Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thats because you have a mastery / crit gear i guess.

Mastery copying those huge ticks from DPs is much more attractive in pve aswell.

Deleted
    I tried some raw calcualtions from my raid logs:
    In our raids my mindflay ticks for 25k dmg(Without Twisted Fate talent). Multiplied by insanity, haste, crit, and mastery percentages : 25*2*1.25*1.2*1.3= 93.6k damage per second channeling insanity.
    Mind blast and instant mindspikes hit for 94k. Divided by gcd time and multiplied by crit: 94 * 1.2 / 1.25 = 90.2k dps.
    At last 1 orb DP if its tick damage will be doubled will do 126k dps for me.

I've spend a few hours on ptr training dummys last week trying both talents and SW:Insanity always won for me by a huge margin.
    76-80k dps using FDCL, and 80-85k with insanity 1 orb rotation.

I think that SW:Insanity will be boost at single target fights with low movement. And thats where we are weak right now.
    We will see more when someone comes with simulations.
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2013-01-25 at 04:07 PM. Reason: 502 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Thats because you have a mastery / crit gear i guess.

Mastery copying those huge ticks from DPs is much more attractive in pve aswell.
    Mastery also copies Mind Flay ticks. I think Mastery's going to be much more prominent in PvE if the DP change goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    I've spend a few hours on ptr training dummys last week trying both talents and SW:Insanity always won for me by a huge margin.
    76-80k dps using FDCL, and 80-85k with insanity 1 orb rotation.
    What kind of gear do you have? Last I checked, shadow priests go crit over mastery. If you instead went mastery over crit, FDCL's damage will go up.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-01-26 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    What kind of gear do you have? Last I checked, shadow priests go crit over mastery. If you instead went mastery over crit, FDCL's damage will go up.
    My priest is Agnee from Thunderhorn Eu realm. 4k crit, 2k mastery.

The point is that SW:I does aproximately same dps as if u could spam FDCL procs constantly. The only tax is that u have to use DP with 1 orb, but it's damage per execute time will be pretty good in 5.2.

Deleted
    I really do not want to do DP+1orb - and I doubt Blizzard wants us to use only 1 orb to get max dps from SW:I so I'm really hoping for a change on this.
    It's basically the same story as Arcane mage using scorch for mana management - which was not intended, and was changed.

SWI scaling with lust/haste procs is what im looking forward to the most. hopefully we can close some of the absurd gap between any other dps and us during lust.

what a m pretty sure about by my opinion is that: with this tier 14 set 4 if they don't change it Sw:I . will be the only way to go ... after that i guess its gonna be fight depending

there are so many things to take in mind like will the haste cap change will mastery beat crit are we gonna have a good 2nd stat after haste all of that will be shown when it goes to live but atm 1 of the sp weak points is the insane dps gap in blood lust or hero between us and other classes .. using insanity with 1 orb during the lust will close this gap permanently and even might open a new gap with us on top ..
    Last edited by Painfury; 2013-01-26 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidie View Post
    I really do not want to do DP+1orb - and I doubt Blizzard wants us to use only 1 orb to get max dps from SW:I so I'm really hoping for a change on this.
    It's basically the same story as Arcane mage using scorch for mana management - which was not intended, and was changed.
    Waiit a second, DP was never meant to be used with 3 orbs for gigatomic damage, it was more of a GCD optimal usage that made the spell better off casted with 3 orbs.
    The damage formula stated clearly that damage per orb was a linear increase, instead of something multiplicative.
    At least, i dunno if something changed in that case i missed that entirely.

there's no way that they're keeping the 15% bonus to insanity on our 4t14. the only reason that was added to the original bonus of +3 sec to SWP&VT was because the original set reduced the DPS of old insanity.

from what i've seen/heard, the bonus isn't currently applied to new insanity on PTR, so there's be no reason to expect it to work this way come release. if it did work, you're right in that it would be really hard to break the set.

i'm wondering, myself, as to whether PI will become useful with 4t15. the snapshotting of the extra haste via apparition extensions could be useful, and the new insanity would definitely get a big bonus from the extra haste every 2 mins.

