View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats annoying, but not really game breaking. This reminds me of when I was 5, my parents game my brother and I two action figures, OF COURSE the one I was given my litle bro wanted more 'BUT I WANTED THE RED ONE WAHHHH"

Seriously? You probably have a million other toons if that really happens. If its a real issue, they are working on it.
    Actually since most of my characters were in IF, which is CRZ zone I was unable to log onto 9/10 characters, I still don't know how I couldn't log onto anyone in IF since I had not logged into them before the other servers crashed. Perhaps it was trying to CRZ them during the load screen to a server that was not accessible, because it would load then tell me the character does not exist.

The only problem I have with it is gathering crafting mats, I could normally go farm this and that without issue but several mats have specific farming spots which everyone flocks to, I'm not sure since CRZ went live I've been able to go to any single farming spot and not see people from other servers there farming

I'm already on a high population server so I don't understand the point of CRZ being enabled on it, there is almost always a handful of people in any zone, all the new zones have over the results limit of 49

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Makes me wonder if you ever did Jintha'Alor in Vanilla/BC before they made the mobs non Elite. It would literally take a full day to get that place done because you had to have a 5 man group for it. It cannot be that bad.
    If you were careful as a warlock or hunter it was doable, but you needed to be fast or the trolls would respawn faster than you could kill them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post
    I hate not being able to farm any Outland/Northrend mats.

Yep if you are on a dead server be prepared to spend 3 weeks farming enough Fel Iron to level Blacksmithing, or pay the 600g + per stack from the one person who managed to get some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit topic if you ask me, What is exactly the problem?

Having to see more people when you are questing? Maybe not everytime they will help you, but they do more then before.
    Zones are way more active, sorry i prefer an active game then a dead game, not that WOW is dead, but zones were dead except a few.
    More WPvP, Whats problem with that? And ganking is PvP, PLAYER VS PLAYER, You won't get ganked by a NPC.

Proffesions like mining? Well they increased the spawn rate from all objective for proffs, so i dont see the problem.

Rare Pets for hunters? alright i got to say thats really annoying, and i waited till 06:00 till morning till i got my spectral bear, but when you get it, you can be proud!
    I rather have it the hard way with less pple having the pet, then the easy way with all hunters having 1 from your server.

If you lag due the zones being to active, then buy a new PC. Easy.

So where is the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    i cried a little when i saw the TLPD in another phase as mine... (flypath)....

...and that damn minifernal....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    [...] and i waited till 06:00 till morning till i got my spectral bear [...]
    You waited till 6 AM in the morning. Aren't you a jolly hopper. You do realize how strange this sounds for 99% of the WoW population? I mean the average player is casual, and even the hardcore usually don't do this type of stuff. If anyone else had this brilliant plan you would have had to compete for it.

I explained already why there's on average a lot more competition on resources (including rares for mounts, hunter pet tameable, ore, herbs, skinning, etc). Blizzard themselves even admitted the problem.

So where is the problem?
    Your inability to read the thread before you reply.

can be frustrating, but its the best feature they've added
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    If you lag due the zones being to active, then buy a new PC. Easy.

So where is the problem?
    I have a I7 with 12 gigs of ram SSD with a GTX 560 so how much faster do I need to go (and a tracert to my home server never goes above 40ms)

*and has nothing to do with how many are in the zone just what zone I am in.

Deleted
    TBH the only problem I have with CRZs is while gathering. Having to gather ore for my paladin's BS and Engi was quite annoying but only really on the Fel Iron part. For questing I never had a problem, or for rare mobs.

I don't really care. As I posted in a thread about this yesterday: I play on a fairly dead realm and I really don't see the point in it. It hasn't added anything to the realm with the exception of getting camped by level 90s. I am not one to run and complain about that as I play on a PvP server so it is expected although much more prevalent now. If it is expanded to add maybe guilds and AH it will be amazing but as of now it adds nothing. Right now I still can barely fill a raiding roster and AH is still completely dead.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they aren't going to remove a feature I never wanted, then I'd wish they would at least fix some of the damn bugs regarding it.

