Deleted

Best GATHERING profesion for DPS

Im an enhancement shammy currently in a 10m progression guild.
    I currently rolling with Mining / Jc'ing which i've has since i first leveled my shaman toon and haven't really looked at since, but as progress has been slow recently, im looking to maximise my DPS as much as possible.
    I am well aware that these two proffesions are by far not the best for a DPS standpoint. and i am looking to drop Mining in favor of a better one, however i would like to keep Jcing for now as it is both useful and somewhat benificial to me.
    So, of the remaining gathering skills, which i feel will be far cheaper / faster to level up (Cost efficiantly atleast) which one will be the best for me?

Skinning most likely. Gather mobs, aoe, loot, skin.

But frankly, I would pick Enchanting.

Deleted
    You mean like the Perks of a prof?

Well, Skinning gives you Crit chance. Herbalism gives you Haste. Not sure on the numbers.

Inscription gives you personal shoulder enchants.
    Blacksmithing gives you 3 extra gem sockets, wrists, gloves, belt. I think.
    Tailoring has cloak enchants, one is 4000 AP chance on hit I believe.
    Engineering has a lot of on uses like 1200 agility when you use your gloves as an item.
    Enchanters can enchant their own rings.

So what your looking at is two Crafting professions for the most ways to increase your DPS. Up to you to decide though.

Deleted
    Yes, i was talking about the perks, i know each proff gives its own stat boost in one way or another, was really looking to see if anyone had done the Min-Maxing for enhancement and done some number crunching.
    Im mainly looking for a new Gathering proff, so basically whether the Skinnning bonus (crit) outweighs the Herblism bonus ( Haste i think?)
    Also, which of the GATHERING proffs is currently the most profitable.?

Deleted
    It depends on how highly you value the different things. I have no knowledge of Enhancement Shamans and their mechanics, so I can't tell you if a baseline crit would be better for you, dpswise, than a short but potent haste buff would be.

I do think it's slack and mean towards your fellow raiders to put your economy before the raid's well-being. Sure, your profession won't make or break anything, but if everybody shares that mentality you won't get anywhere.

And in terms of profit, I don't think any gathering profession is more profitable than the next.

Deleted
    Well Enchanting and Tailoring both have the gathering component of the profession built in, but since only Enchanting is really any good (afaik) for a melee, it's better to pick that one up.

As for Skinning and Herbalism. It depends on which secondary stat is best for Enhancement. However both of these bonuses will not offer you anything near the bonuses a second crafting profession will offer, and imo aren't that much better than the extra stamina granted by Mining. Also have to remember that the crit bonus is passive, while the haste bonus is an on-use CD.

But tbh I honestly don't think it's worth it to change your profession, unless you're looking to join a top end guild that requires you to min-max in 5.2. The DPS bonuses aren't that huge.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skinning (Master of Anatomy):
    +80 Crit

Herbalism (Lifeblood):
    +240 Haste, 20sec. Duration, 2min CD =
    +80 Haste (if used on CD)

Enchanting or tailoring are "gathering" their own mats and have better bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbaducky View Post
    Well Enchanting and Tailoring both have the gathering component of the profession built in, but since only Enchanting is really any good (afaik) for a melee, it's better to pick that one up.

As for Skinning and Herbalism. It depends on which secondary stat is best for Enhancement. However both of these bonuses will not offer you anything near the bonuses a second crafting profession will offer, and imo aren't that much better than the extra stamina granted by Mining. Also have to remember that the crit bonus is passive, while the haste bonus is an on-use CD.

But tbh I honestly don't think it's worth it to change your profession, unless you're looking to join a top end guild that requires you to min-max in 5.2. The DPS bonuses aren't that huge.
    Actually tailoring gives you http://www.wowhead.com/spell=125483

Quote Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
    Skinning (Master of Anatomy):
    +80 Crit

Herbalism (Lifeblood):
    +240 Haste, 20sec. Duration, 2min CD =
    +80 Haste (if used on CD)
    Ofc it's 2280 haste and 480 critrating @90.