@purpleisbetter yeah, i'm pretty sure a lot of people think DP works like ret's TV instead of the linear scaling we get now. we're still doing the same damage per orb doing 1 orb DPs.

Deleted
    Waiit a second, DP was never meant to be used with 3 orbs for gigatomic damage, it was more of a GCD optimal usage that made the spell better off casted with 3 orbs.
    The damage formula stated clearly that damage per orb was a linear increase, instead of something multiplicative.
    At least, i dunno if something changed in that case i missed that entirely.
    If its optimal, why does no one with brains use it with less than 3 now? o.o

I don't like spending unnessecary GCDs either so personally I'll most likely stick with FDCL if it's certain we'd need to use 1 orb plagues for best SW:I dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidie View Post
    If its optimal, why does no one with brains use it with less than 3 now? o.o

I don't like spending unnessecary GCDs either so personally I'll most likely stick with FDCL if it's certain we'd need to use 1 orb plagues for best SW:I dps.
    Well that's a easy answer: pretty much everything has a higher dpet then 1 orb plague, so if u use plagues at 1 orb in live u would just doing the same exact damage made by the spell in the long run at the cost of possible procced spikes, blasts, deaths or halos. Wich wouldn't have much sense.

MF:I will change everything.

Just a heads up, don't get too excited about SW:I yet. There was a twitter post the other day regarding damage and balance changes, so don't consider the damage SW:I is doing to be final by any means.

Yeah, we can even have some pve love more!

Well that's a easy answer: pretty much everything has a higher dpet then 1 orb plague, so if u use plagues at 1 orb in live u would just doing the same exact damage made by the spell in the long run at the cost of possible procced spikes, blasts, deaths or halos. Wich wouldn't have much sense.

MF:I will change everything.
    On PTR, 1 orb DP has a higher DPET, not sure how it is on live.

The reason no one uses 1 orb DP is that you can get the same total damage with 3 orb DP. If you go with 3 orb DP, you free up 2 GCDs that can be better spent else where (even its just for Mind Flay).
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-01-28 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Priest single-target is just retarde-dly bad right now imo, we got nothing against other hybrids. Im ilvl 504 now in high end guild, and other hybrids as Monks/Boomers/Rets scale so much better with gear its ridiculous. They will go above us on damage. The only way were liable atm is with ToF and Executes, there is where our damage lays. The only fights i can fuck the others on are fights like Amber Shaper / Elegon HC, where we have a massive uptime on ToF and executes, we get alot more Shadoworbs and 15% increased dmg like 80% of the fight, thats when we can shine. Rest of the fights, its a fact we are brought cus of Hymns and Massdispells, kiting duty and bullshit like that. Next tier can be good with the ShA cap increased but its still way to RNG. Me for one are most certainly re-rolling a warlock in 5.2. Blizz made me do it. The state they have placed priests in, its like they are fisting us on purpose. We have always been able to do good damage with some skill, but now? Noway. I see totally no-skilled dipshits pressing 2 buttons and race past me on damage.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:31 PM ----------

BUMP - Elemental shamans still suck ass, but anyway if you're a shaman with a brian you'd just go Enh and rape the damage.
    Friend of mine rerolled Mage before 5.1 because Priest was bad. He was happy until they nerfed combustion. Now his DPS compared to others who stick with one class and practice at it is quite bad. I've always believed a good player will out-dps a bad player, regardless of which class happens to be overpowered / underpowered. I'll always stick with Shadow Priest, no matter what the meter's or sims say. I would advise you to do the same since the DP change is going to buff our damage too.

On topic...

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    On PTR, 1 orb DP has a higher DPET, not sure how it is on live.

The reason no one uses 1 orb DP is that you can get the same total damage with 3 orb DP. If you go with 3 orb DP, you free up 2 GCDs that can be better spent else where (even its just for Mind Flay).
    Erm, you sure? Do you mean with SW: I or do you mean DP itself? How can a 1 orb DP ever be higher DPET than a 3 orb DP?!?

why is your rerolling friend still playing fire? arcane can easily outdps shadow on like 90% of fights this tier, and has by far superior single target dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    why is your rerolling friend still playing fire? arcane can easily outdps shadow on like 90% of fights this tier, and has by far superior single target dps.
    You kinda missed my point entirely...