airflow.
    It probaly can, but it only have one 3.0 PCIe. Change the motherboard to Asrock Extreme 4, better motherboard and you save money.
    Depends if you wanna overclock the cpu/gpu.. If you do that then 800-850 should be fine.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=42459
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really need a 7970, let alone two, for WoW? I'm not criticizing, just seems like you could save a few hundred bucks.

I am starting to steer myself away from two at the moment, feel like i'd mess up the crossfire lol. I like to play a few other games like crysis two and Arkham City, so I'd like a decent gpu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrossi View Post
    I am starting to steer myself away from two at the moment, feel like i'd mess up the crossfire lol. I like to play a few other games like crysis two and Arkham City, so I'd like a decent gpu
    You make it sound like the 7970 is not so great. It's like.. nearly the second best card on the market right now. It's probably the best single core card there is.

A 7970 will probably give you the most bang for bucks. I'd wait a bit if I were you though. There are new cards coming in not so long and usually you can pick up the current generation a bit cheaper just before the new generation is released. Expect a 1 month period with very good prices around the release of the 8xxx/7xx series.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You make it sound like the 7970 is not so great. It's like.. nearly the second best card on the market right now. It's probably the best single core card there is.

I was trying to say one card would handle what I needed, sorry if I wrote that wrong lol.