View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Knock it off folks. We can discuss without condescending personal attacks.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

I personally like it. Being able to see players again brings back competitive fun! The only things I don't like about it is the random world/server is down disconnects, and the chugs between zones when you fly.

The arguments against CRZ are getting worse every day.

"Blizzard should have just merged servers" - is actually a suggestion aimed at achieving the same goal of populated vibrant world through a different means

"I liked playing on empty servers and I want Blizzard to change it back so I can play without seeing people again!" - is just a kid throwing a temper tantrum because he can't get what he wants

Get over it. Nobody makes a MMO so players can play by themselves. Rift forced server mergers. So did SWTOR. The people who want to play a MMO without seeing other players is such a tiny fraction of the playerbase that their demands aren't even worth listening to.

Blizzard(and Trion and Bioware) don't want empty worlds where leveling players never see other people. Just accept it and move on. Or keep whining and demanding changes that will never happen.

The world feels empty!

blizz; ok about merge zones over servers

the world is to crowded!

blizz: ....
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The world feels empty!

the world is to crowded!

I read the forums a lot and I don't remember people complaining about zone (servers yes and CRZ didn't do anything to help that.) that an a lack of world PVP and it may have fixed that (I don't play on a PVP server) but bringing in the higher level caps and modes of transportation I don't think they are getting the PVP they expected or wanted from the vanilla days.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...were you playing WoW before CRZ and still considered it an MMORPG?
    Yes, up until wotlk or so. Then it was basically a single player game, CRZ fixed that, and everyone complaining about it really shouldn't be playing a mmorpg from my point of view. Play a multiplayer rpg and leave this genre alone, instead of trying to change it. Worse then a bunch of people immigrating to a country and then trying to change that country to be the same as their old one. Come play a mmorpg, but if you don't like the MMO part then bugger off instead of trying to change the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Yes, up until wotlk or so. Then it was basically a single player game, CRZ fixed that, and everyone complaining about it really shouldn't be playing a mmorpg from my point of view. Play a multiplayer rpg and leave this genre alone, instead of trying to change it. Worse then a bunch of people immigrating to a country and then trying to change that country to be the same as their old one. Come play a mmorpg, but if you don't like the MMO part then bugger off instead of trying to change the game.
    Oh weird, cause lately I'm playing this MMORPG which doesn't have any of the CRZ issues... Guild Wars 2 musn't be a MMORPG.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently
    Yeah, I was level 80 yesterday evening questing in Mount Hyjall and got gank here and there by evil dumbass pvper with 345k HP.
    So I had to log on my 90 and teach them a lesson.

And today I hit lvl 85
    Your point about things getting done efficiently is invalid

Imho CRZ is just Blizzard testing server stuff for upcoming game . Its just not make sense - there is no group quests yet they give us option to play together ?!
    Slightly offtopic - player housing. Isnt the farm at Sunsong a kind of housing - they just need to add some more interesting stuff and voila

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I find that I like CRZ more than I dislike them... I've been alternating between leveling a human warlock and an undead hunter and seeing leveling zones populated again is pretty neat.

Sure, it can be frustrating to have to wait for 5+ minutes for a mob to respawn, but so far I haven't had an experience that was so negative that it outweighed the nostalgia of actually seeing people while I level.

However, I'd probably feel differently if I were still on a PVP server.
    Most of them are bots (at least from my experience). Bots are ruining this game, not CRZ or ghostcrawler. I am tired of meeting them in open world, dungeons, battlegrounds.
    It is fun meeting enemy fraction while leveling, but when you engage them in battle, they just stand still like a target dummy and spam 1 attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The world feels empty!

the world is to crowded!

GP(general population): We hate trash, make a raid with no trash!

Blizz: OK, here ya go. TOC, an entire raid with no trash JUST LIKE YOU ASKED!

GP: TOC? WORST. RAID. EVER.

Really, Blizz should just stop listening to the majority out there.

I'm not a huge fan of CRZ, mainly the gaps between zones when I lose a passenger
    and the noticeable time change of a zone depending on what server it's hosted on...

Other than that, it really is nice to idle in Ironforge and see it active again. It's also
    very lovely to start a new alt and actually see quite a few people in the starting zone.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post

I'm not a huge fan of CRZ, mainly the gaps between zones when I lose a passenger
    and the noticeable time change of a zone depending on what server it's hosted on...

Other than that, it really is nice to idle in Ironforge and see it active again. It's also
    quite lovely to start a new alt and actually see quite a few people in the starting zone.
    You are confusing majority with forum moaners.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You are confusing majority with forum moaners.
    Sadly, I'm not confusing the two. The forum moaners ARE the majority now.
    There's plenty of educated forum posters out there, but let's face it they are
    slowly being ousted by the large and very loud masses of whiners out there.
    (at least that's how i see it now xD)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Sadly, I'm not confusing the two. The forum moaners ARE the majority now.
    There's plenty of educated forum posters out there, but let's face it they are
    slowly being ousted by the large and very loud masses of whiners out there.
    (at least that's how i see it now xD)
    If you look at amount of wow players (~10 millions) and amount of forum moaners (i doubt you have seen/heard more than thousand), you will get my point.

All people i raided with thinks that ALL raids are AWESOME (why would they raided them then?), even ToC (personally, i really enjoyed it and PvE-PvP encounter was interesting). Some people just can't stop complain about everything. I guess they want a game that fits them, but instead seeking for such a game, they want wow to be that game

CRZ = lazy implementation. Good ideas behind it but their execution is awful and they refuse to make it better so you are stuck with all the drawbacks of a high pop server without any of the benefits (like the AH)
    Dailies = lazy content.

= No sub from me.

Wonder why they are keeping a feature like this where half of the players can't stand it. They'll only lose players. Is that worth it to prevent having to merge empty servers?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Wonder why they are keeping a feature like this where half of the players can't stand it. They'll only lose players. Is that worth it to prevent having to merge empty servers?
    Bullshit, it's not half of entire playerbase. 80% of players don't give a shit about CRZ, they just pass by the players from other realms and do what they want to do. 10% like CRZ, 5% dislike it but they know it's harmless and remaining 5% are going anal about it on the forums because they don't know what MMORPG means and they want to play it alone.

PS. Numbers are made up, but in my opinion they are close. No way in hell CRZ is something despised by half of playerbase.

very lovely to start a new alt and actually see quite a few people in the starting zone.
    Bollocks. The post you quoted went like this:

Playerbase: The world looks empty.
    Blizzard: Lets implement CRZ.
    Playerbase: The world is too crowded.
    Blizzard: ...

Same as with realm merges. Of course some people actually LIKED to play on a quiet realm.

The sensible solution is free character transfers all around the world. Those who LIKE to play on a quiet realm can stay there, and those who PREFER to move to crowded realm can do that. But that makes them lose a bit of profit on an artificial feature which costs them 0,01 EUR to execute (all automated).
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

The world feels empty!

the world is to crowded!

It says much that the known WoW hate boys support the anti CRZ movement.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Bullshit, it's not half of entire playerbase. 80% of players don't give a shit about CRZ, they just pass by the players from other realms and do what they want to do. 10% like CRZ, 5% dislike it but they know it's harmless and remaining 5% are going anal about it on the forums because they don't know what MMORPG means and they want to play it alone.

PS. Numbers are made up, but in my opinion they are close. No way in hell CRZ is something despised by half of playerbase.
    I see way more "I hate CRZ!" than "I love CRZ!" I highly doubt it's because they are "going anal" and it's just because it's the majority

Words to live by.