View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

    346 40.33%
  • I hate it

    339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

    173 20.16%
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I don't have time to read 19 pages. I scanned the first few pages (5+) of your post history and found nothing.

    Also, this was partially a response to the person pandering to you, that despite his post that you've given "some of the best arguments for CRZ," I found no such arguments.




    Again, not one reason why CRZ is actually a good thing. You constantly bitch that CRZ "isn't that bad" and people need to "shut up and deal with it" but you have given no reason why it should have to be dealt with, and no reason why it's positive at all, other than giving you a superiority complex.
    I even proposed this to him, he never did give any reply to it other than I should shut up and play a single player game:

    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    I listed the pros and cons. Give me some more pros if you have them. I want to see what these benefits are, and if they really outweigh all the bugs, including the ones Blizzard has admitted themselves, that they are unable to ever fix.
    If it's that hard to give more than 1 pro vs all my list of cons on page 2, then clearly it is a bad system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Bad sides of CRZ:
    - Rare mobs are killed the second they spawn by 10+ people camping that place.
    - Group quests are gone, there is no reason to group with other players. Quests to collect stuff are better off doing alone. So more players means slower questing for everyone.
    - Its not possible to trade with other players. CRZ does not improve economies of low populated realms, while increasing competition for resources.

    Good sides of CRZ:
    - World looks less empty.
    - People who like to duel outside of capital cities now have more players to play with.
    - World PvP on PvP realms is back.
    - There is actual competition during STV fishing competition, so its no longer about RNG. Players who suck at it no longer ask their friends to block fishing schools for others because there are too many people competing.

    So I'm indifferent. There are downsides and upsides to this. I hope CRZ will improve over time.
    Well finally someone that is able to give some more up sides to the CRZ mess. So I will give you props for that. But the first 3 are basically the same, it puts more people into each zone. And sadly though the fishing competition went through a forced redesign to work around CRZ. Which is rather confusing. If a feature is released that bugs out so many things, wouldn't it of been better to bring the thing causing the bugs down and fixed it, rather than do away with events that were working and bring back only one to work around the buggy feature?

    I still think giving people an opt out option, would make both sides happy. The pro-CRZ keep their CRZ, and can continue using it. Those who have issues with it and prefer their own home server to play on, can do so and not have to deal with the bugs. It's clear in the poll in this thread, that it's a fairly even split between the groups. So there will still be plenty of people CRZing. At worse, half the people forced into CRZ would opt out. There is still a sizable chunk of people though in CRZ. And with CRZ when it detects x amount of people are CRZ'ed into a zone, it will create a second CRZ copy and pour the rest into it (If I did my homework right on CRZ). At worse, if half the people in the first copy opt out, then the second copy get put into the first and you'd still have your full world.

  2. #402
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    World looks less empty.
    It looks less empty, but again, the downside is that you can't invite them to guild, to keep in touch you have to add them as battletag instead of a regular player friend (which some people may prefer not to do), and the world is also buggier (more dismounting bugs), which means even if you do choose to group with people you suffer zoning lag and dismounting bugs in that regard. I'd say this is a high price to make the world "look" less empty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    People who like to duel outside of capital cities now have more players to play with.
    Rofl, so SW/Orgrimmar duelers get a "positive" - or so it seems. Then when you want to arena with them, oh, you can't. Again an artificial solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    World PvP on PvP realms is back.
    I've incited world PvP once, so yes it's possible to incite world PvP (I did it by griefing and camping a leveling multiboxer repeatedly). That said, I also did world PvP (and incited some) before CRZ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    There is actual competition during STV fishing competition, so its no longer about RNG. Players who suck at it no longer ask their friends to block fishing schools for others because there are too many people competing.
    On the contrary, the artificially increased competition means that there is less strategy (using friends, being quick with porting, etc.) and more about RNG.



    All of the benefits are artificially there with CRZ, but would actually be put into place with server mergers. Worlds would be more full instead of seeming more full. Dueling would have more of a point since there's a bigger pool of arena/RBG players you can find via dueling. Since the players can form guilds, there will be more strategy on fishing tournaments, instead of more RNG which will dominate with unorganized cross-realm players. And you'll actually be able to world PvP since you'll have guilds to back you up on 1v1's - leading to group versus group battles - instead of having "world PvP" consist solely of cross-realm ganking.

