Thread: Time to quit?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    D3 has been dead since like a week after launch. It was fun to play through once, maybe twice, but after beating the game on the first two difficulties there wasn't even a point in continuing. There was never any skill involved, either you had good gear and one shot everything and steamrolled the game, or you had mediocre gear and got one shot by everything and had to just sit around farming.

Not sure why anyone would ever pick up Diablo at this point, it's essentially just a job you don't get paid for, why would anyone do that?
    And this is what Diablo3 also gave us with the 12 million copies sold; New players to the ARPG genre.... Welcome to Diablo.

I also agree it was a thrill to play Diablo3 early first month. Sadly the game was (We'll at that time I didnt know much about it) full off exploits and other bugs, witch kinda made it abit unfair early on. Now days the biggest problem with Diablo3 is defiantly its loot...Having played the game for about 500 hours, and not even had a drop that sold for more than like 10 million is quit sad. But then you can go flip items and earn tons of gold inn matter of days....silly.

I still enjoyed my Diablo inferno kill. I kinda didn't bother with it for long, until the big nerf patch (The patch that also made Krippiran move his ass on inferno).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Wish they dealt with bots and gold sellers more decisively. It's really depressing to see them run rampart, spam the channels, official forums and even impersonate GM's. I'm not usually into conspiracy theories and don't keep a tinfoil hat close by but it almost feels like they've made a deal with them after seeing the gold spam sometimes persisting for days before they do anything about on the official forum.

I enjoyed the game, still play it sometimes and would forgive them the bugs and even the DRM (as they at least seem to be working on fixing them) but the spammers and bots are just too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Wish they dealt with bots and gold sellers more decisively. It's really depressing to see them run rampart, spam the channels, official forums and even impersonate GM's. I'm not usually into conspiracy theories and don't keep a tinfoil hat close by but it almost feels like they've made a deal with them after seeing the gold spam sometimes persisting for days before they do anything about on the official forum.

I enjoyed the game, still play it sometimes and would forgive them the bugs and even the DRM (as they at least seem to be working on fixing them) but the spammers and bots are just too much.
    I've never really noticed bots and spammers, I just wish the economy wasn't so broken.

When blizzard enter arena in D3, who knows? =((

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    farming Act2 goblins in a group 16 hours a day. Does that sound like a fun game? No, it sounds like a boring waste of time. I never understood why anyone pretends like D3 was better on release than it is now.
    I never understood how some people can't realize that nothing changed in the gameplay itself.
    Farming goblin is boring? Now people farm white mobs in Crypt of the Ancients.

The only difference was that you had a GOAL in your farming. You farmed better gear to progress further.
    Now you don't have anything. You faceroll through everything in gear that your bought for 50k gold on AH. You don't need gear that you are farming.
    You spent 20 hours farming goblin 9 month ago? You got a gear upgrade and killed Belial. And in the future Ghom, Azmodan and Diablo are waiting for you.
    You spent 20 hours farming CoA now? You won't even get a minor gear upgrade from it. What's in your future? Yeah, that's right, MORE CoA farming!

The right way to go was to make hell difficulty drops better, to let people run Alkaizer-like route on hell difficulty to farm gear, fix all the treasure chest spawns and goblins on inferno.
    You farmed enough gear on hell --> your switched to farming act1 inferno --> farmed enough gear -->switched to act2 inferno --> etc..

What did we get instead? Major nerfs of the inferno and major gear drops increase so you was able to jump to act3 inferno right away. And what did you do in act3 inferno? Right, you farmed again, just like you did before nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think many people in this thread need to try out Hardcore if they wish to have some fun in the game. Preferably with a couple of friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I think many people in this thread need to try out Hardcore if they wish to have some fun in the game. Preferably with a couple of friends.
    ^ I am currently playing Hardcore. 38 Wizard, it makes the game 10x more fun. I am playing alone atm though.

