View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Threads like this needs to go away. I really don't understand that hate toward CRZ.
    I don't understand the hate either.

The majority of the complaints don't seem to be about the feature itself but about having more people around. If there were more people on all the servers you would still have most of the same "issues".

For example mob tagging is not a CRZ issue. Mob tagging has always worked the way it does currently so you can't blame it on CRZ. A rare pet is called rare for a reason.

I see no issues with materials on the AH either. Some prices may be high but they aren't high because of CRZ but because people at level max simply make more than enough money to pay a higher price than they would have in the past. I am leveling up an alt myself and thanks to the inflated prices on AH I am able to make money faster than ever. And that is with level 90s in my leveling zone, which again has got little to do with CRZ because if my server would have been more crowded they would still be around.

The only difference I've noticed is that I sometimes see other players out in the world, which is nice. I have yet to enouncter a situation were we fight over the mobs or there's not enough flowers for everyone to pick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmunin View Post
    The real reason for CRZ: To save database space as the subs of wow dwindle, blizzard trying to save money because they know what's coming and what to expect. I remember when it went live and there was so many threads and people wanting it GONE, way more than those that wanted it there. You have people used to being able to farm everything, do quests with no one else there, etc etc. People get accustomed to something like that, of course they're going to be annoyed when suddenly they do have issues after so long of not having any at all, no wait, no patience considering LFR and LFD, etc.
    Proof it. Just because there are more threads stating something needs to go it doesn't mean the majority thinks like this. Someone who likes a certain feature isn't going to create threads about it whereas someone who hates it has a better reason to create a thread. Forums just don't show what people truly want because it is tainted by complaints and pretty much always will be. You can't tell me that someone is going to post on a forum if he happily playing the game.

Also, if the servers would have been merged some of the people who posted in this thread would still be complaining. You can't expect Blizzard to do something about servers feeling dead and when they do complain that there is now too much competition. It doesn't matter if you got accustomed to something because that is really your own fault and your problem alone.

The vast majority of the issues seem to be rather selfish. Not wanting to deal with other players, mob tagging (which is NOT a CRZ issue), not enough nodes (which likely only happens at prime time), etc aren't big enough issues to remove a feature. Especially the two-seater issue isn't major to damn CRZ for it.

I guess the "what's coming" remark is about yet another new MMO which is already being hyped like no tomorrow? Like The Elder Scrolls Online? With one big server I can see the auction house in that game being rather lackluster just as in Guild Wars 2 thanks to the global auction house. I much rather have high prices on goods than too low because if it is too low there is no point in trading with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Blizzard should have fixed dead servers before doing this crap seriously..
    This is how they fix dead servers. They're already talking about merging AHs too on low-pop realms, which is one of the major points that people complain about.CRZ in it's bare form is just the first step of the way. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have them roll out these changes bit by bit and making sure the previous step is working as intended before putting on the next feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is how they fix dead servers. They're already talking about merging AHs too on low-pop realms, which is one of the major points that people complain about.CRZ in it's bare form is just the first step of the way. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have them roll out these changes bit by bit and making sure the previous step is working as intended before putting on the next feature.
    AH is one of the biggest problems i had in the dead servers, CRZ feels like a bonus to me, but yeah, if they fix the AH and stuffs i might begin to play more. CRZ feels more like a trick to fool newbies, IDK why i think that, i know im wrong about it. CRZ is much better than a dead server because you can go out with a few guildies and have fun.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-22 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    AH is one of the biggest problems i had in the dead servers, CRZ feels like a bonus to me, but yeah, if they fix the AH and stuffs i might begin to play more. CRZ feels more like a trick to fool newbies. Im sorry if i think that way but Blizzards Blizzard.
    The first version of new technology is always a bit barren compared to how it ends up looking a few years after v1.0 is implemented. Remember the early LFD? It was buggy as hell. It's been refined a lot since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. CRZ doesn't need to get removed. It need to be expanded and improved upon.
    It's a VERY impressive technology, one that could one day make segregated servers obsolete.

CRZ has put the leveling experience back into a state that resembles a recent expansion launch, and it's fucking annoying. I'm sure playing the mob-tagging game "brings the world alive" for some nutter, but for normal people, it's just really, really annoying. With no group quests present anymore, it is a completely pointless feature. It also screws up RP servers by putting people from non-RP servers together with RPers.

