Warlock 4P set bonus dumb question

Hello,

Iam for sure missing some easy logic in this, but Iam a bit confused about the 4th set bonus,

It sais it should reduce the darks sould abilities by 40 seconds but my ingame tooltips shows 1.33 minute cd on dark soul shouldnt it be 1.2 minute ??

Thank you for your help.

1.33 minutes is 1 and 1/3 minute cooldown, not 1 minute 33 seconds

(1.33 makes it 1 min 20 sec)

Thank you,

I knew it was a dumb question

I have a serious question, are we going to be pre-popping dark soul and gearswitching in t15? I know ret paladins already suffer from this with the t11 prot 4pc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It never occurred to you that 1.33 is a decimal?

CD values are presented in full numbers like 1.75 Minutes or 2.25 minutes. Since Minutes are 60 seconds, and not 100 as some believe, 1.33 Minutes is 1 and 1/3rd of a Minute. So 60 seconds divided by 3 = 20 seconds. Science!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I have a serious question, are we going to be pre-popping dark soul and gearswitching in t15? I know ret paladins already suffer from this with the t11 prot 4pc.
    You probably will be able to. This will make a difference but unless you're going for super competitive kills as soon as T15 is released, don't know how worth it this would be.

You'll lose seconds off the initial Dark Soul anyways from having to pre-pop in order to swap gear on, and this will throw off that initial Dark Soul lining up with procs and other CDs so...doubt it's worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    You probably will be able to. This will make a difference but unless you're going for super competitive kills as soon as T15 is released, don't know how worth it this would be.

You'll lose seconds off the initial Dark Soul anyways from having to pre-pop in order to swap gear on, and this will throw off that initial Dark Soul lining up with procs and other CDs so...doubt it's worth it?
    You'll lose 2 secs at most.

Simple macro:
    Code:
    /use Potion of Jade Serpent
    /use Dark Soul
    /equipset [insert regular gear set name]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Since Minutes are 60 seconds, and not 100 as some believe.... Science!
    Unless, like those after the French Revolution, you choose to use Metric time, but that's probably confusing enough because then you'd have to speak French and execute noblemen too... History!

As for the T14 pre-swap... Having absolutely no clue of Blizz's response to the T11 Ret pre-pull, I can honestly see a caveat being made for Warlocks of "When Dark soul is activated by this set.", even if unwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post

Probably yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Probably yes
    "Great I really enjoy using a gear swapping macro at every boss pull to optimize my dps"
    - said no one ever

Deleted
    Another dumb question, I have the shock charger medalion which is 1 minute cooldown. Before I had the 4pc bonus I could always line up the two on use cooldowns as they were 1 minute and 2 minutes. Is it better now to ignore trying to line them up and just use them as they come off CD, or wait to use the shock charger until DS comes off cooldown? Effectively reducing the 40 seconds to 20 seconds.

I'm unsure as I have no idea how much of a difference it makes to the dmg my spells do if I have both cooldowns up at once compared to single cooldowns spread out over the fight.

I'd sim it but I really don't like working with that program.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Another dumb question, I have the shock charger medalion which is 1 minute cooldown. Before I had the 4pc bonus I could always line up the two on use cooldowns as they were 1 minute and 2 minutes. Is it better now to ignore trying to line them up and just use them as they come off CD, or wait to use the shock charger until DS comes off cooldown? Effectively reducing the 40 seconds to 20 seconds.

I'm unsure as I have no idea how much of a difference it makes to the dmg my spells do if I have both cooldowns up at once compared to single cooldowns spread out over the fight.

I'd sim it but I really don't like working with that program.
    Use both in CD, btw, this trinket is worse then LotC or EoT, sorry for that, but it's true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Use both in CD, btw, this trinket is worse then LotC or EoT, sorry for that, but it's true.
    Yes but I can't sit with a crap Trinket for ever and wait for either of those two to drop for me when there is a very nice trinket from Valor staring me in the face.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    make a map of the fight length. you want to line them up as often as possible without wasting a use of either of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You'll lose 2 secs at most.

Simple macro:
    Code:
    /use Potion of Jade Serpent
    /use Dark Soul
    /equipset [insert regular gear set name]
    Same thing happens if u are using "infernal" on initial pull as well with tier 13 (for those fights last 6+mins)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Yes but I can't sit with a crap Trinket for ever and wait for either of those two to drop for me when there is a very nice trinket from Valor staring me in the face.
    It's not that nice, maybe equivalent with EoT and LotC LFR.