View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You act as if low pop realms were a design decision by Blizzard and not a bad side effect of such a large number of servers that they're trying to find ways to fix.
    No, I don't care what the design decision was. I care there's a realm culture, and you don't simply destroy that in one night. If you do, you can expect some people who aren't quite happy with that. Not only that, but in order to adapt to this change players must shell out 20/25/45 EUR a pop.

Leveling by yourself without seeing another player is not how Blizzard wants their game to be played.
    Leveling by yourself without seeing [...] is a very extreme standpoint. Not nearly the experience I had on any of my characters pre-CRZ. Not on my high pop realm. Nor on my low pop realm even. But that's now all changed. There are now 4 choices, it seems:

1) High pop CRZ PvP (Norma realml)
    2) High pop CRZ PvE (PvE realm)
    3) Low pop CRZ PvP (RP realm)
    4) Low pop CRZ PvE (RP-PvE realm)

Yeah, lets mix those who want low pop leveling with those who want to RP.

You disagree so you quit. That's fine. There are plenty of underpopulated and dying MMOs where you can find the solitude you're looking for.
    The MMORPG I enjoy a lot is far from dying. Also, I don't bet on one horse. I don't have to game. Its all casual for me.

its really did another huge hit on realm community, its destroyed all sense of it, and hell gl on trying to get any rare tamed/killed cause now you have to compete against not just your realm but at least 10 others... numerous other issues with it, i like how they say they dont wanna implement anything till it is working perfectly but than take a shit on us with this load of garbage called CRZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    There is some interesting discussion in this thread. Also a lot of needless bullshit arguing, but I guess that's the fun of debate right?

Anywho...

I have some questions about the removal of CRZ in favor of other things and also one about a proposed Opt-Out system.

First, the opt-out. How, exactly, would people see that working? So, I opt out of the whole CRZ thing... I would imagine that I would no longer see anyone from other realms. I would also imagine that it means I won't ever enter another realm when passing in to a potentially CRZed zone. Is that what the goal is? I would then have to wonder what the technical ramifications behind that would be. It boggles my mind really. I've been a software designer for 10 years and this seems pretty risky if you ask me.
    How it would work is that CRZ would put you onto your realm, while keeping others who want CRZ into their Cross Realm Zone. There's nothing problematic about that theoretically because of how CRZ is fundamentally designed. It simply takes players from several zones and flips them into one zone. The old server zone is still there actually - it's just now empty, and anybody who crosses that threshold simply gets shifted into the CRZ instanced zone.

Or, to put it shorter, you're telling me the old world that's functioned for 8 years is a technical problem?

There are a few people in this thread who have mentioned that the competition for resource nodes, quest mobs and rare pets/spawns has become bothersome due to the number of people around. My question is, if you want a dead world to play in... one with a lack of competition, why are you playing an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game? I don't mean to be rude, I am just curious.
    Was WoW not considered an MMORPG before CRZ?

What happened was after 8 years standards changed and the game evolved. Overworld became single-player content by Blizzard's design, and outdated non-current expansion became the relaxed area where players went to catch up on things and do fun... to get away from the crowds of end-game.

You said "lack of competition". ANd that's wrong... it's not about "lack" of competition... they had JUST enough competition for resources without it to keep it fun while obtaining results. When people fly around a zone for 20-40 minutes and can't find a single resource node, that's not a game about competition, that's a waste of somebody's time.

My question to you is if you believe MMOs are about hundreds of people running about everywhere competing with each other, then why aren't you playing Halo or Battlefield 3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Agreed. Heck when I shifted to stag form, I had the glyph to make myself a mount, random guy hopped on, and we tested it out. He immediately got knocked off when trying to get to westfall. And I made a detailed bug report about on on their forums. The zoning don't just effect mounts either. If you are a druid with the charm critters skill, you can only have it follow you around that zone. Cross a zone and it removes the critter as if you entered an instance.

