Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solutions for PvP and Flying Mounts

Okay, anyone who has read the forums in the past few days knows the community has two major issues: 1) When we try to gank low-level players, they fly away, and 2) When we queue for arena or RBG, we die horribly and repeatedly, leaving us only the slow accumulation of conquest points from wins in random BGs, which we still lose most of the time.

To fix these problems and make the game feel as epic as it did in Vanilla, I propose the following changes:

1. Flying mounts are disabled. If you are level 90 and you kill five players below level 60 in either Stranglethorn Vale or Blasted Lands, you get a buff that allows flying for one hour, only in low level zones.

2. If your faction has at least five level 90 players and more level 90 players than the opposing faction in any low level zone, that faction gains control of the zone, allowing access to flying mounts and a 25% buff to health and damage.

3. Killing players from level 80-90 will continue to reward honor. However, killing players below level 80 will now award conquest points for max-level players. This makes sense, because defeating an equal-level opponent is an honorable kill, but when I one-shot a lowbie, that dude got CONQUERED!

Also this incentive will keep the low level zones populated with level 90 players, so they won't feel empty.

4. Instead of getting a higher conquest cap at higher ratings, players below 1500 should have the maximum conquest cap, and higher rated characters should get fewer points per week as a kind of handicapping mechanism.

Also, if I don't play during some weeks, I should get my conquest points anyway.

5. I should get conquest points for losing. EDIT: Oh, they're already doing this? Sweet!

6. Players below level 60 should sometimes drop epic PvP gear when I kill them. That makes this gear more accessible to players like me who aren't no-lifes that play RBG and Arena 24/7.

7. We really need to do something about bots in Battlegrounds, because they're just running around gibbing people, and there's really nothing I can do about them. When I join a BG and see that the other team has six bots, I just leave.

8. The health and damage of all mobs in Pandaria needs to be reduced by 50% because they are totes too hard.

How am I supposed to finish my dailies when each mob has 400k health, and I only do 15k damage per second? It takes me 30 seconds to kill each mob, and then I have to drink afterwards, and if I aggro more than one at a time, I die. This really needs to be looked at; right now, obtaining reputation is nearly impossible.

9. I should be able to run as quickly backwards as I can forwards.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

I'll repeat what I said before: There is no need for a solution because there is no problem. Stop creating a artificial problem when it's not real.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Dont remove flying mounts, just remove PVP, flying mounts arent the problem PVP is. It's ruining my PVE. I kid, well sort of. Tired of being nerfed in a PVE sense because of some issue in regards to PVP.

Flying is needed in low levle zones when doing archaeology in kalimdor and eastern kingdoms. Why take a flight point from EPL to Hinterlands when I can just fly over the mountain. Infact taking the flight point would actually be longer, since it would more than likely take me to a town not even remotely close to the dig site I want to get to.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I thought you were serious for a moment. Than I read the last couple, made me giggle :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha dayum I almost fell into this but It's going to piss a lot of people off if they don't get it :P It's another ''crawford'' masterpiece people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts are fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Flying mounts are fine
    You really should read his entire post It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You really should read his entire post It's amazing.
    So is this the time of night where people make pointless shit threads and people praise them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    So is this the time of night where people make pointless shit threads and people praise them?
    Well It's a crawford thread, The guy has been making funny threads for awhile now well imo they're funny.

Well It's a crawford thread, The guy has been making funny threads for awhile now well imo they're funny.
    They're not funny. They are terrible. He uses current hot topics and tries to bring something funny out of them, fails to do so and makes a complete joke out of himself and his threads.

Almost got me, here I was about to go on a massive rant. Well done good sir.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Hahahaha dayum I almost fell into this but It's going to piss a lot of people off if they don't get it :P It's another ''crawford'' masterpiece people.
    I'm fairly certain those two words will never go together, sort of like Jaylock and insightful.

Infracted. Please post constructively and not just to insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-21 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm fairly certain those two words will never go together, sort of like Jaylock and insightful.
    He gives me some entertainment at least rather then just make me angry haha

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    They're not funny. They are terrible. He uses current hot topics and tries to bring something funny out of them, fails to do so and makes a complete joke out of himself and his threads.
    Why don't you come on my server and say that after Blizz disables flying mounts and gives me free T2, in the Landfall zone, when my faction has the tower buff.

Then, we'll see who is a joke.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Deleted
    How would it feel if we pvp players could enter dungeon/raid instances and gank you all? Because you forced the pve into our pvp servers, now we gonna force pvp into you.

"WHINE WHINE WHINE"

PvP players: Live with it.

Well i heard you have to do bgs to get legendaries, live with it.

Trollolol
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-21 at 08:29 AM.

OP dogs on "BG and Arena players as 'no lifes that play 24/7'. OP spends all day ganking lowbies (or trying to gank lowbies, apparently, considering the whining he did about low levels escaping his feeble wrath) and thinks that he should be rewarded handsomely for it. Irony; she is a funny bitch, non?

If this was an attempt to troll, you sir fail hard.

I cant fathom why people think this is even funny? And yes I read it all, the first two lines gave it away btw. I was hoping you would build it up and have a funny line in there, but nope.

Try harder next time, and make it alitle bit less obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Some people posting here are really sad fucking freaks lol

Infracted. Please post constructively and not just to flame others.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-21 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Well .. was fun to read but wowcrendor do it better sorry man .

Inb4 closed for trolling .