View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

CRZ Needs to go away.

I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of Cross-Realm zones. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently and quickly. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, screwing it up even more for other players. (I try not to interfere if i see another player obviously working on the quest, unlike most people i see.) So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one getting mixed messages on player interaction & socializing as to what is and what isn't an acceptable level of interaction?

In which zone is it impossible to get stuff done efficiently and quickly?

I can understand. I get plenty of speed bumps nowadays with people questing around me. Scrambling to tag mobs first, people with 90's following them around to get stuff done, yet still somehow going slower completing every quest. And no one joins a group in my experience. Despite people being around, questing still feels like a single-player experience, just now it feels like more of an uphill battle than it was before.

I don't necessarily hate CRZ, though. It does have it's benefits, particularly for PvP and RPing. But I do rather wish something would give on the questing front.

Deleted
    Works perfectly fine.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Hinterlands, Jintha'Alor in particular, i remember being stuck there for an eternity levelling my monk

How can people complain all the time. I'm currently leveling a character, he's 63 now. What was your problem again?

Maybe not go away, but have an option to turn it off if you don't want to use it.
    “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
    ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Deleted
    It will not go away.

When will you people understand that this is the new reality?
    A part of the game which will not go away, simply because a few people shake their angry little fists on a forum?

Deleted
    Just feel like I should put my experiences of CRZ down here. I have leveled a monk from 42 - 90 since I've been back, and 7 other characters from 85 - 90. I ran into maybe 4 times when I was hindered to a point where I became anoyed, the rest of the time I simply kept a good look out and stayed away from people who looked like a threat and went to do other quests, I maybe lost at most half an hour of my time doing that. most of the 80 - 85's I've leveled have been alot faster than the first I did at release, and I didn't really encounter any times where It became impossible for me to level up, if an area was being ganked or there was too many people, I moved somewhere else.

Not saying it never happens but I haven't really been effected badly by it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game?
    We had 1 bazillion crz threads; still this is an interesting question. Blizzard is in this videogaming stuff to make money. So how does crz pay off? Possibly:
    - players love it and are more likely to subscribe
    - it's cheaper regarding the server hardware
    - it's testing tech on a grand scale for Titan or whatever
    - it's the entrydoor for cross realm AH and later cross realm RMAH
    - it's supposed to squelch the calls for "servers merges" and keep the transfer fees rolling in
    I don't know; help me out.

Quite a few, particularly the Plaguelands and "Entry level" zones (12-20 zones, Borean Tundra, Hellfire Peninsula is really bad, haven't tried Hyjal/Vashj'ir since before CRZ).

It won't be the entire zone all the time, but there are some pretty bad choke points where you'll show up and everything's actively being destroyed by two-three people at a time.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-01-21 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zone scaling like gw2 would fix the problem. I love crz because it does what it is ment to. Make it an mmo. And no I never gank low levels. 5.2 they are adding bg scaling so it shows they have the tech to do it.
    Aye mate

I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of Cross-Realm zones. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently and quickly. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, screwing it up even more for other players. (I try not to interfere if i see another player obviously working on the quest, unlike most people i see.) So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one getting mixed messages on player interaction & socializing as to what is and what isn't an acceptable level of interaction?
    Wait.... Now it's people working on Loremaster? People are really thinking of every possible scenario to shit on CRZ's. It's more fun to be around more people in an MMO. Seriously. CRZ's are here to stay. So just embrace it. This is one thing they aren't going to back down from. So just embrace it. Honestly, I barely even notice it unless I mouseover someone while I'm leveling. The exaggeration of all things in this game makes non issues into catastrophic issues.

THIS im leveling two characters right now one alliance pandaren monk and a horde blood elf warlock and there is literally nothing different except i see people more often and every once in awhile you see someone asking for help and now thnaks to crz most of the time someone does.

i think alot of people lvled close to mists release and was like "ER MAH GERD SO MANY PEOPLEZ" but forgot that an expansion just came out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    It has loaded me to meet new people. That for me is a worthy trade off, and the part where I can play with my friends who are on other realms.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much any zone i level in on my realm now. could be just bad luck, but i'm not sure how the whole thing actually works. Silithus comes to mind specifically though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your opinion.

Let me offer a counter opinion:

"I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of liking lonely, empty realms. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to feel like they are playing a single player game and unable to find help for anything. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, not really changing anything for the low level players. (I try to help lowbies by letting them tag things and finishing it off for them if I'm bored) So...my question is, WHY in satan's name wouldn't you want cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game... and it perfectly works this way. They may as well not have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one thinking that they may as well bring them back because there's plenty of people there now?"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    How can people complain all the time. I'm currently leveling a character, he's 63 now. What was your problem again?
    my problem is that while CRZ may or may not be fine, there's a lot of mixed signals going on here from blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Hinterlands, Jintha'Alor in particular, i remember being stuck there for an eternity levelling my monk
    Are you saying there were so many people there that it was slow? Or are you complaining about the quests there in general are tedious? I was there a few days ago doing archeology and saw like 1 person questing. Just flew there to take a look after seeing your post and there isn't a single person there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 11:48 PM ----------

my problem is that while CRZ may or may not be fine, there's a lot of mixed signals going on here from blizzard.
    Do you think Blizzard removed group quests to signal that they didn't want people grouping while leveling? Or perhaps maybe they might have removed them because on most servers there weren't enough people around to do them?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 11:48 PM ----------
    Do you think Blizzard removed group quests to signal that they didn't want people grouping while leveling? Or perhaps maybe they might have removed them because on most servers there weren't enough people around to do them?
    I have no doubt that it was because there weren't enough people around to do them. I'm basically getting at now that there ARE, why aren't group quests being returned to the game? and if they won't, then what's the point of CRZ anyway? You're on different realms. You can socialize, but short of a realm transfer...how else are you going to continue leveling together if you really get along with someone? The way i understand it is there's no guarantee that you'll both stick to the same zone when you change zones. Again, not 100% sure on this, but i have seen people phase out upon zone changes, so it may be true. I think people are jumping on me because they think it's an anti-CRZ thread just by the title. when it really isn't. i'm just asking for information on why the mixed signals. lol.