Thread: Time to quit?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Id just get to like plvl 15 or 20, and if Im still not finding anything, than Id call it quits. Its either that, or keep on lvling, because each plvl adds 3% gold and magic find. So if you start saving up, then you can get something off the AH if you really want to

Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    Been farming now for 12 paragon levels (around 40-60 hours of gameplay) and not even one legendary or a decent rare!
    before they usely pop up every 1-2 hours but not anymore.
    So is it my time to quit or should i keep going for somethign that might not even drop?
    Dont get me wrong ilove the game but its slowly killing it for me that im not getting any progress from my time i spent playing!

Update 2013.01.25! Atm im paragon 46 and i have not touched the game since this post!
    i don't think this post is honest. Most people get at least a legendary an hour. To say you've gone 40 hours without one, even a brimstone one, I think you're not being completely truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    i don't think this post is honest. Most people get at least a legendary an hour. To say you've gone 40 hours without one, even a brimstone one, I think you're not being completely truthful.
    the moment you are above 300 MF (200 gear - about 1/3 Paragon - NV stacks up), you will see a huge UP in Legendary drop. I don't know if there is a difference between normal and green pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Belive what you want! Idid not get any leg, not even a rare worth mentioning!

Well unless you're playing with awful gear and killing a few mobs an hour, I just don't see it myself.

Deleted
    Quit game for a while and come back later?
    I only hop into d3 now and then, sold my stuff back when RMAH came out, got a good 1k euro in total. My items are even better now :s

I try to come back. Everytime I do I stay for less and less. I reinstalled it about a week ago and played it for an hour before uninstalling again.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I try to come back. Everytime I do I stay for less and less. I reinstalled it about a week ago and played it for an hour before uninstalling again.
    I keep telling myself the game will get better in the expansion while playing either dota or poE haha

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me I think it was the complacency with the Monk class as to why it still didn't stick with me very well after some solid patches. I have been leveling a 'twink' wizard and it's much more fun. It's been pretty OP enough, being able to take on MP10 while leveling, also with my hellfire ring, a large xp gem in the helm, and just about every piece with xp on it, I'm flying. I just hit 45 and I'm only on act 2 of nightmare. I will probably hit 60 and still have two difficulties to go.

It helps that I found a reduced level requirement 700dps wand. I went from 2700 dmg to 15000 dmg with all my buffs up. Kinda insane actually. I just Raiden everything down in seconds.
    BAD WOLF

Good legendaries drop in-game? I thought they were born magically inside the RMAH.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    289 hrs.
    P44.

Most of it was before paragons existed.

And I keep myself logged in, afk for atleast 100 of those hours.. so I think you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    playing mp8 with my paragon 5 barbarian... 0 legendaries in 30 hours. not even a decente rare drop.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    playing mp8 with my paragon 5 barbarian... 0 legendaries in 30 hours. not even a decente rare drop.
    Like Flux said on Diablofans website.

The moment you pass 300+ in Magic Find you'll get Legendaries.

So a tip: play in group mode with 250 MF on gear (or Paragon) (the NV 5+ stacks add another 75 MF) and you'll breeze through content at MP0 with enough Legendaries. Don't forget to stuff your assistant with MF rings and amulets.

When key hunting go to your second gear set with highest DPS possible and MP X where X is what your gear can handle... and ignore MF.

In about 20 "30 minute" runs I get enough Green (set) Legendaries to sell.

These gear set pieces are always worthwhile. It is all in the MF really.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You never tried and you never installed. 3456 negative posts to prove it. Since you post around 12 times per day and not in ONE of these negative posts there is something of a reinstall to find. Besides before installing the complete game you need to buy the thing first of course. Demos don't go beyond the Skeleton King.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-02 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    At only paragon 5, unless you heavily RMAH then I think your kill speed will be pretty abysmal on MP8.

Drop to MP1, put those same 30 hours in, and you'll easily get many legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    Been farming now for 12 paragon levels (around 40-60 hours of gameplay) and not even one legendary or a decent rare!
    before they usely pop up every 1-2 hours but not anymore.
    So is it my time to quit or should i keep going for somethign that might not even drop?
    Dont get me wrong ilove the game but its slowly killing it for me that im not getting any progress from my time i spent playing!