So yes, picked the "I hate it" option.

And for reference, I play on Argent Dawn EU, one of the most populated EU servers. It's not a question of going from dead server to full.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-01-22 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The first version of new technology is always a bit barren compared to how it ends up looking a few years after v1.0 is implemented. Remember the early LFD? It was buggy as hell. It's been refined a lot since then.
    Now im starting to gain hope about CRZ

10+ Year Old Account
    It also screws up RP servers by putting people from non-RP servers together with RPers.
    So the Moonguard Goldshire ERPers get a bigger audience to .. umm... entertain?

*ducks and runs*

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So the Moonguard Goldshire ERPers get a bigger audience to .. umm... entertain?

*ducks and runs*

Since we've been dealing with time-travel and alternate dimensions for many years in the Warcraft universe, one could simply take CRZ as an alternate reality-thing in an RP-context.

Then why didn't you do anything about it OP? When there were threads about how much the world is empty you were just sitting and enjoying your game. Why didn't you go to the forums to say that the world being empty is good? It's too late to do it now so why do it in the firstplace?

Same shit happens everytime. When people don't like something they come and whine. While the people who like it just don't give a damn. And then when Blizzard caters to those who whine, those who didn't do anything before rise up and whine themselves.

One example are the Pandaren. People wanted them for so long. Others didn't care. When Blizzard finally put them through, those who didn't care before made a freaking revolt. But it is their fault. Where the fuck were they when everybody wanted the Pandaren for a playable race?

I like CRZ. But the way it is implemented is a bit flawed. So many people, so few mobs/quest items/rare battle pets. This forces rude behaviour even among the same faction. And guess if I help someone who behaved selfish when he gets attacked by the other faction? Surely not.
    It would be cool to have some autojoin groups. For example a group for people with the same quest, ppl in the same area, ppl looking for PvP,... . There are so many people in CRZ, but there is no positive interaction.
    With so many different people around I would really like to track a personal rating for friendly/unfriendly players.

Zones shouldn´t be equally populated for all times during day and night. Before CRZ it was possible to farm rare hunter pets at night. Now there are always 10 hunters camping each pet.
    Last edited by Peng; 2013-01-22 at 01:13 PM.

I would have been mildly OK with CRZ had blizzard been less dishonest about its full impact on play. However, the second I had to compete with a player on another server for resources in a starting leveling zone day one of MOP release they removed any form of support for it whatsoever.

CRZ should only be available in zones with mobs at least 30 levels below max cap IMO. Then we could have the best of both worlds. The cry babies on low pop servers could have people to hold hands and cavort with, whilst the other players on low pop servers that are there for the sole reason of less competition can be happy as well.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Maybe you should go back and look.
    I don't have time to read 19 pages. I scanned the first few pages (5+) of your post history and found nothing.

Also, this was partially a response to the person pandering to you, that despite his post that you've given "some of the best arguments for CRZ," I found no such arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    (insert more crying about whiners)
    Again, not one reason why CRZ is actually a good thing. You constantly bitch that CRZ "isn't that bad" and people need to "shut up and deal with it" but you have given no reason why it should have to be dealt with, and no reason why it's positive at all, other than giving you a superiority complex.

Deleted
    Bad sides of CRZ:
    - Rare mobs are killed the second they spawn by 10+ people camping that place.
    - Group quests are gone, there is no reason to group with other players. Quests to collect stuff are better off doing alone. So more players means slower questing for everyone.
    - Its not possible to trade with other players. CRZ does not improve economies of low populated realms, while increasing competition for resources.

Good sides of CRZ:
    - World looks less empty.
    - People who like to duel outside of capital cities now have more players to play with.
    - World PvP on PvP realms is back.
    - There is actual competition during STV fishing competition, so its no longer about RNG. Players who suck at it no longer ask their friends to block fishing schools for others because there are too many people competing.

So I'm indifferent. There are downsides and upsides to this. I hope CRZ will improve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I don't have time to read 19 pages. I scanned the first few pages (5+) of your post history and found nothing.

Also, this was partially a response to the person pandering to you, that despite his post that you've given "some of the best arguments for CRZ," I found no such arguments.

