Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    127

    Looking for breakfast ideas

    Hey guys, I'm really looking at improving my diet (I don't eat a lot of junk but think my diet could be better). Starting with breakfast! I'm a 24yo female, about 160cm tall, probably 55-60kg.

    Currently every morning I eat 2 pieces of whole grain toast with peanut butter. I would really like to add more fruit to my diet but I'm pretty fussy (only really like berries, don't mind cooked apple, just not raw). So fruit has been pretty non-existent.

    So I'm looking for ideas of how I could change my breakfasts to be a bit better!

  2. #2
    1) Eggs
    2) Bacon
    3) Cheese
    4) Fruit

    You're a chick and you probably don't want to gain weight, so just pick one out of the first three and combine it with the fruit. You can replace the fruit with wheat toast or a wheat bagel if you want but fruit is better for you.

  3. #3
    Oatmeal and fruit.

    Scrambled Eggs and fruit.

    Cottage Cheese and fruit.

  4. #4
    Porridge (oatmeal) with berries is awesome, slow release energy, warm & should keep you "full" until lunch - personally I prefer it without the berries but for some people it makes it easier to eat.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Porridge (oatmeal) with berries is awesome, slow release energy, warm & should keep you "full" until lunch - personally I prefer it without the berries but for some people it makes it easier to eat.
    I really wish the myth about oatmeal keeping you full was true.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,379
    It's hard to advise you on your breakfast without knowing what you eat throughout the day to make for a balanced diet.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,796

    +

    +
    Random Fruit/nuts you like, you can pretty mix anything with this.
    Last edited by Yilar; 2013-01-22 at 11:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Breakfast is coffee. That is all.

  9. #9
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,918
    We have fruit salad quite often, just buy whatever fruits/berries you like and cut it up in small pieces, serve with a yoghurt(we got a vanilla flavoured one), sprinkle some cinnamon on top for added flavour. Fresh and tasty. Takes 5 mins to throw together. You can add some nuts/honey/whatever to it as well if you like that.

    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-23 at 04:07 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  10. #10
    Oatmeal is good, but make sure you're getting something higher in fiber, or add high in fiber fruits to it. Fiber is what gives you that full feeling. Additionally, adding some protein isn't a bad idea either. Additionally, yogurt+skim milk+ice+fruit= a badass breakfast smoothie (need a blender). Especially if you're picky about fruits, since you can mask textures or flavors with other ingredients.

    You may also want to get some professional advice on the subject. In a lot of my personal research on better eating, many people who are conscious about what they eat tend to eat too few calories. You need to make sure you get the right blend of good foods, along with enough fuel for your body (calories) to ensure a healthy weight.

  11. #11
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Slovenia, LJ
    Posts
    72
    What I usually eat is wholegrain cereal and low % fat milk, topped with a fresh apple Unfortunetly you don't seem to like apples so I guess you could change apples to berries. As far as oatmeal goes, it's a great addition to your breakfast if you're on a diet, however for my taste oatmeal was just not that good, felt too much like eating wood with milk, just not that tasty or enjoyable... But everyone has it's own taste, so perhaps you'll like them.
    "Shhh this will only hurt for a moment."

  12. #12
    Hi all
    Healthy breakfast is much better for health.Milk,juices,fresh fruits,nuts,dry food these are healthy food.There are many vitamins in a fruit and vegetables.

  13. #13
    Fruit isn't nearly as good for you as people would want you to believe - the vitamins are neat and all but besides that fruit is pure sugar, and thus isn't really worth much except in moderation, and definitely isn't a great breakfast item. Stick with proteins and fats; bacon and eggs with some vegetables thrown in there. I like scrambling eggs up with spinach, artichoke hearts, peppers etc.

    To the poster claiming "juices and dry foods" are healthy... lol. Just hilarious.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Fruit isn't nearly as good for you as people would want you to believe - the vitamins are neat and all but besides that fruit is pure sugar, and thus isn't really worth much except in moderation, and definitely isn't a great breakfast item. Stick with proteins and fats; bacon and eggs with some vegetables thrown in there. I like scrambling eggs up with spinach, artichoke hearts, peppers etc.

    To the poster claiming "juices and dry foods" are healthy... lol. Just hilarious.
    Fruits are just pure sugar but the sugar from fruits are better than any other carbs you can get. Not only do they have vitamins but they're absorbed slowly. Look up the glycemic index for individual fruits if you would like to see how fast they absorb into your bloodstream (lower glycemic index equals slower absorption time). Last I looked the glycemic index of strawberries is 1/3 that of the carbs from milk, which is already a pretty slow-absorbing carbohydrate.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Fruits are just pure sugar but the sugar from fruits are better than any other carbs you can get. Not only do they have vitamins but they're absorbed slowly. Look up the glycemic index for individual fruits if you would like to see how fast they absorb into your bloodstream (lower glycemic index equals slower absorption time). Last I looked the glycemic index of strawberries is 1/3 that of the carbs from milk, which is already a pretty slow-absorbing carbohydrate.
    While some fruits are much better than others (like strawberries, apples, most berries really), and definitely much better than your typical sugar/flour nonsense breakfast item, that doesn't make them the ideal breakfast food. It's still just fructose (though, again, far less than processed junk).

    And I'd say that the carbs you get from vegetables generally are much superior to fruits.

    Regardless, eat an omelette or something with some vegetables.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    While some fruits are much better than others (like strawberries, apples, most berries really), and definitely much better than your typical sugar/flour nonsense breakfast item, that doesn't make them the ideal breakfast food. It's still just fructose (though, again, far less than processed junk).

    And I'd say that the carbs you get from vegetables generally are much superior to fruits.

    Regardless, eat an omelette or something with some vegetables.
    Vegetables have almost no calories. An entire bag of frozen broccoli (4 servings) has only 80-100 calories. You need to eat vegetables but you can get most of your daily carbs from fruit.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Vegetables have almost no calories. An entire bag of frozen broccoli (4 servings) has only 80-100 calories. You need to eat vegetables but you can get most of your daily carbs from fruit.
    Well that's quite the point, getting the 80 (more like 200) calories of vegetables and forgoing the fruit since it isn't at all necessary.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Well that's quite the point, getting the 80 (more like 200) calories of vegetables and forgoing the fruit since it isn't at all necessary.
    If you're on a low-carb diet, sure. Most people aren't though, and I'm assuming the OP who eats 2 pieces of toast every day isn't either.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cuthroat Alley, Stormwind
    Posts
    743
    Bagel + cream cheese. Mmmm
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    If you're on a low-carb diet, sure. Most people aren't though, and I'm assuming the OP who eats 2 pieces of toast every day isn't either.
    What constitutes a low carb diet? I get an easy 100-150g a day without any fruits, dairy, flour, sugar, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •