Thread: stampede

stampede

Some hunters I see using stampede have all spirit beasts and it gives the hunter heaps of heals. Is this the way to go for pvp? Or it doesn't matter just personal preference?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Some hunters I see using stampede have all spirit beasts and it gives the hunter heaps of heals. Is this the way to go for pvp? Or it doesn't matter just personal preference?
    I don't even pvp and I can tell this is an easy question to answer.

Which would you prefer, a bunch of heals from spirit beasts or slow/stun/interrupt/disarm/slow casting speed/root cast on your target?

Pick the option which suits you.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi warlock
    why u don't like stampede heals :P
    in fact i like ur chaos bolt so much :P which it can K.O 150k+ crits

Deleted
    I would go with the slows and disarms and such, I would say 5x spirit beasts would be better when doing 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    hi warlock
    why u don't like stampede heals :P
    in fact i like ur chaos bolt so much :P which it can K.O 150k+ crits
    If you can't answer without attacking him because of what class he plays, then you're doing something very wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I would go with the slows and disarms and such, I would say 5x spirit beasts would be better when doing 1v1s

If you can't answer without attacking him because of what class he plays, then you're doing something very wrong...
    i am insanely fanatic and i feel jealous when other classes talking about hunter
    its problem and i know that its hard to control it but i don't mean it as "attacking"
    even at battle.net forums doing that when stranger come to hunter forums

This is a bit context dependent, but with the 5 minute CD, I'm more inclined to want Stampede to have the highest possible chance of finishing my opponent than I am to want it as a defensive tool.

i am insanely fanatic and i feel jealous when other classes talking about hunter
    its problem and i know that its hard to control it but i don't mean it as "attacking"
    even at battle.net forums doing that when stranger come to hunter forums
    Not to be too rude, but you are not your favorite class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is a bit context dependent, but with the 5 minute CD, I'm more inclined to want Stampede to have the highest possible chance of finishing my opponent than I am to want it as a defensive tool.

Not to be too rude, but you are not your favorite class.
    i don't get it
    how i am not my fav class ??
    "i saw the guy "pkm" saying today on forums that hunter pop all CDs and K.O ppl in just one sec
    that's all
    nothing more nothing less
    Last edited by Steliios; 2013-01-21 at 10:38 PM.

i don't get it
    "i saw the guy "pkm" saying today on forums that hunter pop all CDs and K.O ppl in just one sec
    that's all
    Not sure if english is your first language but what he meant was "no one asked you to come in here and defend hunters by attacking warlocks".

Regardless of PKMs other posts, he asked a valid question about Stampede and got a valid answer. There is no need to derail the thread by "defending" your favourite class when no one is even attacking it.

I strongly advise people to use Stampede unglyphed seeing as how the spirit mend heals for ~158,000 every 28 seconds with one single spirit beast. So in my opinion having five of those is overkill. I would rather have a web/stun/buff/debuff from the stabled pets. Also, how often (in arena at least) do you use stampede defensively? I can think of a few situations; however, it is mostly used as an offensive spell. Unglyph it and get yourself some nice buffs and abilities =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the Situation

In Arenas Hunters usually go with different Pets for Buffs, Webs, Stuns etc.
    In rated Battlegrounds I Highly Advice one or two Spirit Beasts and a Rhino. Most of the Time you will sit somewere in Camo, defending a flag. Survivability is the key to keep the enemy from tapping until your reinforcements are coming.
    In random Battlegrounds a Spirit Beast. Often your Party doesnt have a Healer or the Healer is so undergeared / zerged that waiting for a Heal isnt a good idea.

i don't get it
    that's all
    I'm more confused about how you got the impression that I main a warlock :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    I strongly advise people to use Stampede unglyphed seeing as how the spirit mend heals for ~158,000 every 28 seconds with one single spirit beast. So in my opinion having five of those is overkill. I would rather have a web/stun/buff/debuff from the stabled pets. Also, how often (in arena at least) do you use stampede defensively? I can think of a few situations; however, it is mostly used as an offensive spell. Unglyph it and get yourself some nice buffs and abilities =)
    Don't the heals from Stampede pets only have 25% effectiveness?

I'm still baffled that stampede is useable in Arena. My opinion about getting heals from a spirit beast while in stampede is pretty sweet ability. Is it a disadvantage to other people in arena? I'm not sure I see it as over powered because I see other classes healing themselves like crazy too.