Thread: Time to quit?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    inferno wasnt that difficult to do pre nerfs if you played the right class/build. DH and wiz had it real good for the first few days(/weeks?). noone remember the 5k hp/max dps energy armor wizard? how OP NT & SS were when the game came out?

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    inferno wasnt that difficult to do pre nerfs if you played the right class/build. DH and wiz had it real good for the first few days(/weeks?). noone remember the 5k hp/max dps energy armor wizard? how OP NT & SS were when the game came out?
    True, actually Inferno was very easy the first week. It actually got harder after the first couple patches when they nerfed the various build exploits. First few days you could EASILY beat Inferno with a Demon Hunter for instance. So from around 10 days in until a couple months in Inferno was pretty tough. It is very easy first week and it is very easy now as well.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong in quitting to try another game, this is not a subscription MMO or a competitive game where "you fall behind" you can come back at any time whenever you feel like it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    PoE doesn't have a typical, complex lore, doesn't have atmoshpere, it has booring fighting and tbh the only "fun part" of the poe are those builds. Well, PoE is aimed at the hardcore niche, nothing to add. They will get bored with it. I am seeing more and more comments on the forum regarding "it's hard to sell anything". PoE is not for a typical player, who wants to relax and play, blizzard products are aimed at them, PoE is not. Blizzard products like D3 can be overplayed, and most of those who say "PoE" is better are typically hardcores who overplayed D3, get bored with it and found themself a possibility of playing +1k hours in PoE, so PoE is better for them.
    Path of Exile has far more "atmosphere" than diablo 3 will ever have, yes the lore is better but your compared a series that has had 3 games to develop its lore and over a decade of time not to mention the various books on it. Like you said diablo 3 is aimed at people who wan't to "relax" and is far to simplified for a lot of people who loved diablo 2 Blizzard aimed for the mainstream audience with this game and people who wanted a more complex game got shafted. You don't have to be "hardcore" to like PoE more some people just don't like games that are dumbed down too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    What's the point of working as free beta tester spoiling your future game experience?
    I don't think you understand how free to play open betas work, most of them are basically ready for release when they go open beta just like LoL and Dota 2, have not noticed any issues outside of occasional lag or DC but thats the downside of playing online. The game has all it's content it will have at release in it as of open beta so there is no content to spoil.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    PoE doesn't have a typical, complex lore, doesn't have atmoshpere, it has booring fighting and tbh the only "fun part" of the poe are those builds. Well, PoE is aimed at the hardcore niche, nothing to add. They will get bored with it. I am seeing more and more comments on the forum regarding "it's hard to sell anything". PoE is not for a typical player, who wants to relax and play, blizzard products are aimed at them, PoE is not. Blizzard products like D3 can be overplayed, and most of those who say "PoE" is better are typically hardcores who overplayed D3, get bored with it and found themself a possibility of playing +1k hours in PoE, so PoE is better for them.
    Path of Exile has far more "atmosphere" than diablo 3 will ever have, yes the lore is better but your compared a series that has had 3 games to develop its lore and over a decade of time not to mention the various books on it. Like you said diablo 3 is aimed at people who wan't to "relax" and is far to simplified for a lot of people who loved diablo 2 Blizzard aimed for the mainstream audience with this game and people who wanted a more complex game got shafted. You don't have to be "hardcore" to prefer games that are not dumbed down for the call of duty audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I quit the game when I didn't even find one remotely usefull item (for anyone), in one and a half weeks of playing, and I played approx 10 hours a day..
    How the mighty have fallen.

You guys never played Diablo 2? We did Meph/Pindle/Chaos/Bhaal runs for 10-15 hours per day, months in a row, years in a row. You could run Meph in about 18 seconds and not find any Unique worth mentioning in an entire week. At 8h per day, with 30s per run for join/leave, that's 6720 runs per week, let's make that 6000. And you know what? We did not quit. We kept on playing because the outside chance of finding that perfect Stormshield is worth all the mindless hours you've put into it.