Deleted
    Maybe the expansion in the future will turn things around for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    ^ I am currently playing Hardcore. 38 Wizard, it makes the game 10x more fun. I am playing alone atm though.
    Hey you, you're joining the PvM gang. No buts. We're playing Hardcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I never understood how some people can't realize that nothing changed in the gameplay itself.
    Farming goblin is boring? Now people farm white mobs in Crypt of the Ancients.
    You must be joking. Paragon levels, Monster power, for a start? Removal of enrage timers on champs, possibly the worst thing in any Diablo game to date. The changes to loot drops and inferno nerfs which I came with 1.03. New, more interesting legendaries and sets in 1.04. Further changes to loot drops in 1.04. Class balance. The Infernal Machine or whatever it's called. Or is that not gameplay to you?

The only difference was that you had a GOAL in your farming. You farmed better gear to progress further.
    Now you don't have anything. You faceroll through everything in gear that your bought for 50k gold on AH. You don't need gear that you are farming.
    You spent 20 hours farming goblin 9 month ago? You got a gear upgrade and killed Belial.
    Who in their right mind would think farming a goblin for 20 hours is fun? Or did you miss the point of my post? A game where you have to do mind numbingly repetitive/boring shit with ZERO challenge, is not a good game. Period.

You spent 20 hours farming CoA now? You won't even get a minor gear upgrade from it. What's in your future? Yeah, that's right, MORE CoA farming!
    Firstly, who the hell farms CoA? Was there some patch I missed where CoA farming became viable again after the first month or two of the game? I don't think D3 is a good game. I'm simply saying it's a better game than it was on release. Lots of people beat Diablo in the first few weeks since release, what you're arguing is that the game was over for those people as soon as they killed Diablo. The game hasn't changed in that sense, it's just not so retarded that you have to farm goblins or cheese with Tyrael to progress.

The right way to go was to make hell difficulty drops better, to let people run Alkaizer-like route on hell difficulty to farm gear, fix all the treasure chest spawns and goblins on inferno.
    You farmed enough gear on hell --> your switched to farming act1 inferno --> farmed enough gear -->switched to act2 inferno --> etc..

What did we get instead? Major nerfs of the inferno and major gear drops increase so you was able to jump to act3 inferno right away. And what did you do in act3 inferno? Right, you farmed again, just like you did before nerfs.
    Actually, they increased the ilvl loot from Hell Act4->Inferno act 3, which is exactly what you are suggesting here. Inferno received a mild nerf at the same time, with 1.03, but some bosses got buffed at the same time (like Ghom, who was piss easy before that). I think it was 1.04 that came with MP, if you want to play with the same "challenge", play on MP2/3.

I don't think the loot system is anywhere near perfect either. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm just saying the game is better now than it was on release, I don't really see how anyone who played on release can disagree with that.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2013-03-22 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    You must be joking. Paragon levels, Monster power, for a start?
    Extended experience bar and /players 8.
    It was in d2. Consider it a bugfix because the only one who was stupid enough not to see that endless leveling is essential for games like d3 was blizzard.

Removal of enrage timers on champs, possibly the worst thing in any Diablo game to date. The changes to loot drops and inferno nerfs which I came with 1.03. New, more interesting legendaries and sets in 1.04. Further changes to loot drops in 1.04. Class balance. The Infernal Machine or whatever it's called. Or is that not gameplay to you?
    Is inferno nerfs a "gameplay" for me? No, its not.

More loot? You have to be blind to not understand that there is no such thing as "more loot" in the game like diablo.
    Loot quantity and quality is relative. You are comparing your gear to other players.
    Increase all the stats on gear that drops to 10x of the current and NOTHING will change.

"more loot" "better loot quality" - is just another ways of nerfing the content.
    At any given point of the game, there are players in good gear, who invest a lot of time (or money) in the game, and there are poor people in bad gear. Regardless of the numbers on gear.

Who in their right mind would think farming a goblin for 20 hours is fun? Or did you miss the point of my post? A game where you have to do mind numbingly repetitive/boring shit with ZERO challenge, is not a good game. Period.
    There are people in the world who like to be good at things. They always choose the most efficient way to achieve their goal.
    I have no doubt that there are people running in crazy builds killing one white pack per minute and farming act4 from start to end because its fun.
    But you can't blame dedicated people for achieving goals faster than other people and that they use cookie cutter builds and farm things that give them most profit. And the more you play the game the more "elitist" you become, in means that you prefer to get your epics faster, not slower. So you choose to use the best build and you choose to use the best farming spot.