Again, not one reason why CRZ is actually a good thing. You constantly bitch that CRZ "isn't that bad" and people need to "shut up and deal with it" but you have given no reason why it should have to be dealt with, and no reason why it's positive at all, other than giving you a superiority complex.
    I even proposed this to him, he never did give any reply to it other than I should shut up and play a single player game:

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    I listed the pros and cons. Give me some more pros if you have them. I want to see what these benefits are, and if they really outweigh all the bugs, including the ones Blizzard has admitted themselves, that they are unable to ever fix.
    If it's that hard to give more than 1 pro vs all my list of cons on page 2, then clearly it is a bad system.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Bad sides of CRZ:
    - Rare mobs are killed the second they spawn by 10+ people camping that place.
    - Group quests are gone, there is no reason to group with other players. Quests to collect stuff are better off doing alone. So more players means slower questing for everyone.
    - Its not possible to trade with other players. CRZ does not improve economies of low populated realms, while increasing competition for resources.

Good sides of CRZ:
    - World looks less empty.
    - People who like to duel outside of capital cities now have more players to play with.
    - World PvP on PvP realms is back.
    - There is actual competition during STV fishing competition, so its no longer about RNG. Players who suck at it no longer ask their friends to block fishing schools for others because there are too many people competing.

So I'm indifferent. There are downsides and upsides to this. I hope CRZ will improve over time.
    Well finally someone that is able to give some more up sides to the CRZ mess. So I will give you props for that. But the first 3 are basically the same, it puts more people into each zone. And sadly though the fishing competition went through a forced redesign to work around CRZ. Which is rather confusing. If a feature is released that bugs out so many things, wouldn't it of been better to bring the thing causing the bugs down and fixed it, rather than do away with events that were working and bring back only one to work around the buggy feature?

I still think giving people an opt out option, would make both sides happy. The pro-CRZ keep their CRZ, and can continue using it. Those who have issues with it and prefer their own home server to play on, can do so and not have to deal with the bugs. It's clear in the poll in this thread, that it's a fairly even split between the groups. So there will still be plenty of people CRZing. At worse, half the people forced into CRZ would opt out. There is still a sizable chunk of people though in CRZ. And with CRZ when it detects x amount of people are CRZ'ed into a zone, it will create a second CRZ copy and pour the rest into it (If I did my homework right on CRZ). At worse, if half the people in the first copy opt out, then the second copy get put into the first and you'd still have your full world.

World looks less empty.
    It looks less empty, but again, the downside is that you can't invite them to guild, to keep in touch you have to add them as battletag instead of a regular player friend (which some people may prefer not to do), and the world is also buggier (more dismounting bugs), which means even if you do choose to group with people you suffer zoning lag and dismounting bugs in that regard. I'd say this is a high price to make the world "look" less empty.

People who like to duel outside of capital cities now have more players to play with.
    Rofl, so SW/Orgrimmar duelers get a "positive" - or so it seems. Then when you want to arena with them, oh, you can't. Again an artificial solution.

World PvP on PvP realms is back.
    I've incited world PvP once, so yes it's possible to incite world PvP (I did it by griefing and camping a leveling multiboxer repeatedly). That said, I also did world PvP (and incited some) before CRZ.

There is actual competition during STV fishing competition, so its no longer about RNG. Players who suck at it no longer ask their friends to block fishing schools for others because there are too many people competing.
    On the contrary, the artificially increased competition means that there is less strategy (using friends, being quick with porting, etc.) and more about RNG.

All of the benefits are artificially there with CRZ, but would actually be put into place with server mergers. Worlds would be more full instead of seeming more full. Dueling would have more of a point since there's a bigger pool of arena/RBG players you can find via dueling. Since the players can form guilds, there will be more strategy on fishing tournaments, instead of more RNG which will dominate with unorganized cross-realm players. And you'll actually be able to world PvP since you'll have guilds to back you up on 1v1's - leading to group versus group battles - instead of having "world PvP" consist solely of cross-realm ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently leveling an Undead Warlock and while I have found a lot of people feom other servers, I didn't run onto any problems during my questing experience. I have even joined up with some people and leveled with them, having a good time and makimg new friends. I really don't see any issues with CRZ.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    That is, to say, that your only beef is the place where World PvP happens the most? Hmmm...
    yeah unlike everywhere else it is somewhat possible to quest but ppl that destroy thrallmar over and over just destroy that content for lvlers
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"