If you don't like the RNG loot grind, then D3 was never a game for you to begin with. This is a classic case of "I want X and I want it now!" tantrums. Suck it up and keep on playing or find something else that drops everything in your lap.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-23 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Path of Exile has far more "atmosphere" than diablo 3 will ever have, yes the lore is better but your compared a series that has had 3 games to develop its lore and over a decade of time not to mention the various books on it. Like you said diablo 3 is aimed at people who wan't to "relax" and is far to simplified for a lot of people who loved diablo 2 Blizzard aimed for the mainstream audience with this game and people who wanted a more complex game got shafted. You don't have to be "hardcore" to prefer games that are not dumbed down for the call of duty audience.
    Just compare the artistic and aesthetic level of both products, then we can talk about any atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    How the mighty have fallen.

You guys never played Diablo 2? We did Meph/Pindle/Chaos/Bhaal runs for 10-15 hours per day, months in a row, years in a row. You could run Meph in about 18 seconds and not find any Unique worth mentioning in an entire week. At 8h per day, with 30s per run for join/leave, that's 6720 runs per week, let's make that 6000. And you know what? We did not quit. We kept on playing because the outside chance of finding that perfect Stormshield is worth all the mindless hours you've put into it.

If you don't like the RNG loot grind, then D3 was never a game for you to begin with. This is a classic case of "I want X and I want it now!" tantrums. Suck it up and keep on playing or find something else that drops everything in your lap.
    This is true, but you forget about all the other crap you found and traded along the way that you don't get in D3. Runes, Skulls, socket-ed gear for MF sets, pieces to build your sets, PLUS skill points and ability points for those levels you reached while farming.

I'm going to lean towards you heard about how much we used to farm in D2 but you never actually did it. Otherwise you would not have compared the D2 farming experience to be even remotely close to D3 farming blunders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    Been farming now for 12 paragon levels (around 40-60 hours of gameplay) and not even one legendary or a decent rare!
    Your account is flagged for bad loot.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    i don't think this post is honest. Most people get at least a legendary an hour. To say you've gone 40 hours without one, even a brimstone one, I think you're not being completely truthful.
    I call BS. I would love to get a legendary every hour even if they are bad. I think since launch I have gotten less than a dozen.

For me d3 is not really the best example of casual exprience. LoL, WoW are good examples. You have clear goal to reach a you get paired with bunch of other people to get the social aspect into casual gaming. Solo farming few maps over and over is not something I consider casual experience anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 12:13 PM ----------

Goes for PoE as well though PoE has advantage in that its hc mode is casual friendly and lack of automatic ah helps encourage comunity interaction.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

d3 was pretty fun before paragon levels imo. the first few weeks of inferno was challenging but well worth the time and effort spent once you manage to up your gears. haven't touch the game in 5 months, how's it going now?

Quote Originally Posted by twp89 View Post
    d3 was pretty fun before paragon levels imo. the first few weeks of inferno was challenging but well worth the time and effort spent once you manage to up your gears. haven't touch the game in 5 months, how's it going now?
    There is no challenge in the game any more.
    Comparing to the first few weeks the inferno difficulty became easier than hell difficulty at the beginning of the game.

You can go and beat inferno on hardcore without doing any farming, buying upgrades for 10-50k gold. Softcore situation is even worse - there is like 100 times more gear on softcore AH.

They implemented the "new" monster power system(the same as old /playersX from d2) so basically you can make the game harder when you are bored from oneshoting things, but it does not feel neither mandatory nor rewarding. There is even no achievement "beat diablo on mp10".

Basically all the current gameplay is gear farming on low MP difficulties, while paragon levels are farmed passively. Or vice versa - you farm paragon levels using one of the experience farming routes and farm gold and gear passively. There is really nothing but clearing the same route with 15-20 elites(and no bosses) over and over again hundreds of times a week.

There is no challenge in the game any more.
    Comparing to the first few weeks the inferno difficulty became easier than hell difficulty at the beginning of the game.

You can go and beat inferno on hardcore without doing any farming, buying upgrades for 10-50k gold. Softcore situation is even worse - there is like 100 times more gear on softcore AH.

