The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

New Selfless Healer

I haven't seen any discussion on the new Selfless Healer in 5.2

Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60%, down from 33/66/100%, and can be activated by Holy Shock, in addition to Judgment.
    The choices for Holy paladins (in pve) were pretty much just Eternal Flame or Sacred Shield, though I had seen some people use Selfless Healer by weaving in Judgements, this change makes it something we'd stack throughout a fight for on-demand burst.

It also has good synergy with the glyph of Flash of Light.

Since the 4pc pvp set has gotten nerfed and gear is just going to get better in 5.2, removing any point of using it, Eternal Flame may not be ass crazy good anymore either
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking PvE or PvP?

PvE, Eternal Flame still wins simply because you can throw EF on multiple people, keep mastery rolling, and give the beacon target a good stream of heals. Selfless Healer becomes more viable because it procs from both HS and Judgement, but EF and SS should still do more healing overall.

Quick napkin match, assuming 30K SP, 15% haste (raid-buffed), 33% mastery and no overhealing.
    Flash of Light normal hits for 57757. Selfless Healer would buff that to 92412 + 30496 bubble and make it instant cast after 3 holy shocks. If your primary target isn't the beaconed target, you would heal the beaconed target for 46206.

Eternal Flame, with 3HP, would normal hit for around 75894. We automatically get two additional ticks of EF, so we're looking at 8486 per tick, or 101832 healing for the duration. The one cast of EF would heal for a total of 177726 + 58649 bubble on your primary target. If your primary target isn't the beaconed target, then the beacon target gets an additional 88863 healing.

Sacred Shield would absorb 35443 every 6s, and it's actually affected by haste, too. We automatically get an additional "tick" of SS during its duration, so SS would absorb 212658 if all "ticks" were fully absorbed.

The thing is that, if you're already rolling a prot paladin, he'll for sure be taking Sacred Shield. It scales off of AP and SP, so as his Vengeance builds, so will the strength of his shield. SS is also one more GCD you have to spend to refresh on the tank, which you don't have many times.

So the only viable solutions are EF and SH. EF does more healing overall, but SH doesn't consume holy power. Having SH will let you cast two strong heals in a row (free instant FoL -> WoG), which in that case would be comparable to EF if you're healing the same target twice (with Glyph of FoL: 175895 + 58045 bubble).

Take note that if you use Judgment to stack Selfless Healer, you're wasting 3540 mana per cast on something that doesn't heal.

PvP, with all of the synergy with FoL (2% crit chance bonus from gloves, HP from FoL in 4pc), will probably see a lot of Selfless Healer usage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Selfless Healer using FoL on a beacon target also generates one holy power, keep in mind. You also have to compare only Eternal Flames extra healing, not total as a SH paladin can still WoG

Do sacred Shields not stack? I've always used EF and was not aware
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know for PvP Selfless Healer is the talent I would choose as Holy. The glyph, 4 set, glove bonus, all make Flash of Light incredible. The problem with Flash has been its mana cost, but Selfless Healer now severely cuts down its mana cost even with 1-2 charges. And as overwelm said, healing a Beacon target then makes FoL give 2 Holy Power, which is insanely nice. More instant cast healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    Selfless Healer using FoL on a beacon target also generates one holy power, keep in mind. You also have to compare only Eternal Flames extra healing, not total as a SH paladin can still WoG
    I did compare SH FoL + WoG to EF; it's a wash between the two. EF also can proc Divine Purpose if you pick that as your T5 talent (but so can WoG).

You could theoretically rotate this, provided you're using 4pc T14: HS -> Judgement -> HS (need to wait 0.5s or so) -> FoL on Beacon -> WoG -> Rinse/repeat

Do sacred Shields not stack? I've always used EF and was not aware
    They do stack (as in multiple pallies can put Sacred Shield on the same target and each will have its own effect), but I think the primary disadvantage is that each pally can only have one SS out at a time, whereas you can spread out EF to multiple people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any discussion on the new Selfless Healer in 5.2

The choices for Holy paladins (in pve) were pretty much just Eternal Flame or Sacred Shield, though I had seen some people use Selfless Healer by weaving in Judgements, this change makes it something we'd stack throughout a fight for on-demand burst.

It also has good synergy with the glyph of Flash of Light.

Since the 4pc pvp set has gotten nerfed and gear is just going to get better in 5.2, removing any point of using it, Eternal Flame may not be ass crazy good anymore either
    I think, for a spec that already doesn't get a lot of use out if such a GCD-intensive talent, this won't do much for us. I may be wrong, but I'd be surprised if Selfless Healer became the most-used talent on that tier come 5.2. I'll give it a shot with the new PvP 4-piece bonus, but I'm expecting to quickly revert back to Selfless Healer.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I think, for a spec that already doesn't get a lot of use out if such a GCD-intensive talent, this won't do much for us. I may be wrong, but I'd be surprised if Selfless Healer became the most-used talent on that tier come 5.2. I'll give it a shot with the new PvP 4-piece bonus, but I'm expecting to quickly revert back to Selfless Healer.
    1. You must have switched out one of your talents names for another as you say you'd be suprised if selfless healer was used but also that you will probably quickly revert back to selfless healer.

2. It wouldn't be nearly as GCD dependant after the change as we normally spam Holy Shock off cd either way. You could potentially pump out more FoL's by just weaving Judgement and Holy Shock, but I was thinking more just utilizing it after you get 3 charges from Holy Shock alone.

Keep in mind, I'm talking pve, I don't pvp on my paladin