Update 2013.01.25! Atm im paragon 46 and i have not touched the game since this post!
    Sorry but I simply do not believe you. I'm Paragon 46 myself and I get a legendary once every hour or so. Sometimes I have a bit more luck than other times like the other day I was playing with a friend and I got three legendaries in 15 minutes. Other times I play a few hours and get nothing.

People care too much about legendaries.
    The chance to get a decent legendary is much lower than a chance to get a decent rare item. Just one out of 20 legendaries will be worth 5m+.

1 legendary per hour is the most realistic rate. If you get twice less than that (in average) then you are doing it wrong.
    The most obvious mistake is to go for mp8. Yeah. By the time you get your 5 valor stacks and kill your first elite pack I'll clear my farming route twice, killing over 30 elites with 5 valor.

Get 100+ mf on your gear + your followers gear and farm mp1 as fast as you can. Don't bother killing anything but elites. Don't bother picking up gold, gems, blue items and
    rare items below lvl62(except jewellery). Do not clear the whole location, when you find yourself in a dead end - port to town and go to another location. Use one of the popular gear farming routes with 18+ elites+goblins in average doable in under 15 minutes.

Some classes perform better than others. Warriors run at 60%+ speed in average, they can not be stopped by monster packs and monsters die passively around them while they run. Pretty much the same about Tempest Rush monk - constant 64% speed, kills monsters running through them. DH is even faster but kills less monsters passively thus lowing xp/hour and amount of legendaries from trash mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is one of those rare games where the game is actually fun but because of very poor design decisions it's got a tiny little lifespan.

My opinion? Let it go. If you play, play to relax and wait from the expansion because at this point that's about the only way that game is really coming off the shelf again (so to speak ).
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I gave up on this game a long time ago, even the Plevels wasnt enough for me to reinstall. The xpac, ya Ill probably get it and that will bring me back long enough to see the story.

Its not even the drop rates that annoy me, its the sheer uninteresting gear. Why cant we have gear with plus to skills again? Or crazy chance on hit or defense proc's? Thats what D3 is really missing, that random piece of OMFG this is awesome to MY play style. Instead we have BiS gear just like EVERY OTHER GAME....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Its not even the drop rates that annoy me, its the sheer uninteresting gear. Why cant we have gear with plus to skills again? Or crazy chance on hit or defense proc's? Thats what D3 is really missing, that random piece of OMFG this is awesome to MY play style. Instead we have BiS gear just like EVERY OTHER GAME....
    To be fair, there's a lot of the design that is uninteresting. Sure you can pick and choose your abilities, but they don't really make you feel different. Compared to the way you can build a character in TL2, it's pretty lame now that I think about it.

Your spec in TL2 can honestly make you feel like a different class. An engineer can focus on being a sword and board tanky class, a two handed fire and electricity spewing monster, or a blow the doors off cannon wielding fiend just based on how you spec.

Then that spec translates to you using and desiring different types of gear. That kind of depth isn't present in D3 at all.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be fair, there's a lot of the design that is uninteresting. Sure you can pick and choose your abilities, but they don't really make you feel different. Compared to the way you can build a character in TL2, it's pretty lame now that I think about it.

Your spec in TL2 can honestly make you feel like a different class. An engineer can focus on being a sword and board tanky class, a two handed fire and electricity spewing monster, or a blow the doors off cannon wielding fiend just based on how you spec.

Then that spec translates to you using and desiring different types of gear. That kind of depth isn't present in D3 at all.
    There is actually some build diversity in d3. You can build tank warrior, dualwielding warrior, 2hander warrior, ranged warrior, and all of such specs will use very specific gear(up to building the whole spec around one legendary) and the gameplay will significantly differ from spec to spec.
    The problem is that most of them are not viable and just very few of them are effective for farming.
    Just as in tl2 most of the specs are just not viable on elite difficulty.

While I really liked tl2 more than d3, and I prefer tl2/d2 talent system over d3 talent system, it was not about spec diversity.