They implemented the "new" monster power system(the same as old /playersX from d2) so basically you can make the game harder when you are bored from oneshoting things, but it does not feel neither mandatory nor rewarding. There is even no achievement "beat diablo on mp10".

Basically all the current gameplay is gear farming on low MP difficulties, while paragon levels are farmed passively. Or vice versa - you farm paragon levels using one of the experience farming routes and farm gold and gear passively. There is really nothing but clearing the same route with 15-20 elites(and no bosses) over and over again hundreds of times a week.
    So finally now 99% of the normal players can enjoy Diablo 3 too. ')

The difficulty of Inferno before patch 1.03 was so ridiculous that 0.3% was pleased and 99.96 was frustrated.

So you did down Diablo Inferno with MP10 in hardore then ...?

If not: wrong argument.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-03-07 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So finally now 99% of the normal players can enjoy Diablo 3 too. ')
    I see it a little bit differently.

Blizzard: Here is our new your tetris3! As you know, tetris2 had 3 speeds and players complained about lack of difficulty on third speed. So in our new tetris3 there will be 4 speeds!
    Good players: Hooray! Finally a challenge!
    Bad players: But we can't play on speed#4!
    Blizzard: Yeah, but why would you play on speed#4, its was intended for players.
    Bad players: We want to play on speed#4! Nerf it!
    Blizzard: OK, we changes, now speed#4 speed is equal to speed#2, and on speeds #1,2,3 you are moving pieces down manually.
    Bad players: Hey, I beat the game on speed#4 and there is nothing left to do. This game sucks!
    Good players: /facepalm
    Fanboys: "Finally we got the game for everyone!"

The difficulty of Inferno before patch 1.03 was so ridiculous that 0.3% was pleased and 99.96 was frustrated.
    Yeah. Because inferno was not supposed to be beatable by everyone. That's the whole point of additional difficulty.
    It does not make sense to add difficuly #4 and make it easier than the difficulty #3.

And the difficulty was not ridiculous. The difficulty did not change much, really. It's about itemization that was failed from start.
    With the gear that you can buy now for 200k gold you would've beaten the pre-nerf inferno without any problems at all.

So you did down Diablo Inferno with MP10 in hardore then ...?
    No. Because hardcore is not for everyone. And I did not kill diablo naked. Neither did stupid "iron man challenges" in other games.
    Neither I killed diablo in softcore game on mp10. I can, but I don't see why. Its not a challenge. Its 30 minutes of wasted time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: Here is our new your tetris3! As you know, tetris2 had 3 speeds and players complained about lack of difficulty on third speed. So in our new tetris3 there will be 4 speeds!
    Blizzard: Yeah, but why would you play on speed#4, its was intended for players.
    Blizzard: OK, we changes, now speed#4 speed is equal to speed#2, and on speeds #1,2,3 you are moving pieces down manually.
    Bad players: Hey, I beat the game on speed#4 and there is nothing left to do. This game sucks!
    Not exactly. The problem was that people assumed that inferno wouldn't have the end-all gear and would be the only place to contain it. Nobody knew at the time that itemization would be terribly implemented, to the point that farming Hell difficulty is completely useless. This game has never been about "completing" the game, it's about gear farming and upgrading your character until your fingers fall off.

Yeah. Because inferno was not supposed to be beatable by everyone. That's the whole point of additional difficulty.
    It does not make sense to add difficuly #4 and make it easier than the difficulty #3.
    And now we have MP levels, that give you a great way to test your character's strength, and allow you to raise the bar at whatever speed you want. People just don't usually use it for that, and use it for other reasons (farming efficiency mainly).

And the difficulty was not ridiculous. The difficulty did not change much, really. It's about itemization that was failed from start.
    With the gear that you can buy now for 200k gold you would've beaten the pre-nerf inferno without any problems at all.
    Mp3-4 is the original difficulty. So, it's a fairly big change. And no, 200k to clear inferno is a grand exaggeration.