I believe that is where the issues lie. The system is treating each zone like an instance, and that's where the hangups, the flashing, and the dismounting is coming from. The solution then is simple. If they intend to force everyone to endure CRZ, then it needs to be continent wide, not zone wide. So change CRZ from Cross Realm Zone, to Cross Realm Continent (CRC) and that will eliminate the 2 seater problem, the hangups, the flashing, and then the only 2 bugs left to fix, is reporting and ignoring CRZ people.
    I don't even bother with bug reports in WoW anymore. Not sure if I ever will with Blizzard. I have reported countless of bugs in WoW. I write my posts thoroughly and clear, in English. And you can't really be wrong in a bug report, right (you can, but trust me, I generally know when I'm biased). Never seen one of my reported bugs fixed. I admit there have been a few common bugs (which everyone experienced) I did report and got fixed, but I'm talking about specific bugs, not stuff everyone and their mother experiences. I mean if every time you log in in WoW you get achievement spam you can report this and they can fix this, but sure as hell you know at least one other fellow got deeply annoyed by that because of all the complaints going on in trade and guild chat (on the beta MoP when this happened for weeks). There's stuff still broken in my class I reported last expansion (and this one as well).

I imagine the mount issue go like this:
    * Client B says "I want to be on client A mount"
    * Server verifies if this is allowed says "OKOK"
    * Client A passes CRZ zone
    * Server sees Client A is in a different zone than Client B and dismounts

Maybe if they just actually temporarily disable the character from client B and make it depend on client A instead. As if they're the same client, like a shadow copy. If they can introduce that, they can also finally make some kind of spectator mode.

Hate it. It was a good idea but implemented poorly.
    Herbs/ore/rare mobs/battlepets/etc shouldn't be cross realm. That stupid knock off when im giving people lifts needs to die
    If those thing change I'll like it, but until then its caused more harm then good.

Deleted
    There is some interesting discussion in this thread. Also a lot of needless bullshit arguing, but I guess that's the fun of debate right?

Anywho...

I have some questions about the removal of CRZ in favor of other things and also one about a proposed Opt-Out system.

First, the opt-out. How, exactly, would people see that working? So, I opt out of the whole CRZ thing... I would imagine that I would no longer see anyone from other realms. I would also imagine that it means I won't ever enter another realm when passing in to a potentially CRZed zone. Is that what the goal is? I would then have to wonder what the technical ramifications behind that would be. It boggles my mind really. I've been a software designer for 10 years and this seems pretty risky if you ask me. My worry is that any given CRZ zone could be on your own server. Now, you aren't CRZed but other people are. Does that mean there is one instance of the zone on your server for players that opted out and one instance for the players that are CRZ enabled? Does it just not show you the other people? How would interaction with quest items, rare spawns, resource nodes and the like function in that setting? It actually scares me to think of what that could do.
    OK since you're a software designer that's cool I can explain you some things on how CRZ works.

Lets assume your're an alliance player. Suppose your realm runs in datacenter A. You move out of Stormwind to Elwynn Forest. You enter the CRZ, a certain IP address from datacenter B (which isn't necessarily near datacenter A; they're just not, they're scattered at least in Europe). Now they must sync with each other. And if you then move to Duskwood you'll get to datacenter C (again somewhere else). And then you can continue. Now if you block the IP address of datacenter C (which is really easy to do with Peer Guardian) as soon you enter Duskwood you won't see anything. You won't see other players, and you won't see NPCs, you won't see quest object; nothing. Only whatever is in your client by default in this zone. But you can travel. If you log out and in you'll get an error. Transfer aborted or something. Until you unblock. So the old servers aren't even up anymore.

My proposal with opt-out? Allow players to roll to different CRZs, with different population sizes. Heck, maybe make the linked realms rotate every day so you get some kind of lively difference in population.

I also wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    True, that is problematic.

Possible soltutions:

• Remove CRZ from PvE with opt-in (enabling PvP and joining PvP CRZ).
    • Merge more realms in CRZ and build CRZ based on level (stimulates playing together, stimulates wPvP between equal level; fixes the PvP complaint).
    • Allow people to share the resources you mentioned: gathering nodes individual, rare spawns individual/phased or scaling on amount of proximity players. This with or without opt-out.
    That's what I came up with in 3 min of time. There's likely more solid and elegant solutions.
    There are a few people in this thread who have mentioned that the competition for resource nodes, quest mobs and rare pets/spawns has become bothersome due to the number of people around. My question is, if you want a dead world to play in... one with a lack of competition, why are you playing an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game?
    Again, competition and MMO are not linked to each other. They're not a result, certainly not in every aspect like WoW has it. See my quotes in the thread about other MMORPGs like GW2.

I don't mean to be rude, I am just curious.
    That's OK but maybe read the thread...

An MMO is designed to have lots of people around and lots of people playing. I guess I don't understand why you would want to play in a world that no one inhabits (or one where only a few people are active). It would seem that greed is the root of this want. People want to be able to get to all the rare spawns or resource nodes for their own benefit. Yet these same people mention how rude these CRZ'ed people are when it comes to things like this. It makes me wonder why people wish to be so greedy in an MMO setting.
    Also there's some people who like low pop and some who like high pop.

The next question I have deals with the removal of CRZ but the merger of servers. What does this actually change? We would still see a lot of competition for quest mobs/resource nodes/rare spawns/pet and such... the people would just be on your own realm. I will say that it would fix some of the bugs that CRZ has introduced and it would also allow you to guild these people... which is a positive. To me though, most of the negatives are still there. Lots of people means lots of competition, lots of ganking and so on.
    It fixes the AH on low pop realms. It'd mean there are only medium pop and high pop realms left, no more low pop realms.

I am interested in what people think about this. Am I way off base with what I am thinking or is there anything I am missing?
    Yeah you missed reading the thread. I know there was some shit in it going on (Lemonpartyfan and me are BFO) but also many good and interesting posts.

I would like to add one more alternative to CRZ: a list of players in the region on other low pop areas with the ability to invite them to your realm.

And here are the two most recent posts summing up on GW2's cooperative mode instead of competitive mode.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19947526
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19947538
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-01-24 at 02:58 AM.

I don't even bother with bug reports in WoW anymore. Not sure if I ever will with Blizzard. I have reported countless of bugs in WoW. I write my posts thoroughly and clear, in English. And you can't really be wrong in a bug report, right (you can, but trust me, I generally know when I'm biased). Never seen one of my reported bugs fixed. I admit there have been a few common bugs (which everyone experienced) I did report and got fixed, but I'm talking about specific bugs, not stuff everyone and their mother experiences. I mean if every time you log in in WoW you get achievement spam you can report this and they can fix this, but sure as hell you know at least one other fellow got deeply annoyed by that because of all the complaints going on in trade and guild chat (on the beta MoP when this happened for weeks). There's stuff still broken in my class I reported last expansion (and this one as well).

I imagine the mount issue go like this:
    * Client B says "I want to be on client A mount"
    * Server verifies if this is allowed says "OKOK"
    * Client A passes CRZ zone
    * Server sees Client A is in a different zone than Client B and dismounts

Maybe if they just actually temporarily disable the character from client B and make it depend on client A instead. As if they're the same client, like a shadow copy. If they can introduce that, they can also finally make some kind of spectator mode.
    I'm with you on that. Heck in beta on my old computer, I had a severe graphical problem. I posted in their bug reports forum, and even their tech support forums for the beta. In the end, neither thread got answered by Blizzard, and others were experiencing it as well. Felt like we reported issues, and were ignored. The graphical issues fixed when I got a new computer, but even still. It's pretty infuriating to give feedback and bug reports. And even after CRZ went live, people were giving feedback, the majority of it negative, and it felt like we were ignored, and even in some cases, belittled by Blizzard.

So yeah I am right with you. I no longer will give them feedback, or bug reports. Not if it is just going to be ignored, and in some cases, like with CRZ, silenced by their forum mods. I have no intention of ever posting on their official forums because of the behavior of their moderators. And I am not re-subbing to give blizzard money. I am resubbing only because I miss my friends. I still believe WoW's quality has gone down the tubes this expansion. Nothing can change that except blizzard. I'm not even going to bother with the dailies. As for my under 85 alts, most of them are in their 70's. I will just dungeon them while sitting in stormwind or pandaria until they hit level 85. Pandaria is my opt out option. So is dungeons. Dungeons I only put up with the jerks for a few minutes. Better than putting up with from the stories I've read from pve servers, of 90's coming to keep quest hubs killed, and because of CRZ's layering, will also prevent help from seeing them.

