1. #1

    Raid Pets from Coin Rolls

    Especially curious about Stunted Direhorn and Zandalari Hatchling. Figuring out if the raid pets come from mobs or bosses would be neat too.
    Plan is to have bonus rolls work for raid boss pets. Currently 2 of those and one pet on raid trash. Currently plan is that they will drop as normal loot and on bonus rolls. Stunted Direhorn is not 5.2 anymore, most likely 5.3 at this point. We have a cool replacement though! That was just a scaled down direhorn, no wonder it looked good! Shooting for a custom model in 5.3.0 Front Page

    Are you serious? I don't really care about pets, and while some of them look cool, I'll be mad as hell if I coin a boss that drops a weapon/ trinket/tier and I am greeted by a combat pet. Yes, I imagine I can cage and sell it for a LOT of gold, but gold is easy come easy go, and an actual piece of gear esp. on 10 man difficulty is a lot bigger deal than something that sits in my spellbook not being used, I look at once a week at most, or I can sell for gold that I could get in some other way. If they do this it should ask you if you want the pet included in the coin roll loot table, or make it from LFR gold bags only.

    This is coming from someone who loves dinosaurs and/or gold, but I know I'd be mad if I got a pet instead of an actual usefull power-enchancing piece. I like mounts, but I hope they let us have some sort of option on this, as I really don't care about pet battles, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  2. #2
    There are more important things to complain about in this game than getting a pet at the cost of 1 Elder/30 Lesser/15 dailies.

    Sell it. Give it to a guildie to make their day. Stop whining. Three very valid options.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,126
    Then I guess you would prefer to roll and get nothing.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Godavari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Then I guess you would prefer to roll and get nothing.
    or items that u already have that sell for less than the gold from the bag.

  5. #5
    You won't get a pet instead of gear, basically how the system is already but there's a chance to get a pet instead of gold. If that makes sense.

  6. #6
    The pets drop in addition to regular loot. If you get a pet instead of gold, and you don't want it, I'll take it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You won't get a pet instead of gear, basically how the system is already but there's a chance to get a pet instead of gold. If that makes sense.

    I hope this is how it works, but given that you can get an Elegon mount instead of say, a heroic Elegion or Starshatter, I'd say they might not do this. http://www.wowhead.com/item=87777#comments

    N Elegon is old hat by now, and if you can/have killed H Elegon he is sort of too, but I'd find it very annoying to get a pet at the beginning of the tier instead of a N BiS weapon. I'd probably be able to sell it for a massive amount of gold that I could use on something I like (specific TCG mounts/BoE gear/transmog) but I'd have to find someone with more money than sense. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  8. #8
    You will never get a pet "instead of" gear because it will be eating into the probability of getting gold, not the probability of getting loot.

    If there's a 12% chance to get an item and an 88% chance to get gold and then add a pet on a 12% chance, it will be 12% item, 12% pet and 76% gold.
    If you roll a number that wins you a pet, it would have been a number that got you money under the old system. It is the same for Elegon's mount.

    Those figures are obviously imaginary but you get the idea.

  9. #9
    Grunt Rubbaducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You will never get a pet "instead of" gear because it will be eating into the probability of getting gold, not the probability of getting loot.

    If there's a 12% chance to get an item and an 88% chance to get gold and then add a pet on a 12% chance, it will be 12% item, 12% pet and 76% gold.
    If you roll a number that wins you a pet, it would have been a number that got you money under the old system. It is the same for Elegon's mount.

    Those figures are obviously imaginary but you get the idea.
    This is how I thought the system was going to work in 5.2. Much happier about getting extra stuff from my coin rolls. Getting 28G 3 times a week after having done all those dailies is slightly disheartening.

  10. #10
    Hey, if it gives us something for free instead of just gold every time, I am certainly up for it. Can't see how you can moan when it's just something extra...

  11. #11
    Also something to keep in mind is that you can crate pets that aren't received from pet battle capture and resell them, and due to rarity this is actually likely to be much more valuable than 28g
    So nobody would rather have 28g than this pet

  12. #12
    Additionally, there is word of more that just gold in bags. The odd pet (given there is 2 for TotTK) is nice, but that is 2/14 instance bosses. Likely also gonna be consumables for your class/spec as well (free flasks/+300 foods are nice), or something.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    Hey, if it gives us something for free instead of just gold every time, I am certainly up for it. Can't see how you can moan when it's just something extra...
    And yet people found a way to whine about getting an extra roll and seeing 28g. Which is ONLY better than how it was before MoP which was roll, lose and that's it. Now you roll, lose, and roll again (alone) and maybe win. Yet people complained... i couldn't believe it. You know what they found to complain about.. I don't like seeing 28g every week from my EXTRA loot bag. that's right - it was better before, when you got no extra loot bag with a possibility of gear.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-01-20 at 11:10 PM.

  14. #14
    I would love to see that when I don't miss any new Loot. If it's just a replacement for the gold bag this would actually be great

  15. #15
    for the people that dont give a fuck about pets. this is lol.. i guess its more gold for us.

  16. #16
    What if you could sell them?

  17. #17
    Based on the Blues i readed, im almost sure the pets will have a chance to come with the gold inside the bags, so not disputing a chance with Boss gear... No reasons to complain...



    " So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

  18. #18
    Old raid pets sell anywhere from 1000-3000g on my realm and that's content anyone can solo. I can't imagine these going for much cheaper.

  19. #19
    10k a pop i would bet
    do what you feel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •