Thread: Time to quit?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    PoE doesn't have a typical, complex lore, doesn't have atmoshpere, it has booring fighting and tbh the only "fun part" of the poe are those builds. Well, PoE is aimed at the hardcore niche, nothing to add. They will get bored with it. I am seeing more and more comments on the forum regarding "it's hard to sell anything". PoE is not for a typical player, who wants to relax and play, blizzard products are aimed at them, PoE is not. Blizzard products like D3 can be overplayed, and most of those who say "PoE" is better are typically hardcores who overplayed D3, get bored with it and found themself a possibility of playing +1k hours in PoE, so PoE is better for them.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-15 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    PoE doesn't have a typical, complex lore, doesn't have atmoshpere, it has booring fighting and tbh the only "fun part" of the poe are those builds. Well, PoE is aimed at the hardcore niche, nothing to add. They will get bored with it. I am seeing more and more comments on the forum regarding "it's hard to sell anything". PoE is not for a typical player, who wants to relax and play, blizzard products are aimed at them, PoE is not. Blizzard products like D3 can be overplayed, and most of those who say "PoE" is better are typically hardcores who overplayed D3, get bored with it and found themself a possibility of playing +1k hours in PoE, so PoE is better for them.
    You think D3 has complex lore and a engaging atmosphere? Twilight does better at story telling than D3 did...ya I said it...Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    You think D3 has complex lore and a engaging atmosphere? Twilight does better at story telling than D3 did...ya I said it...Twilight.
    Compared to any other ARPG? Yes, Diablo has the best lore. Diablo 3 has pretty poor writing (mostly due to the annoying boss quotes) but the story isn't that bad. Virtually every other ARPG out there has either zero story like Path of Exile or extreme bare-bones story like Torchlight. The Diablo series has a lot of lore behind it stemming from multiple games and a bunch of books. Hell, all you have to do really is just look at the wikis of various ARPG series and you can immediately tell the difference in lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Compared to any other ARPG? Yes, Diablo has the best lore. Diablo 3 has pretty poor writing (mostly due to the annoying boss quotes) but the story isn't that bad. Virtually every other ARPG out there has either zero story like Path of Exile or extreme bare-bones story like Torchlight. The Diablo series has a lot of lore behind it stemming from multiple games and a bunch of books. Hell, all you have to do really is just look at the wikis of various ARPG series and you can immediately tell the difference in lore.
    I specifically said D3, not the Diablo universe. Compared to what the Diablo Universe has to offer and the potential it brings, D3 fell short of a Tuesday morning cartoon show on some public access channel.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I specifically said D3, not the Diablo universe. Compared to what the Diablo Universe has to offer and the potential it brings, D3 fell short of a Tuesday morning cartoon show on some public access channel.
    Perhaps. But clearly story is not an issue since you're advertising PoE here. As I've said, the writing is poor but I think the story is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Took a long break, installed the game.. patched up , logged in and started playing.

Asked myself "what is this shit.." uninstalled and logged into POE.
    What's the point of working as free beta tester spoiling your future game experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    If you are only plvl 12 with 40-60 hrs of gameplay you are doing it wrong.
    or had put in more time into the game before paragon levels were even introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    What's the point of working as free beta tester spoiling your future game experience?
    No more character resets btw, the game is technically released better know as a soft release.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    No more character resets btw, the game is technically released better know as a soft release.
    I wouldn't even be perfecting the game if it had another char reset haha :P

Deleted
    I quit the game when I didn't even find one remotely usefull item (for anyone), in one and a half weeks of playing, and I played approx 10 hours a day..

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I quit the game when I didn't even find one remotely usefull item (for anyone), in one and a half weeks of playing, and I played approx 10 hours a day..
    It was actually the golden age of d3. Inferno difficulty was absolutely impossible for vast majority of the gamers. Blue items were as valuable as rare, 700dps blue weapon without additional stats was worth over 1million. People valued magic find and gold find. Hardcore was unbeatable. Elites were dangerous and any fight with them turned into 10-minute corpse-run. It was fun.
    Nowadays you'll see legendaries every run, you'll see amazing gear that was probably worth millions at start. But it all has no value. The game is too easy, you just faceroll through it in both softcore and softcore. 2 guaranteed yellow items from every elite, 500 magic find and hundreds of dps made item hunting ridiculously easy... and boring.
    Inferno difficulty became easier than Hell difficulty in d2 - what was the point of adding it? Why not to just make Hell harder (this goes to eleven!)? Going through 3 "filler" difficulties before actually starting to play on "real" one is damn annoying.

So yeah, the game was actually better when you did not see any decent drops.