Usually lifeblood is the better alternative, since many classes favor haste over crit, and you can use it together with other cooldowns (heroism, arcane power, incarnation etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to maximize your DPS, I would personally say screw gathering. Tailoring and Enchanting will give you the most stat bonuses, because you'll get your cloak proc enchant as well as both your rings enchanted!

Deleted
    Herb, for the haste but lvl a other char and take LW / BS if you want to max your dps..

Deleted
    Gather professions only give you 3 options; crit, stamina or haste.

The best option is to go get a crafting profession, different profs give different perks.
    I always liked the fact that my tailor mage gets a free leg enchant, my dk gets a free (better) shoulder enchant and my druid tank gets a free agi leg enchant.
    Bs gets 2 extra sockets while enchanting gets 2x 160 prim.
    Jc's get bigger gems while engi's get a gloves enchant and extra nifty gadgets.

If you are not cutting edge it doesn't matter that much realy

For the cost i realy wouldn't know

-tailoring *Cloth is easy to find and farm

-The rest
    -
    -Blacksmithing (expensive)
    -Leatherworking (most expensive) *bs and lw might compete

For enchanting, it seems farming greens got nerfed considerably with the AoE loot function (looting 3 greens from a complete RFC)

Deleted
    Personally, if you want a gathering as Enh shammy I still have herbalism/JC as the haste buff can be timed with other procs/cd's.

If you are going to change to a different crafting then would suggest Tailoring or LW as they are the cheapest to do.

For a new gather make a dudu

you could just leveling skinning, or herbalism, farm the mats for either alchemy, inscription, or LWing (you can get a full list of mats you need at www.wow-professions.com) and do it that way, itll take a while longer, but itll cost you much much less than buying the mats from the AH, but if you want to just stick with a gathering profession, herbalism is better, because it can be lined up with wolves every time, and you can just macro it to wolves for simplicity sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was taken from a 5.1 MoP Balance Druid guide on EJ (Source). You can ignore the stats he mentions since you are enhancement but you get a rough idea. I've deleted stuff from it that doesn't apply to you and if any changes were made recently I'm not sure if this would have been updated.

Blacksmithing: An extra socket each in your wrists and gloves, each with a [Brilliant Primordial Ruby], gives 320 Intellect. However since another gem (such as [Smooth Sun's Radiance]) might be even better, Blacksmithing can give somewhat more benefit.

Engineering: Synapse Springs give 1920 Int, for 10 seconds out of every 60, for 320 Int on average (varies slightly in practice). Has potential to slightly outdo other professions since you can time the use to be most efficient.

Leatherworking: 500 Int to bracers in place of the usual 180 Int gives you 320 Intellect.
    Alchemy: Mixology (with your [Flask of the Warm Sun]) will give you 320 Intellect.
    Enchanting: 160 Int to each ring gives 320 Intellect.
    Inscription: 520 Int/100 crit to shoulders in place of the usual is a gain of 320 Intellect.
    Tailoring: Lightweave Embroidery gives 2000 Int for 15 seconds, 20% proc on damage, 60 second cooldown. The average benefit with perfect procs is around 500 Int, minus the 180 Int you usually have on your cloak, for an increase of around 320 Int. This is slightly reduced due to delay on the proc, but increased since you get a proc at the very beginning of the fight, so the end result is similar to other professions, but with a little variance.

Jewelcrafting: 2 [Brilliant Serpent's Eye] in place of 2 [Brilliant Primordial Ruby] gives 320 Intellect. However, since [Brilliant Primordial Ruby] may not be your best gem, the gain is slightly less. In addition, Jewelcrafting may grow weaker when epic gems are introduced.

Gathering professions are weaker:
    Herbalism now gives a haste cooldown via Lifeblood. At 2880 haste for 20s every 2 minutes, it averages out to 480 haste.
    Skinning gives 480 crit rating.
    Mining provides 480 stamina, but no DPS gain.
    Last edited by Neetz; 2013-01-25 at 01:23 AM.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Thanks for the info.

Mining for sure, at least in my opinion.