  3. #403
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    993
    I am currently leveling an Undead Warlock and while I have found a lot of people feom other servers, I didn't run onto any problems during my questing experience. I have even joined up with some people and leveled with them, having a good time and makimg new friends. I really don't see any issues with CRZ.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

  4. #404
    Brewmaster slackjawsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tell me! where am i!
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    That is, to say, that your only beef is the place where World PvP happens the most? Hmmm...
    yeah unlike everywhere else it is somewhat possible to quest but ppl that destroy thrallmar over and over just destroy that content for lvlers
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

  5. #405
    As someone who actually enjoys levelling, I've found it more fun than I ever have. Sure it's slow every now and again, but the world is alive, something that it hasen't for a while.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  6. #406
    I levelled a monk to 85 recently, just so I could level tailoring and use the imperial silk cds.
    Can only remember one place where I had to wait for mob respawns, in Westfall killing the damn Murlocs, rest was all fine. Must have been ganked some 5-6 times by higher levels too, that really is nothing, I certainly don't comprehend the complaints about this. I mean, I see tons of other people, we group for quests, we meet groups of hordies our level, kill each other, move on when we're bored, it's amazing, it's like levelling back in vanilla again in terms of immersion, except you do it faster.

    I personally love CRZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  7. #407
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    978
    And this problem is one of the biggies ....just logged onto my Horde Hunter that I am leveling up for Achive of Double Agent......fishing daily of Org is to go outside of Org and get that horn off dead critter in the pond and use it to get 3 fish....welp....I fly out of Org go to the zone and get this right now ...."Transfer Aborted-cross realm zone is down"....so I have to wait and wait for the realm I am suppose to cross into to come up....its bull crap.....CRZ is screwing up my game play and time....

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I am currently leveling an Undead Warlock and while I have found a lot of people feom other servers, I didn't run onto any problems during my questing experience. I have even joined up with some people and leveled with them, having a good time and makimg new friends. I really don't see any issues with CRZ.
    But you've only listed one reason CRZ is good. There are at least 4 reasons it is bad.
    4 > 1.
    Clearly it's because you don't spend all your time reporting people or being a taxi service in two-person mounts. If you were engaging in these normal activities, you would understand just how broken CRZ is.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    [...]

    All of the benefits are artificially there with CRZ, but would actually be put into place with server mergers. Worlds would be more full instead of seeming more full. Dueling would have more of a point since there's a bigger pool of arena/RBG players you can find via dueling. Since the players can form guilds, there will be more strategy on fishing tournaments, instead of more RNG which will dominate with unorganized cross-realm players. And you'll actually be able to world PvP since you'll have guilds to back you up on 1v1's - leading to group versus group battles - instead of having "world PvP" consist solely of cross-realm ganking.
    That's a very good point. However, server merges also have their downsides. People lose their nicknames. Realm economies change overnight. Rivalry between former realms. Faction balance changed overnight. Some people prefer to play low pop.

    All the above are short-term problems. Barring the bold ones which I will address soon. Not only are they short-term, they will automatically be solved over time. Blizzard wouldn't have to do anything about them.

    Now for the bold ones. We should just accept some players prefer to play on low-pop, some on medium-pop, and some on high-pop. Faction balance, I don't know how to solve. Every game with factions has this problem.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 07:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Some of my greatest moments in WoW have come as a result of retaliatory battles in Hellfire Peninsula after Thrallmar gets raided.
    Wanna know why? Because 99% of the time world PvP is boring as fuck and unfair as fuck. The one time it is epic is because it was challenging and competitive which adds immersion because of the sheer compare to when it was a done fight before it even started.

    I am willing to bet 10v10 and 15v15 Halaa fights are just as epic as those "greatest moments" you cite.

    (Granted, I play on one of if not the best World PvP server ANYWHERE (Kil'jaeden-US)
    During world PvP you're playing on CRZ, not on Kil'jaeden-US. C'est passé.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  10. #410
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,574
    Seems fine to me, it's quite nice to see zones populated again.


  11. #411
    Psilo the point is those are all fair fights, and the people who complain about world PvP are complaining because the fight wasn't fair (ie. they got ganked by a bully). Anyway, also this thread has been devoid of the PvP argument and its been discussed elsewhere.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I don't have time to read 19 pages. I scanned the first few pages (5+) of your post history and found nothing.

    Also, this was partially a response to the person pandering to you, that despite his post that you've given "some of the best arguments for CRZ," I found no such arguments.