There are a few people in this thread who have mentioned that the competition for resource nodes, quest mobs and rare pets/spawns has become bothersome due to the number of people around. My question is, if you want a dead world to play in... one with a lack of competition, why are you playing an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game? I don't mean to be rude, I am just curious. An MMO is designed to have lots of people around and lots of people playing. I guess I don't understand why you would want to play in a world that no one inhabits (or one where only a few people are active). It would seem that greed is the root of this want. People want to be able to get to all the rare spawns or resource nodes for their own benefit. Yet these same people mention how rude these CRZ'ed people are when it comes to things like this. It makes me wonder why people wish to be so greedy in an MMO setting.

The next question I have deals with the removal of CRZ but the merger of servers. What does this actually change? We would still see a lot of competition for quest mobs/resource nodes/rare spawns/pet and such... the people would just be on your own realm. I will say that it would fix some of the bugs that CRZ has introduced and it would also allow you to guild these people... which is a positive. To me though, most of the negatives are still there. Lots of people means lots of competition, lots of ganking and so on.

I am interested in what people think about this. Am I way off base with what I am thinking or is there anything I am missing?
    Why is it a "dead world"? Is a world only alive because there are tons of other human players in it? What's the exact formula or composition that an area has to follow to be considered either "dead" or "alive"? 1 person per 100 feet? Going 30 seconds without seeing someone else? If a person continually runs LFD or LFR while sitting in Silvermoon City or Exodar, do you suppose they feel lonely? There are other ways to see and play with people other than forcing them into one box.

WoW is often touted as having a great leveling experience. I even believe that one of its draws when it came out was that you could solo your way to max level, something unheard of for players of Everquest or Final Fantasy 11. Blizzard filled the world with a ton of quests, places to go, and lore for the role players.

Even more so, they also have been slowly making it even easier for people to solo. The removal of group quests, elite mobs toned down to normal, quests grouped into hubs so that you only have to go out into the wild once or twice. The lure of "end game", where the game supposedly truly begins. I think that's even what's advertised on every expansion box ("A new 85-90 zone for players to explore!"), except maybe Cataclysm since they redid the old content. Combined with the fact that as each expansion comes out, new characters have further and further to go to level.

I am also curious. Why is a person who wants to play with no interruption "greedy", but those who want people seeded about zones just so they can not feel lonely not greedy?

The game has been doing just fine, according to mostly everyone on this site. If you would have said the game is dying because there's almost no one out in the world, what kind of reaction would that have gotten? The only thing that CRZ has seemed to introduce is causing a rift between people whose way of playing has now been infringed. Were people quitting because the zones didn't have people leveling in them? Is this just for the benefit of characters trying to level?

You even admit in your last statement that most of these problems are negatives. Why is a person greedy because they don't want the introduction of more negatives into their gaming experience? I would actually call those who want CRZ added to be greedy, not even caring for the way this system has disrupted and upset many players already satisfied with the way the game was.

I have seen greed. I have seen selfishness. I have seen rudeness, all within the last two weeks of playing the game. Much of it is intrinsic to the way of playing WoW. One quest mob, two players, only one is going to get the kill and finish their quest. Same with resources. The problem now is, you amplified the concentration of these things for everyone not in Pandaria. How is this possibly a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No... actually that's not a big deal at all in an MMO... particularly an MMO who has spent the past 8 years shifting the entire overworld experience into a SINGLE-PLAYER EXPERIENCE where the MMO experience is focused on the end-game, groups, and cities.

I mean, look at the most successful expansion to-date... Wrath of the Lich King. What did it add to players from 1-55? BARBER SHOPS! That's IT! NOBODY COMPLAINED and the expansion was the best subscriptions to-date.

WoW hasn't viewed the presence of people in old-zones as a problem for 8 years... nobody complained "We need more people running about in the overworld". They complained "We need more people on our servers to guild up with".
    Blizzard didn't shift the game in that direction deliberately and regrets how single player focused people have become. And they think that in the long run it's bad for the game.

Personally I think if you want to play a game solo then what the hell are you doing playing an MMO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    I'm with you on that. Heck in beta on my old computer, I had a severe graphical problem. I posted in their bug reports forum, and even their tech support forums for the beta. In the end, neither thread got answered by Blizzard, and others were experiencing it as well. Felt like we reported issues, and were ignored. The graphical issues fixed when I got a new computer, but even still. It's pretty infuriating to give feedback and bug reports. And even after CRZ went live, people were giving feedback, the majority of it negative, and it felt like we were ignored, and even in some cases, belittled by Blizzard.

