Page 1 of 50
... LastLast

Geforce Titan. Consumer based GK110.

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/164...d-kepler-gk110

This is what we all have been waiting for.

Almost 85% of the performance from GTX 690 with a single GPU card.

English article: http://www.techpowerup.com/179090/NV...tan-quot-.html
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-01-21 at 01:20 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/164...d-kepler-gk110

Almost 85% of the performance from GTX 690 with a single GPU card.
    any chance for some translated details? (speccs/price/estimated time?)
    guessing i better start saving ^^

Deleted
    I hate how Graphics cards decide how big your case has to be more than the motherboard^^

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    any chance for some translated details? (speccs/price/estimated time?)
    guessing i better start saving ^^
    http://translate.google.com/translat...d-kepler-gk110

I wonder what AMD will pull out of the bag to counter this...

The specs should be similar to K20X which includes 2688 Cuda cores, 384bit memory bus and 6GB GDDR5 memory. 732MHz core clock and 5.2GHz memory.

The article states that the sources claims it will be released at the end of February and will cost $899.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Google chrome has a translate feature.

With such a low base clock this might have some serious overclocking potential. I don't understand the need for 6GB of RAM though.

Deleted
    So roughly speaking, it's ~30% faster than 680? Wonder if it's worth the upgrade..

To get high-scores in benchmarks.

It's probably going to be 3GB for consumer side, with a side-option for 6GB. These things are not on the core itself after all, but are instead memory chips around it.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    With such a low base clock this might have some serious overclocking potential. I don't understand the need for 6GB of RAM though.
    On the other hand, the clock rate might be that low for good reason. Who knows? I don't suppose anybody has had any hands-on experience with a Tesla K20X do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    http://translate.google.com/translat...d-kepler-gk110

I wonder what AMD will pull out of the bag to counter this...
    I don't think AMD has anything even remotely close and with the pricetag of this card I don't think they care much either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    graphical overkill is underestimated. (also high Vram is likely to future proof 4k resolution perhaps? xD)
    clocks do seem on the lowish side.
    asus please please make a ROG edition?

since when do those tools actually translate stuff? (last time i used em they could only translate +- half of it)

also AMD a counter? (not gonna happen likely)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post

What we've been....waiting for?! I hardly have been waiting for this in the slightest, simply because although there is a "consumer" tag on it, it isn't aimed at your generaly consumer like ourselves, nor are they ever aimed at gaming.
    The Tesla series has always been aimed at high end computing because GPU's are more efficient than CPU's when calculating. Hence the series generally being exclusivley used in super computers (Titan in the US uses just over 18'000 of them).

The "consumer" version is still aimed at businesses and more applicable for use in servers, more specifically visualisation servers. Considering the very low end of the Tesla series costs £2100/2700euro/$3900, these are clocking in at $899, but I think what people are missing is....they arn't designed for gaming. Thats why the GeForce series exists. Nvidia are hardly a company that would cannabalise their own product porfollio
    Last edited by mmocef12196b05; 2013-01-21 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    So roughly speaking, it's ~30% faster than 680? Wonder if it's worth the upgrade..
    I would say more like 60-70% faster than 680.

True. I guess there are always the ARES and those two other dual 7970Ghz cards if you want to spend lots of money on AMD hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
    What we've been....waiting for?! I hardly have been waiting for this in the slightest, simply because although there is a "consumer" tag on it, it isn't aimed at your generaly consumer like ourselves, nor are they ever aimed at gaming.
    I'm not saying that people have been waiting to buy this, but I know a LOT of people that have been waiting to see what Nvidia would do with the GK110 ever since they pulled it before the GTX 680 launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
    The Tesla series has always been aimed at high end computing because GPU's are more efficient than CPU's when calculating. Hence the series generally being exclusivley used in super computers (Titan in the US uses just over 18'000 of them).

The "consumer" version is still aimed at businesses and more applicable for use in servers, more specifically visualisation servers. Considering the very low end of the Tesla series costs £2100/2700euro/$3900, these are clocking in at $899, but I think what people are missing is....they arn't designed for gaming. Thats why the GeForce series exists. Nvidia are hardly a company that would cannabalise their own product porfollio
    how else are we power our tripple screen setups with 27" 1440p ips screens? (if only i could afford that)

Quad SLI them. Go. Entertain me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Quad SLI them. Go. Entertain me!
    sure if you mind sponsoring me? (also cyanotical is likely gonna upgrade his brother's rig with two of these badboys or perhaps even more :P)