Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is wow now too time consuming?

Has Mists of Pandaria caused you to log less and less? Some people defending long and useless grinds say that "bro, but it was same in tbc!" Well some ppl might forget that what wasnt so bad back then, can be bad now. Firstly people who played in vanilla and tbc propably arent teens anymore and dont got time to play whole fuckin day. Secondly as the game becomes old you will obviously lose atleast some interest to it, and if game is still time consuming as it was before it's obviously bad thing. I think what they achieved with these dailies and other inconvenience (leveling new char from 1-90) that especially old players have stopped to play. You cant fuckin play wow all day if you're responsible adult. People who still can play wow full time like doing dailys, leveling and all that shit as adults gives me impression of them still living with parents or living on welfare. I know some will say that im lieing, but I'd say what I wrote describes the situation pretty accurately for most cases.
    What do you people think of current state of wow for people who dont got all day to play? What they should improve? Maybe make leveling from 60 to 90 less time consuming?

Edit. this is not a rant.
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2013-01-19 at 07:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know this is possibly one of the most casual expansions out there I'm just letting you know that including the leveling like It's not even remotely time consuming. Dailies are the only thing that's tedious which aren't even remotely mandatory.

You choose how you play.

It is if you let it. Like always.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

GEEZ, Yeah, it's too time-consuming, but not even close to the horrible grinding model of BC.

Played since vanilla, still plays with only 2 breaks, game is old but gets constant updates, I study at the local university, I live on my own, I got time for dailys and levelling alts.

Are you mad that your GF/mom wont let you play more?

They can do what others do, but it will just take longer time for them, if they don't like it they can find another game. 60 -> doesn't take that long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You know this is possibly one of the most casual expansions out there I'm just letting you know that including the leveling.
    Well I dont exactly call it casual when it takes two months to level from 1-90.

"Now?" No.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well I dont exactly call it casual when it takes two months to level from 1-90.
    But it doesn't. It would take most people a week at most. 2 months if you log in for a hour only.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    GEEZ, Yeah, it's too time-consuming, but not even close to the horrible grinding model of BC.

Posts like this make me sick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Are you mad that your GF/mom wont let you play more?
    Nah, more like the problem is work schedule. 10 hours a day at work and when u come home, dont really got other than like 1 hour time per day to play.

Nah, more like the problem is work schedule. 10 hours a day at work and when u come home, dont really got other than like 1 hour time per day to play.
    Everyone doesn't have your work schedule, which you seem to think, and if you had that work schedule while you where playing TBC the case would still stand. The game designers should not focus their work around your work schedule.

I suggest you find a game where the focus does not lie so much in the MMO genre.

Edit. This is a potato.
    Last edited by Lushious; 2013-01-19 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm older, have a family and kids and don't have as much time to play as I used to have. I've played for almost seven years and I can honestly say that the period that I logged the least was near the end of Cataclysm when there was virtually nothing to do for 6+ months.

I think that the changes they've made for MoP were put in place to try to prevent something like that from happening again. Despite that, I don't see your points as valid. Leveling really doesn't take all that long, dailies don't even take that long unless you choose to do all that you possibly can and they are not a requirement. I mostly log on in the evenings for guild raids, LFR, old transmog raids and sometimes for pet battling if I don't have much else to do.

I think that your post could have benefited from a little less insult tossing. Even though you've added questions about improving the game at the end, people are likely to respond to the inflammatory comments and not the questions.

With the cost of heirlooms these days, the fact that most people have them, and the reduction in the amount of time it takes to level a fresh character that Blizzard has made in recent expansions, I don't think it needs to be any less "time consuming" than it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I suggest you find a game where the focus does not lie so much in the MMO genre.
    No I think you're just too close minded. In my opinion they should definitely think at blizzard about old customers and maybe give them opportunity to instantly level char to 70 or 80 every now and then. Maybe once a year just like the scroll of resurrection thing was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Mists of Pandaria caused you to log less and less?
    No, not really. However, RL gives me less time to log and the same goes for my friends too.

What do you people think of current state of wow for people who dont got all day to play?
    I seem to be able to get a few chars up to 90, gear them a bit and raid casually.

What they should improve? Maybe make leveling from 60 to 90 less time consuming?
    I don't see what should be improved. They nerf XP requirements lower each time (each xpac etc) and more heirlooms every time. Sounds fair enough for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's stuff to do if you want to do it. Unlike most of cataclysm..

It's up to you how much time it has to consume.

If you grown up and don't have time to play anymore - just quit. If you want purples - works for it. It doesn't matter how much blizz tries to even out game for casuals with all the dailies, caps etc, MMO = GRIND. Any attempts to make game casual friendly only makes it worse.

I play for an hour or two most of the time at most and I got to ilevel for LFR through heroic drops in about 3-4 weeks. Stopped playing for a month, came back and got to ilevel 480 in about 3-4 weeks through LFR drops and some Shieldwall rep. Still haven't touched any of the daily factions or finished leveling through Dreaswastes, Townlong, or Kun Lai.

The game is no more time consuming than it ever was, in fact it's not only less time consuming, there's more variety of things to do. The only thing that makes it time consuming is that you're free to do as many dailies as you want and you can't deck an alt out in epic gear just by grinding 5 mans like you could in Cataclysm.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I think that your post could have benefited from a little less insult tossing. Even though you've added questions about improving the game at the end, people are likely to respond to the inflammatory comments and not the questions.
    Yeah I know, it's just my style of writing posts, I dont want to change my style just to get acceptance from people.

Deleted
    Has Mists of Pandaria caused you to log less and less?
    Yes.
    Also this game isn't worth the time or money it requires to be played anymore.

If you want to be good yes it is time consuming, i dont know how ppl still ask that question. If you are just a casual player that logs in 1 hour a day then sure it isnt, but again if you want to be good at the game you have to dedicate a lot of time to it...