Deleted
    It was actually the golden age of d3. Inferno difficulty was absolutely impossible for vast majority of the gamers. Blue items were as valuable as rare, 700dps blue weapon without additional stats was worth over 1million. People valued magic find and gold find. Hardcore was unbeatable. Elites were dangerous and any fight with them turned into 10-minute corpse-run. It was fun.
    Nowadays you'll see legendaries every run, you'll see amazing gear that was probably worth millions at start. But it all has no value. The game is too easy, you just faceroll through it in both softcore and softcore. 2 guaranteed yellow items from every elite, 500 magic find and hundreds of dps made item hunting ridiculously easy... and boring.
    Inferno difficulty became easier than Hell difficulty in d2 - what was the point of adding it? Why not to just make Hell harder (this goes to eleven!)? Going through 3 "filler" difficulties before actually starting to play on "real" one is damn annoying.

So yeah, the game was actually better when you did not see any decent drops.
    This was long after Inferno had become "easy".

This game isn't old enough for rose colored glasses. The 'golden age' you describe was nothing more than a chunk of players who exploited broken builds, botted, smashed vases for rares, and made even semi-decent gear absurdly expensive on the AH.

Everything about the game is better currently.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This game isn't old enough for rose colored glasses. The 'golden age' you describe was nothing more than a chunk of players who exploited broken builds, botted, smashed vases for rares, and made even semi-decent gear absurdly expensive on the AH.
    This "chunk of players" was 10 times more than amount of players that plays now. Bots? There were no bots, but there are thousands of them now.
    Some people smashed vases. "semi-decent" gear was "top" gear back them. Just like "semi-decent" gear begins with 1 billion on AH now.

There was challenge back than. We progressed through game and it was fun. Now there is nothing left in the game but brainless chinese-style farming(netting you around 0.2$/hour). How could game be better now?
    Back than we played with friends, discovered new interesting builds to buff each other. We kept monsters controlled in turns, synchronizing our CC on vent.
    What's now? "Nah, I'll better play solo, farming in party is 40% less efficient".

So what's better about the game now?

Deleted
    I also enjoyed the golden age

there are much better games than diablo 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quitted the game this week by selling all my stuff on RMAH and uninstalling the game.

Yeah there are much better games atm.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-02-20 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    This "chunk of players" was 10 times more than amount of players that plays now. Bots? There were no bots, but there are thousands of them now.
    Some people smashed vases. "semi-decent" gear was "top" gear back them. Just like "semi-decent" gear begins with 1 billion on AH now.

There was challenge back than. We progressed through game and it was fun. Now there is nothing left in the game but brainless chinese-style farming(netting you around 0.2$/hour). How could game be better now?
    Back than we played with friends, discovered new interesting builds to buff each other. We kept monsters controlled in turns, synchronizing our CC on vent.
    What's now? "Nah, I'll better play solo, farming in party is 40% less efficient".

So what's better about the game now?
    Looking at your comments in the different topics/threads I sense you either are a hater who just hates and hates for no reason or you are troll. I beat the game 4 days after I had bought it pre ANY inferno nerfs ,maybe it was hard for you but for me it was still not hard it had the illusion of being "hard" go to what ? mp4-5 now and shit is harder in every sense there was only thing is that the gear exsists to be able to do all the content now that was not out back then.

Maybe YOU do not realise that most ppl quit due to them not being able to fucking progress beyond farming A1 huddled into a corner and even close to decent gear cost an arm and a leg, and ofc there was a TON more players playing back then the game had just freaking come out. And as for playing in a group? wow playing in a group was vastly more punishing than it was now + % hp and + % damage I think you did not even play back then going beyond being a 2 man party was brutally punishing for anyone and required a lot better gear than to solo. The only thing I can see here is that you most likely played a DH and it was your only way to clear the game or farm without diying a billion times as all DHs were super glasscannons back then was to party up and ride on others shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    I beat the game 4 days after I had bought it pre ANY inferno nerfs ,maybe it was hard for you but for me it was still not hard it had the illusion of being "hard" go to what ?
    Sorry, but I can call you nothing but a liar.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-02-20 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry, but I can call you nothing but a liar.
    hahaha why the fuck would I lie ? you just want to hate for no good reason. http://imgur.com/edit there you go that was 4 days after I had bought the game and if you go and look at patch notes you will know inferno was not nerf by this time.

Edit: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z...8/hero/9614975 theres my characters and everything as well feel free to add me as well if you think I photoshoped anything note im on EU.
    Last edited by mmoc27711a7cd8; 2013-02-21 at 05:53 PM. Reason: for got something