View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As always, an opt out option would end most of the tears. Lack of choice has to be the number one cause for bad threads, angry responses and quitting.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This topic is not about real life bullies, stop bring them up. If you are being bullies by someone in real life, you should handle that issue, it has nothing to do with CRZ's.
    Except the two are not mutually exclusive.

Also, no, life gripping people and them saying blah blah blha is meaningless. Its not a bannable offense at all....
    True, but how did one get in the SW bank. Oh, right. That's the point.

Again, the ridiculous low chances of you meeting your ex boyfriend and both of you know who the other was.. you could also just ignore them.
    You know nothing about stalking, you've never been stalked. The way you have been bullied was with words of force, and that is it. There is much, much worse forms of bullying. I leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Except the two are not mutually exclusive.

True, but how did one get in the SW bank. Oh, right. That's the point.

You know nothing about stalking, you've never been stalked. The way you have been bullied was with words of force, and that is it. There is much, much worse forms of bullying. I leave it at that.
    You actually don't know what my life experience is do you?

Either way, this tpoc is not about being stalked in real life. If that is happening to you, call the police, or if you just want to talk about it, make a post in general off-topic. It has no bearing on the topic of CRZ's. Its jusst a straw man to the topic.

No, its not bannable to use life grip in SW for fun. It does not matter how or why, and I doubt anyone has written a ticket for you about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I don't get the "it's a MMO" argument. An MMO in my book would encourage people to play together instead of introducing a feature which turns players into glorified NPCs to give the appearance of a vibrant world. There's an excellent idea in CRZ, but it just doesn't go further than "damn, there's two other people killing these boars" or having a cluster of basically anonymous 90s ganking the low levels going through the Dark Portal. Is an MMO seeing other people play the same game as you or a game which encourages people to play together; because right now WoW CRZ does one and not the other.
    I imagine a script like this:

Blizzard (narrator Metzen): *Pulls switch*
    Blizzard: "Alice, meet Bob!"
    Alice: "Hi, Bob."
    Bob: "Hey, Alice."
    Alice: "What ya doin'?"
    Bob: "I'm killin' them boars"
    Alice: "Oh."
    Alice: "Me too."
    Bob: "Ah..."
    Bob curses: Competition...
    Blizzard: See, Alice and Bob were meant to be for each other.
    Alice: "I gotta go make dinner."
    Bob: *shrugs*
    Bob: "Bye, Alice. Enjoy your dinner!"
    Alice: "Thank you, Bob. Hope we meet again another day!"
    Blizzard: And next they, they met once again. Or did they?
    Alice *fires up general chat*
    Alice: "Hey Bob, are you around?"
    Blizzard: Unfortunately, there's a slight problem, because Bob continued to level that evening and is now residing in Outland. Hold, let me fix that
    Blizzard: *Vague Orcish words resembling a dark ritual of summoning*
    Charlie: "Lok'tar ogar!"
    Alice: "Argh, horde!"
    Alice: *Casts Polymorph. Fizzle: Immune*.
    Charlie laughs
    Charlie: Casts Moonfire, one shot.

EOS.

Sums up CRZ nicely. 'Cept Charlie wasn't introduced as the evil ex-boyfriend of Alice

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 01:29 PM ----------

You actually don't know what my life experience is do you?
    No clue, but if you cannot get further than some cursing you ignored and tell people to man up, the amount of harassment you experienced was indeed meaningless, and your response on the subject were shallow.

Either way, this tpoc is not about being stalked in real life. If that is happening to you, call the police, or if you just want to talk about it, make a post in general off-topic. It has no bearing on the topic of CRZ's. Its jusst a straw man to the topic.
    The police do nothing about that mister Sherlock Holmes, and if they do, they're not being efficient.

It went like this.

1) You: Nobody is getting harassed and ticket works adequate.
    2) Me: Ticket isn't as efficient as /ignore and report in-game.
    3) You: Yeah but nobody gets harassed in-game you just ignore its meaningless.
    4) And then when I point out examples, made more or less a how to stalk howto, and explain the type of harassment you received is a joke, it is me with the straw man. Hahaha.

No, its not bannable to use life grip in SW for fun. It does not matter how or why, and I doubt anyone has written a ticket for you about it.
    I'm pretty damn sure tickets were made, and it is the context about how people get into the bank. People don't write a ticket: "I got life gripped" no they make a ticket "I got life gripped into the bank and couldn't get out".

If you want to live alone, maybe you should play a single player game.
    What makes you think I like to live alone? Do you even know from which game my signature is from? Do you still, after all these bloody threads and all the multiplayer games I love to play, somehow magically believe I prefer single player games? I like both.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Why not only play with people that you know?
    I certainly prefer it that way, Magpai, if not only because the boundaries and options in terms of interaction are far more widened. A practical joke isn't very funny with a random stranger, but it is all the more funnier with a friend.

On a PVE server, have one of every prof maxxed so not really farming any older mats, don't do Pet battles but still hate it a LOT, tired of buggy zone lines, crappy lag every other zone, two player mount dropping people and playing guess which zone they fell in so I can pick them up (that is if the parachute worked and they didn't get killed by some higher level mobs right away.)

(Didn't read any of the other comments but it was a MMO before CRZ and not a single player game and because of CRZ I now go out in the world way less now than I did before *I really try and avoid it if at all possible)

** to add STRONGLY hate the Fix for the time zones I hate having 6am resets.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-21 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    I hate it with a vengeance for one sole reason: Pet collecting. Especially the Icecrown Sindragosa's Fall and Felwood area...
    Every single time I am checking if the Scourged Whelpling or the Minfernal is up, I find 3-4 people or even more of CRz hanging there camping the spawn spots.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    No clue, but if you cannot get further than some cursing you ignored and tell people to man up, the amount of harassment you experienced was indeed meaningless, and your response on the subject were shallow.

The police do nothing about that mister Sherlock Holmes, and if they do, they're not being efficient.

It went like this.

1) You: Nobody is getting harassed and ticket works adequate.
    2) Me: Ticket isn't as efficient as /ignore and report in-game.
    3) You: Yeah but nobody gets harassed in-game you just ignore its meaningless.
    4) And then when I point out examples, made more or less a how to stalk howto, and explain the type of harassment you received is a joke, it is me with the straw man. Hahaha.

I'm pretty damn sure tickets were made, and it is the context about how people get into the bank. People don't write a ticket: "I got life gripped" no they make a ticket "I got life gripped into the bank and couldn't get out".

What makes you think I like to live alone? Do you even know from which game my signature is from? Do you still, after all these bloody threads and all the multiplayer games I love to play, somehow magically believe I prefer single player games? I like both.
    I think you like playing a game in which you can talk to people while playing that game. I do not think you like many/most of the core aspects of games like WoW.

Yes, when talking about CRZ's, bringing up times when you were bullied at school is a straw man. Again, you don't know what types of harassments I receive, or how I deal with them.

No, being life gripped is not against the rules, and I doubt tickets were made.

In the context of yet again, another one of your anecdotes, you were annoyed by having neighbors, so I stated you should live alone then.

Yes, police do things about stalkers.

Again, you don't know if I have ever been stalked, or harassed or beaten up at school.

Most of this doesn;t matter, because its just a huge straw man and has almost nothing to do with CRZ's, and especially doesn't warrant its removal. (No, you getting beaten up at school is not proof CRZ are bad) (Again, the ridiculously low chances of you happening across someone that you don;t wan to see, is again, ridiculously low)

I like CRZ, one of the best features ever to be implemented by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Pisses me off as a farmer cos some good farming spots were hard to come by uncompeted even in Cataclysm, and now it's a mess to say at least.
    It's not uncommon to see 8 players at the same time at troggs, 2-4 of them being bots. Breaking bots is fun (forcing PvP, killing, watching them rez mid-air, fall, run into a wall non stop - bot incapacitated) but not when they're around all the time. Some places are unfarmable due to this crap.

I really like this thread because it's like so many other threats:
    - people opposed to it try to give reasons, some of which are valid.
    - people in favour don't give any reasons at all why it should be implemented at all, and try to disprove a few given reasons against it but leave the majority of them alone because they can't form a valid answer.

Lemonpartyfan is one of those repeating things over and over, but not reading things or giving any thought through replies. It's like talking to a wall...

Deleted
    I think you like playing a game in which you can talk to people while playing that game. I do not think you like many/most of the core aspects of games like WoW.
    How come I do enjoy them in GW2? How come I miss working together with strangers in TSW, TERA, SWTOR? In WoW I got used to it from the start. In the other games I expected something better than WoW, WoW being old and them going for longevity, ya know.

Yes, when talking about CRZ's, bringing up times when you were bullied at school is a straw man.
    Context, mate. A discussion evolves. OP spoke about moving away from realm and then meeting said person. You then brought up you could change name (I did not even attempt to explain how to get a free name change after a realm transfer but OK) and then I explained how easy it is to find out someones new name and you just shoved it off as if you can simply ignore someone who trolls with words.

Again, you don't know what types of harassments I receive, or how I deal with them.
    You surely don't seem to sound from experience. Your lack of imagination in discussions like these really shows. Because apparently you cannot fathom that someone who is out to hurt you is merely doing so with words to harm you. Which leads to me to say you indeed have not met a stalker of the psychopath type, one with some kind of psychiatric past. That type.

You then said "but those are IRL not in-game", I then explained you, with example, how the situation can be ex-boyfriend + ex-girlfriend.

No, being life gripped is not against the rules, and I doubt tickets were made.
    No, not being life gripped but life gripped from a place one isn't supposed to be, and life gripping through a wall which shouldn't be penetrable.

Yes, police do things about stalkers.
    Yes apparently in the Louisville, USA they do yet in Canada they don't.

Again, you don't know if I have ever been stalked, or harassed or beaten up at school.
    But surely you never met one in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of Cross-Realm zones. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently and quickly. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, screwing it up even more for other players. (I try not to interfere if i see another player obviously working on the quest, unlike most people i see.) So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one getting mixed messages on player interaction & socializing as to what is and what isn't an acceptable level of interaction?
    Group quests were a hindrance to leveling if you were not able to find a group. CRZ adds interaction and brings zones up to the population they were designed for.
    Regardless I play on a high pop server, coupled with people from other realms CRZ'd in and I have never had an issue with getting anything done. I just leveled a toon from 1-90 so I experienced the full range of zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

I have no doubt that it was because there weren't enough people around to do them. I'm basically getting at now that there ARE, why aren't group quests being returned to the game? and if they won't, then what's the point of CRZ anyway? You're on different realms. You can socialize, but short of a realm transfer...how else are you going to continue leveling together if you really get along with someone? The way i understand it is there's no guarantee that you'll both stick to the same zone when you change zones. Again, not 100% sure on this, but i have seen people phase out upon zone changes, so it may be true. I think people are jumping on me because they think it's an anti-CRZ thread just by the title. when it really isn't. i'm just asking for information on why the mixed signals. lol.
    What mixed signals? This is an evolving game. Group quests got killed off sometime back in late Burning Crusade (when they removed 90% of the Elite world mobs and turned them all into non elites), and was finally put to bed completely when they re-did the old world 1-60 zones for cata. In WoWs timeline, those events are practically ancient history. CRZ is relatively new, and should not be conflated to earlier design decisions to the degree you are attempting to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I moved somewhere else.
    If CRZ didn't exist, you wouldnt have HAD to have moved elsewhere. Small bad effect is still a bad effect.

CRZ, imo, was one of the least-thought out decisiions by blizzard, especially when realm MERGING would have worked 10x better. For small realms, CRZ gives the outside world the feeling of being in a large realm, but none of the benefits that come with a large realm. Kinda like band-aiding any wound, its covered, but its still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    DO you even know how anoying is too farm transmog gear now off the rare mobs?
    Before crz : Yey this rare will spawn in next 30 min
    After crz : Ok i killed this rare that has a small chance of droping my set....oh wait where is he?

Worst part is a DC off the server when you go from zone to zone. Seriosly anoying. It makes arhelogy pain in *** .
    Remind me what the definition of the word "rare" is please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    I hate it with a vengeance for one sole reason: Pet collecting. Especially the Icecrown Sindragosa's Fall and Felwood area...
    Every single time I am checking if the Scourged Whelpling or the Minfernal is up, I find 3-4 people or even more of CRz hanging there camping the spawn spots.
    Exactly this, my only true problem with CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE CRZ! It should only go for PvP realms. Normal/RP realms should be able to opt out if they want.

I don't understand why the people who love CRZ are so against an "opt-out" option. Is it because they know everybody will opt-out? Doesn't that kind of kill your theory that everybody loves it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Remind me what the definition of the word "rare" is please.
    You do realize that if you have say Y (100) realms each having an RNG of X to spawn a rare, and you merge these 100 realms to 10 realms while the constant amount of players Z.

X and Z are constant.
    Y has decreased by a factor 10.

(And that's not even counting the dead realms which are now together with high pop realms in CRZ.)

...but Nerraw still insists rare has just the same meaning it had pre CRZ? Literally, yes, rare is called rare. A word is a word. Yet, behind the screens, rares have become more rare due to above reason.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-01-21 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Oh god, not this again. If you don't like CRZ, REROLL PVE SERVER. Simple.
    This won't help new players who now cannot gather materials for crafting and must either wait or take way longer than necessary to do quests due to the enormous. numbers of bots/actual higher level players farming materials and low level mobs for rare drops.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    What goods are you talking about here? I find it hard to believe your server economy is destroyed because it's too hard to farm Cobalt Ore.

Most server economies are based on the current mats in any particular expansion. Mats which in MoP are not spawning in CRZ zones.

Like most anti-CRZ complaints, sounds like a whole lotta exaggeration.
    It's not just cobalt ore. When you are on a dead server, and get CRZ'd with other servers, those servers have more players than yours. Therefore then end up getting most of the materials, leaving low pop realms with 2-3 stacks of mithril ore on the AH at 800g. Or my favorite, Thick Leather at 2500 gold just because there were people from other servers constantly killing mobs to farm it, so the one person on our server who managed to get some could charge that much.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:12 AM ----------

no, but being CRZ'd into a realm that goes down for a day or two and then not being able to play that character CAN be game-breaking. and yes, it's happened to people as well.
    And unfortunately can also lead the the character becoming completely inaccessible due to being stuck on the other server even though it was fixed. During the server crashes last week, I "lost" my DK and had to wait 3 days to get her back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking for a Scourged Whelpling for far too long. It has to go.