Like everytime you change zones while riding on a passenger mount and then the passenger is mysteriously missing and parachuting down, phased out from you, until you move back to the zone you were just in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Remind me what the definition of the word "rare" is please.
    You listening to and not attacking anyone that does not agree with Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    if u talking about ganking re roll on pve realm problem solved simple
    i am pvp'er and i love to gank ppl and ppl gank me its perfect pvp world

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You listening to and not attacking anyone that does not agree with Blizzard?
    Rare is rare not every one have rares :P
    com on

Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of Cross-Realm zones. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently and quickly. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, screwing it up even more for other players. (I try not to interfere if i see another player obviously working on the quest, unlike most people i see.) So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one getting mixed messages on player interaction & socializing as to what is and what isn't an acceptable level of interaction?
    Personally it has not affected me, but I can see the benefits and drawbacks. The best way to fix it would be to have a setting where you can not be part of it while questing or something like that giving you a personal phased area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    It will not go away.

When will you people understand that this is the new reality?
    A part of the game which will not go away, simply because a few people shake their angry little fists on a forum?
    We accept it's a reality, we just don't a broken feature...?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Thank you for your opinion.

Let me offer a counter opinion:

"I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of liking lonely, empty realms. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to feel like they are playing a single player game and unable to find help for anything. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, not really changing anything for the low level players. (I try to help lowbies by letting them tag things and finishing it off for them if I'm bored) So...my question is, WHY in satan's name wouldn't you want cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game... and it perfectly works this way. They may as well not have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one thinking that they may as well bring them back because there's plenty of people there now?"
    God damn man, I don't understand how the presence of people there makes you feel better especially when a lot of the time you won't even interact with somebody CRZ or if you do, you can't because /w is bugged.

Let's say you live in a giant fucking mansion, 15,000 square feet. Now, nobody lives with you and you're feeling quite lonely because not only is your mansion empty, you live in the middle of an empty forest. Let's say to fix the problem, you just added people into your house that just stand around and do stuff, that you may(most of the time not) or may not interact with. Does just the PRESENCE of people fix the problem?

Oh, also what about people on high realms, what does this do? It just overpopulates and complicates the server even more.

The biggest issue I have with it, and several other people I speak to regularly have is dealing with rares and farming. Not that its harder to tag mobs because there are more people, but that you will be flying into a zone, see a rare and when you land to tag it poof you are on a different realm. and with a sub 100ms ping it isn't a lag issue. Also CRZ does very little for end game content, trying to pug to fill a raid has been declining rapidly, to the point where it takes so long to fill the spots you end up losing more people than you gain. Guild recruitment on lower population servers is also down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by taeonas View Post
    The biggest issue I have with it, and several other people I speak to regularly have is dealing with rares and farming. Not that its harder to tag mobs because there are more people, but that you will be flying into a zone, see a rare and when you land to tag it poof you are on a different realm. and with a sub 100ms ping it isn't a lag issue. Also CRZ does very little for end game content, trying to pug to fill a raid has been declining rapidly, to the point where it takes so long to fill the spots you end up losing more people than you gain. Guild recruitment on lower population servers is also down quite a bit.
    You are in luck, cross realm guilds are just over the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    The point is that CRZ lower the amount of resources and therefore increases the amount of supply while demand is pretty static. Just like banning 100.000 farming bots increases the amount of resources available on every realm, but lowers the amount of supply which in term increases the price which in term increases the gold received by the honest, fair trade farmer.
    The point is anti-CRZ people are making totally exaggerated claims about economy destruction and then can't come up with a simple answer when called on it.

All this "CRZ ruined my server's economy BS" as if people are too stupid to realize that Pandaria resources are not impacted by CRZ one bit.

Or maybe it's whining from people who quit before MoP and have no clue where CRZ is even applied in the game these days.

That's the great thing about WoW. People who make wild sweeping claims are generally refuted because anyone can go in the game and see for themselves. For the AH, you don't even need to log into the game to see what stuff is selling for on any server in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    The only problem I have with it is gathering crafting mats, I could normally go farm this and that without issue but several mats have specific farming spots which everyone flocks to, I'm not sure since CRZ went live I've been able to go to any single farming spot and not see people from other servers there farming

I'm already on a high population server so I don't understand the point of CRZ being enabled on it, there is almost always a handful of people in any zone, all the new zones have over the results limit of 49
    Which crafting mats are you talking about that you're having such a hard time farming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I have a I7 with 12 gigs of ram SSD with a GTX 560 so how much faster do I need to go (and a tracert to my home server never goes above 40ms)

*and has nothing to do with how many are in the zone just what zone I am in.
    Maybe you're confusing lag with the loading for different phasing in zones.

Nah, you're not the only one. It was done to reduce server loads and help new player retention. In the eyes of a newbie, an empty zone isn't fun.

But it's not going anywhere, so it's one of those things you kinda just have to live with - along the entire gang of posters here who will blast you for not liking it.