So yeah I am right with you. I no longer will give them feedback, or bug reports. Not if it is just going to be ignored, and in some cases, like with CRZ, silenced by their forum mods. I have no intention of ever posting on their official forums because of the behavior of their moderators. And I am not re-subbing to give blizzard money. I am resubbing only because I miss my friends. I still believe WoW's quality has gone down the tubes this expansion. Nothing can change that except blizzard. I'm not even going to bother with the dailies. As for my under 85 alts, most of them are in their 70's. I will just dungeon them while sitting in stormwind or pandaria until they hit level 85. Pandaria is my opt out option. So is dungeons. Dungeons I only put up with the jerks for a few minutes. Better than putting up with from the stories I've read from pve servers, of 90's coming to keep quest hubs killed, and because of CRZ's layering, will also prevent help from seeing them.
    For me, I don't need them to reply to my bug report. I especially don't want others to read my bugs. I mean yeah I do get the use of that, but lets face it the average WoW player can't write a good bug report, can't talk in an unbiased context, and just flat out doesn't add anything to the issue with stupid comments like "this is irrelevant" or "learn to play" (or stuff like "DW bro will be fixed soon" like that yellow from yesterday). In GW2 my tickets allowed me to include a screenshot auto made (brilliant concept) and they were send to them and I think there was an option if they could contact you by mail if required. And that's my point about WoW too: I don't even expect an answer. All I expect is taken serious, and fixing bugs.

Regarding CRZ I suspect it is a technology meant to prepare WoW for the slow but steady decline it player population from now on (with small spikes going up during say expansion and major patches). I think that was its primary intent, not anything low pop relation. Not to make question more fun. If it was so important to quest with multiple peolpe, why not make it cooperative effort easier, like in GW2? Why revamp 1-60 and then not include CRZ? It got introduced too late. Either way, its pretty clear Blizzard doesn't want to remove it, hence their moderating and damage control. I had some hope today though. The major feature of MoP not being released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of Cross-Realm zones. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently and quickly. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, screwing it up even more for other players. (I try not to interfere if i see another player obviously working on the quest, unlike most people i see.) So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one getting mixed messages on player interaction & socializing as to what is and what isn't an acceptable level of interaction?
    not everyone plays the game the same way. you assume everyone and their dog are out leveling alts or getting loremaster. wrong. the majority of people are doing end game stuff.

once again, an individual player who likes to quest, who's trying to get loremaster assumes that EVERYONE likes to quest and is trying to get loremaster. newsflash: i hate questing. i've never even thought about getting loremaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally I think if you want to play a game solo then what the hell are you doing playing an MMO?
    I already answered this many times it is getting ridiculous. The whole questing experience is optimized for single player experience. And also, what is wrong with being able to play single player in MMORPG (quests) and then also able to join multiple with 2 mouse clicks (BG, LFD, etc). The great strength of a MMORPG such as WoW (but not only WoW) is that is allows you to play single player when you want to, as well as multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    not everyone plays the game the same way. you assume everyone and their dog are out leveling alts or getting loremaster. wrong. the majority of people are doing end game stuff.

once again, an individual player who likes to quest, who's trying to get loremaster assumes that EVERYONE likes to quest and is trying to get loremaster. newsflash: i hate questing. i've never even thought about getting loremaster.
    Once again, an individual player who likes end-game zone content, who's trying to ad-hominem somebody assuming that EVERYONE likes end-game zones and PVP and is trying to get the person annoyed. Newsflas: You are not the majority either. Nobody is... that's the POINT of an MMORPG - different playstyles coming together to form a community through diversity.

Deleted
    Once again, an individual player who likes end-game zone content, who's trying to ad-hominem somebody assuming that EVERYONE likes end-game zones and PVP and is trying to get the person annoyed. Newsflas: You are not the majority either. Nobody is... that's the POINT of an MMORPG - different playstyles coming together to form a community through diversity.
    True there are so many people who actually love to level a character and then they get till level 47 and they're like taking a break or playing their level 26 priest or their level 11 mage. Just because they find that fun. And they often play alone (not always). Basically you have to imagine the majority of the WoW playerbase is actually not even at the last level. Seriously! That's how hardcore you play. Look at the amount of time a raiding guild takes. An average mediocre raiding guild raids 3x 4 hrs (3 evenings a week) that's 12 hours and not even includes weekly stuff like Sha, farm, dailies, etc, research you do, videos you watch, theorycrafting, practice. You'll easily! end up 14 hours a week which is 2 hrs a day. What hobby on earth would you play 2 hours a day? And still claim you play it casual? 2 HOURS a day. And that's just the mediocre guilds. The top500 play considerably more, barring a few exceptions. By the way this post doesn't confirm or deny CRZ viewpoint concerning individual players who aren't 90 yet (or maybe got a 90 but don't do engame on it). That's clearly not the point of the post, and is up to each individual.

newsflash - endgame is the majority. try again hispter kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Zone scaling like gw2 would fix the problem. I love crz because it does what it is ment to. Make it an mmo. And no I never gank low levels. 5.2 they are adding bg scaling so it shows they have the tech to do it.
    As far as I know, WoW does have some basic form of zone scaling implemented - mobs should be respawning faster when there is a lot of players in the zone. It probably isn't as flexible as the system in GW2, but it's in place.

Also I don't really understand what the fuss is all about. I'm leveling a shaman right now. I'm yet to encounter a situation where there would be too many players doing the same stuff as me (regarding to leveling character). Sure, there might be an ahole who will drop from a flying mount and 1shot me every now and then, but I usually settle that by logging main and getting my revenge. I've noticed, that players doing this are usually not 90, and if they are 90, they have pretty crap gear. Maybe a trend?
    Yesterday I was flying around Dragonblight looking for some world PVP and after a complete circle I managed to find only 2 players near big quest hubs (the Taunka village and the Horde outpost near the spider dungeons)
    Anyway, only thing that is really annoying about CRZ is the shared resources. There will usually be 1-2 90s in the zone farming stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    newsflash - endgame is the majority. try again hispter kid.
    Warning: Reality Distortion Field detected at user rnbwtrout. Do you wish to continue Y/N.
    Y.
    Good luck, you're on your own.

If you look at http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results
    Which is from 3 months ago.

835k of all players had a level 90. So those are people who play the end game. They're not even people who necessarily raid (as only 136k of them killed the first boss in MV). Taking the first number, this means that at that time of writing, less than 1 out of 10 players was playing the end game (with end game meaning including any level 90 activity).

The average WoW player is simply very casual (as I already explained), and is leveling. They're not even level 90!

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    [..] but I usually settle that by logging main and getting my revenge. [..]
    Good for you but you'll find out how good this works later on when you meet a level 90 who participates in the PvP gear grind also, as I said, the average WoW player is merely leveling. They don't even have a level 90 to relog to!

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the group quests. Such a shame they removed them, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I loved the group quests. Such a shame they removed them, really.
    wonder if they could make lower level "scenarios" to fill those voids somewhat. maybe make some "Ring of" type scenarios.

Warning: Reality Distortion Field detected at user rnbwtrout. Do you wish to continue Y/N.
    Y.
    Good luck, you're on your own.

If you look at http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results
    Which is from 3 months ago.

835k of all players had a level 90. So those are people who play the end game. They're not even people who necessarily raid (as only 136k of them killed the first boss in MV). Taking the first number, this means that at that time of writing, less than 1 out of 10 players was playing the end game (with end game meaning including any level 90 activity).

The average WoW player is simply very casual (as I already explained), and is leveling. They're not even level 90!

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 11:59 AM ----------

Good for you but you'll find out how good this works later on when you meet a level 90 who participates in the PvP gear grind also, as I said, the average WoW player is merely leveling. They don't even have a level 90 to relog to!
    from 3 months ago? lol. from raiding guilds? lol. there are just as my casual guilds (if not more) as there are raiding. i can go round robin with you and the OP, but i'll just pull my ace out of my pocket: if everyone is out leveling old content, WHY DID BLIZZARD FEEL THE NEED TO INSTITUTE CRZ TO FILL THE OLD WORLD? go on, i'd love to hear your answer.

and if everyone is out doing old world stuff, then why does blizzard bother with content patches for end game and have made content a priority this xpac? love to hear your answer on that too.