    Again, not one reason why CRZ is actually a good thing. You constantly bitch that CRZ "isn't that bad" and people need to "shut up and deal with it" but you have given no reason why it should have to be dealt with, and no reason why it's positive at all, other than giving you a superiority complex.
    When you literally just snip a part of a post, sure your complaints about me seem valid. But they are really just lies.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    But you've only listed one reason CRZ is good. There are at least 4 reasons it is bad.
    4 > 1.
    Clearly it's because you don't spend all your time reporting people or being a taxi service in two-person mounts. If you were engaging in these normal activities, you would understand just how broken CRZ is.
    Being a taxi slave/reporting people is a normal part of WoW? No wonder you guys are miserable.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  13. #413
    I'd say the biggest problem with CRZ is it is a half-way solution. Like a lot of half-way solutions, it's worse than doing nothing or going all the way.

    CRZ is being used backwards. What they should have done is merge all the servers in a region of the same type (PvP/PvE/RP) into a single super server, with your server as a "last name" for mail/duplicate names. Then use CRZ to spread out players when a place gets too crowded, rather than pack players in when too dispersed. Then you don't have a single large community and economy, and can use a normal friends list instead of BnNet stuff. No more servers robbing each other, no more "What do I care? I'll never see them again." (Well, no more than normal for a community).

    Dunno if that would solve the 2-seater mount problems. That is a real annoying one.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Psilo the point is those are all fair fights, and the people who complain about world PvP are complaining because the fight wasn't fair (ie. they got ganked by a bully). Anyway, also this thread has been devoid of the PvP argument and its been discussed elsewhere.
    Ganking is not bullying, that is ridiculous. Also, Halaa didn't have a 10v10 option. It was most certainly unbalanced for either faction most of the time.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:05 PM ----------

    You guys also need to understand that bugs aren't "cons." They are in fact working on the bugs. Its not a real reason against CRZ's. Like someone else mentioned, the LFD system had plenty of bugs when it was implemented. Should Blizzard have then just scrapped that whole idea? They will fix the bugs, and iron out the problems.

    Wanting to play on a low population server is fine, but this is not the way Blizzard has intended the game to go. I doubt any type of solution or fix will allow this.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  15. #415
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,990
    I dislike it to the fullest extent. I choose my realm because of the small number of Alliance, now they are swarming. 9/10 Alliance I see are not from the server I chose to play on. Heck, back in Cata me and a few guildies stormed Goldshire with four people and claimed it for the Horde... Now we can't even go to Elwynn Forest without being spotted by those wimpy Alliance fledglings

  16. #416
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    But you've only listed one reason CRZ is good. There are at least 4 reasons it is bad.
    4 > 1.
    Clearly it's because you don't spend all your time reporting people or being a taxi service in two-person mounts. If you were engaging in these normal activities, you would understand just how broken CRZ is.
    I don't focus on bad things. Being a positive person is all about doing what you think is positive. Why would I focus on negative things if I know I will just be nervous and waste my time? I'd rather enjoy the game, have fun and be friendly / helpful to other players as much as possible.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

  17. #417
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,212
    I don't really notice crz...if they didn't have the server name on them i wouldn't be able to tell the difference >.<the only problems i've had with crz is when flying to different zones it sometimes stutters for a second or two and mobs vanish in the zone i left from >.<

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You guys also need to understand that bugs aren't "cons." They are in fact working on the bugs. Its not a real reason against CRZ's. Like someone else mentioned, the LFD system had plenty of bugs when it was implemented. Should Blizzard have then just scrapped that whole idea? They will fix the bugs, and iron out the problems.
    ugh great more bug "FIXES" like having my daily's and everything else reset at 6 EST... rather have the bug back.

    **and bugs are still cons till they are fixed anyway.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-22 at 11:30 PM.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Being a taxi slave/reporting people is a normal part of WoW? No wonder you guys are miserable.
    My sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. My own fault, really.
    I'm just chuckling at all the posters suggesting that all pros and cons are equal, no matter how minor or obscure the issue.
    Case in point: Reporting CRZ players which at worst takes an extra click or two as some sort of major CRZ con.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  20. #420
    Epic! Blockygame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shrike Abyssal
    Posts
    1,570
    I found when leveling my mage that when I hit an area where there were many people (no one wants to group up), I'd queue for and do dungeons so as to skip that level bracket, in fact it was just as fast as before it was implemented, the only problem with it I've encountered is that nobody wants to group with anyone, as though they somehow loose out on something if they did.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •