Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    A new race NOT in lore

    basically a race that isnt in the lore that you would add. something that isnt really in wow or atleast not a main thing. so nothing like ogres or elves or ethereal.

    me personally id love to have a lion like race kind of like this maybe obviously alliance since the lion is their symbol



    also a rabbit man race or maybe even a race of many critter like people like raccoons and bunnies. they would be kind of comic relieve but also badass. like rocket raccoon from guardians of the galaxy. i imagine theyd be like this





    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,459
    They updated the frog model for a reason bro.....

  3. #3
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Elin

    <_<

    >_>

    ^_^


    But seriously, Angel-People. Why? because Angel-People
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-01-22 at 03:05 PM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    4,137
    Pandas.


    No but seriously: Shark-people.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Elin

    <_<

    >_>

    ^_^


    But seriously, Angel-People. Why? because Angel-People
    their racial could be free flying with their wings
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    They updated the frog model for a reason bro.....
    I lol'd more than I should have.

    Frog people have my vote. We already have fish people, why u no frog.

    Also, Hypnotoad as their leader.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Weirdbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Me live Sweden
    Posts
    713
    Yes, toad people. To bad Rash, Pimple and Zit are already in game. They would have been the meanest warriors in WoW.

    And while we are at amphibians, why no turtles? Ninja turtles?

  8. #8
    I wish we could do something more interesting than (Animal)-people or exerts from Tolkien. But I suppose it's easier and typically more effective that way as they seem more 'plausible' to us.

    That said, Draenei and Ethereals aren't (animal)-people, and they seem to fit in ok.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Weirdbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Me live Sweden
    Posts
    713
    Not animal you say?
    What about a blob people. They could transform in all weird different shapes. Change placement of "arm" to suit the situation. And they could come in all wacky colours. Some might even grow hair for the sake of customisation.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Elin

    <_<

    >_>

    ^_^


    But seriously, Angel-People. Why? because Angel-People
    TERA goes free to play next month, take yer loli's back there.

  11. #11
    I want to see some plant people, you already have stone and metal. You already have cases of animals being changed by magical energies so the same could happen with plants.

    And not ents or bog people.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gcmandrake View Post
    I wish we could do something more interesting than (Animal)-people or exerts from Tolkien. But I suppose it's easier and typically more effective that way as they seem more 'plausible' to us.

    That said, Draenei and Ethereals aren't (animal)-people, and they seem to fit in ok.
    Draenei are a bad example because people disliked them a lot when they were made. And ethereals are mummys made of energy, their customization would be very limited.

    When a playable race is added, they need it to be easy to identify, panda-people, cow-people, wolf-people and already known fantasy races work, original ideas are usually very controversial because "they don't fit".

    If they want to create a new race, it has to be similar to something we have seen before, (animal)-people is the only choice they have of being somewhat original. With that in mind, I demand PLATYPUS people!
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  13. #13
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,471
    Something not based on any exisiting creature animal or whatever. There's lots of stuff you could do, there can probably be as many ideas as there are people. I would go with something more human-looking like the Sith purebloods from SW. A more sinister race that thrives on hate.

  14. #14
    A race based on shed feathers from Malfurion's arm.

  15. #15
    Valkyries!!! Oh wait...

  16. #16
    Someone called for elemental-like race?


    PS: not really elemental

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I want to see some plant people, you already have stone and metal. You already have cases of animals being changed by magical energies so the same could happen with plants.

    And not ents or bog people.
    yeah i would also like a race of plant people
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #18
    They'd have to get pretty creative to make a new race that isn't half-animal (Tauren, Taunka, Worgen, Yaungol, Mantid, Pandaren, Furbolg, Quilboar, Saurok, Kobold, the list goes on...), or already established in other fantasy worlds (Dwarves, Elves, Orcs,..) while still making them seem like they fit without seeming completely like sci-fi aliens (See: Draenei). Doubt they'd be able to make something up that's COMPLETELY original and still fits both visually and lore-wise.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    TERA goes free to play next month, take yer loli's back there.
    I didn't click on the original link because I figured Angel-People was self explanatory until you made that comment.

    So then I had to look...

    ...and now I understand your comment!

  20. #20
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    TERA goes free to play next month, take yer loli's back there.
    Hey, at least I didn't suggest Popori
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •