Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Leveling a brewmaster.

Hello all,
    So ive decided to lvl a Monk brewmaster. Atm lvl 45. I got the heirlooms for some extra xp. Atm am doing quests due to ppl that are doing instances are not respectful enough and leaving in middle of fights/middle of instance. Healers seems to be abit odd and not healing etc.

What am looking for since am not familiar to search here on mmo is if there is a good lvling guide? Ive read the tank guide but its more for pandaria end tanking
    Another question i have is what weapon should i go for as lvling? Atm am using 2 1h maces with agi and stamina heirlooms.

Thx for reading this.
    Teaz

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly as an heirloom'd Brewmaster you can go into dungeons and not give a shit about anyone else because you can solo everything while still wrecking the place with high damage.

At least in Vanilla, and I remember being superpowered through at least most of TBC as well.

Regardless...

Basically as a Brewmaster, you want to gather up everything you can and AoE them down, because we are gods incarnate at that. Run around on your mount and proxy-tag mobs, then clump them together and go to town with Keg Smash and BoF. Use Chi Wave as your level 30 talent, it's the most powerful heal when soloing. It'll easily pick you up from just about dead if things get hairy, and alongside Expel Harm and Guard you're pretty much unkillable.

Keg Smash is priority one. Use it on cooldown, no exception. Nothing hits harder, and it's our main Chi generator.

The Tiger Palm buff is super easy to maintain now that we don't have to stack it to 3. Plus it's free for Brewmasters. Use Tiger Palm if you ever find yourself with not enough energy to Jab/KS and no Chi for BoF/BoK.

Speaking of those, Breath of Fire hits harder than Blackout Kick even against a single target at low levels. You can basically take BoK off your bars unless you wanna switch up your animations every now and again (the Shuffle buff from BoK is nice, but not necessary until you hit Cata dungeons because you're beastly with heirlooms).

As for weapons - use 2 1-handers or a staff/polearm. It really doesn't matter when levelling. Whatever you have access to, has the highest ilvl and has agi on it will be golden. There will start to be a slight difference when you hit max level and start raid tanking, but again that difference is small enough to not matter that much.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thx alot Nikka =)

Can I use my wind walker gear to tank?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure can. Even at 90, the gear is essentially exactly the same (except for tier pieces)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Yes, i currently use my dps gear for tanking lvl 90 heroics when i need to hit the vp cap, WW and BrM use the same kind of stats atm (except gems and enchants)
    (i even tanked LFR sha of anger because we didn't want to wait on a new one due to it being late)