No. Because hardcore is not for everyone. And I did not kill diablo naked. Neither did stupid "iron man challenges" in other games.
    Neither I killed diablo in softcore game on mp10. I can, but I don't see why. Its not a challenge. Its 30 minutes of wasted time.
    It's personal goals. I personally see no point in those "naked" challenges (they do it WoW too, though with only white items, and one guild raided with only blue items). But, there was no reason for the original inferno to exist, pre-launch, the one that you mentioned above to just be a new challenge for top-tier players, other than for "personal challenge". It wasn't about gear. So, with inferno being the only place to earn that gear, MP did a good job of letting people set their own challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not exactly. The problem was that people assumed that inferno wouldn't have the end-all gear and would be the only place to contain it. Nobody knew at the time that itemization would be terribly implemented, to the point that farming Hell difficulty is completely useless. This game has never been about "completing" the game, it's about gear farming and upgrading your character until your fingers fall off.
    Absolutely, itemization was(and is) awful. But initial design was better. 95% of players farmed hell just the way you farm inferno now, 5% farmed inferno by wiping on every pack.
    Sadly the implementation was terrible and it was more efficient to farm a treasure chest or a treasure goblin on inferno than to do the proper farming on hell or wiping on inferno. Blizzard tried to fix "profitable spawns" and even implemented valor system, but failed as usual.

And now we have MP levels, that give you a great way to test your character's strength, and allow you to raise the bar at whatever speed you want. People just don't usually use it for that, and use it for other reasons (farming efficiency mainly).
    We have MP levels but no reason to use them. Players are not stupid. Farming higher MP should be more profitable than farming lower MP. Another obvious design failure.

Mp3-4 is the original difficulty. So, it's a fairly big change. And no, 200k to clear inferno is a grand exaggeration.
    Your memory is failing you. "mp3-4"? Try to find changelogs about "2x HP nerf". There was 20% HP nerf for elites, there was elites nerf in act1-2, but act3 (where you are spending most of your time) was basically unchanged. They removed some elite prefixes, enrage and monsters no longer heal to full when you wipe.
    Obviously it was harder, but it was not even close to mp3-mp4.

You might ask me why am I so sure about it? I have a set of my old gear in the bank. It was relatively "high-end" gear when game was just a 3-4 weeks old. I remember very well hours of wiping in act3 in this gear.
    And guess what? When I equip it and try to go to act3 I wipe there just as I wiped 9 month ago. And surprisingly things are actually dying as fast as they did 9 month ago.
    People just don't remember that 600dps blue weapon with no single additional stat on it was considered top end and was worth around a million gold (and a million was hell lot of money back then).

10+ Year Old Account
    Found it. Blizzard says around MP2-3 for pre-1.0.5 inferno http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...r-power-system

In a game where gear means everything and player skill means virtually nothing, Inferno Act2+ was just a retarded brick wall. The "good players" were just the ones who cheese farmed in the beginning with Tyrael or with broken builds. Just look how HC Inferno was beaten pre-1.03... farming Act2 goblins in a group 16 hours a day. Does that sound like a fun game? No, it sounds like a boring waste of time. I never understood why anyone pretends like D3 was better on release than it is now.

I beat Inferno a few weeks after release on a DH after SS was nerfed. It was a boring exercise in getting one-shot by anything that moved in Act3-4. A much less interesting game than it is now (which isn't saying much)

D3 has been dead since like a week after launch. It was fun to play through once, maybe twice, but after beating the game on the first two difficulties there wasn't even a point in continuing. There was never any skill involved, either you had good gear and one shot everything and steamrolled the game, or you had mediocre gear and got one shot by everything and had to just sit around farming.

Not sure why anyone would ever pick up Diablo at this point, it's essentially just a job you don't get paid for, why would anyone do that?

15+ Year Old Account
    200k nowadays gets you some awesome gear compared to items from launch, since the items in general got a massive buff in some patch. (forget which) Hell, for awhile my gearset cost me less than that. I bought my current 1250 dps, 5.1 ls, 171 cd 2h for 100k. Lots of decent resist-all armor go for 10-30k. Might need some patience to find them but its fairly common. You wont have 100+k dps but you only need about 20k to down diablo. Then again I play a barb so other classes might need more or less.