Firstly, who the hell farms CoA?
    Everyone who likes to get loot fast. Mp10 CoA white trash(skipping the elite) gives you 5-6 legendaries/hour. Comparing to 1-2 from usual act3 elite run.
    And what's the difference between CoA farming and Alkaizer run? Hundreds of Alkaizer runs is a sort of a good and challenging gameplay?

I think it was 1.04 that came with MP, if you want to play with the same "challenge", play on MP2/3.
    The problem is that players are not stupid. They like challenge but they won't do challenge for challenge without a proper carrot on stick. If the game feels unrewarding no one would play it.
    We want challenge and we want a reward for doing things the hard way.
    Your advice is similar to "Want a challenge? Play naked!". Neither smart nor fun.
    I play mp3, but not because its challenging. I play it because its the most efficient mp for me to farm in means of xp/hour and elites/hour. Not because its fun in any way.
    I wish I could play on mp10 and get better rewarded than farming on mp3, but its not the case.

Deleted
    Extended experience bar and /players 8.
    It was in d2. Consider it a bugfix because the only one who was stupid enough not to see that endless leveling is essential for games like d3 was blizzard.

Is inferno nerfs a "gameplay" for me? No, its not.

More loot? You have to be blind to not understand that there is no such thing as "more loot" in the game like diablo.
    Loot quantity and quality is relative. You are comparing your gear to other players.
    Increase all the stats on gear that drops to 10x of the current and NOTHING will change.

"more loot" "better loot quality" - is just another ways of nerfing the content.
    At any given point of the game, there are players in good gear, who invest a lot of time (or money) in the game, and there are poor people in bad gear. Regardless of the numbers on gear.

There are people in the world who like to be good at things. They always choose the most efficient way to achieve their goal.
    I have no doubt that there are people running in crazy builds killing one white pack per minute and farming act4 from start to end because its fun.
    But you can't blame dedicated people for achieving goals faster than other people and that they use cookie cutter builds and farm things that give them most profit. And the more you play the game the more "elitist" you become, in means that you prefer to get your epics faster, not slower. So you choose to use the best build and you choose to use the best farming spot.

Everyone who likes to get loot fast. Mp10 CoA white trash(skipping the elite) gives you 5-6 legendaries/hour. Comparing to 1-2 from usual act3 elite run.
    And what's the difference between CoA farming and Alkaizer run? Hundreds of Alkaizer runs is a sort of a good and challenging gameplay?

The problem is that players are not stupid. They like challenge but they won't do challenge for challenge without a proper carrot on stick. If the game feels unrewarding no one would play it.
    We want challenge and we want a reward for doing things the hard way.
    Your advice is similar to "Want a challenge? Play naked!". Neither smart nor fun.
    I play mp3, but not because its challenging. I play it because its the most efficient mp for me to farm in means of xp/hour and elites/hour. Not because its fun in any way.
    I wish I could play on mp10 and get better rewarded than farming on mp3, but its not the case.
    Oh boy you are such a hater of D3 cant you just stop playing it then if its so bad? for you was running Baal over and over and over and over the shit for you in D2 ? because that was what a lot of ppl in the game did for loot nothing has changed I do not see how you can hate on the current farming routes. I personally hate lvling in any sense or form and only feel that once I have gotten max lvl I am ready to start playing for reals(97P atm ^^).

I dont think you have ever properly farmed MP10 either especially for exp, I am just gone assume that you have tired this yet on top of that did you know on MP10 mobs have a 100% chance of droping bonus loot? how much more reward do you need? 110% legendry drop rates on mp10? And yes before you spout any nonsense here Mp10 can be run efficiently with good enough gear, due to the extra bonus drop on Mp10 if you can farm it fast enough the odds of getting a legendry on MP10 is ALOT higher than on any other mp lvl.

Also wow YOU need a carrot on a stick to go into higher MP lvls ? especially for someone here who thought of the "old" inferno was the golden age well its still there just get on mp10 were stuff have a chance to kill you were it actually takes time to "kill" stuff vs mp1, should that not be enough of a carrot on a stick for someone like you? that + the other bonuses I mentioned. Pretty much the "old" inferno was not about efficiency it was about being able to even kill stuff for 99% of the players. Now that Mp10 is by far the best way to lvl and as mentioned gives you the best odds for getting that there star on your map, why would you not want to be there doing it ?