Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    one thing to keep in mind, titan is not inherently a GPU, while it may beat the 690 but not the 780/790 at benchmarks, it is at heart a compute card, which means they will be constantly sold out,
    So they are more intended as a compute card for amateur video making enthusiasts and professionals on a budget than for playing games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So they are more intended as a compute card for amateur video making enthusiasts and professionals on a budget than for playing games?
    still won't prevent them from playing games at absurd resolutions and fps ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    no, they are intended as an enthusiast gaming card, but they are not removing the compute abilities

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/164...-geforce-titan

A bit more info, nothing special.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, a slightly weaker/cheaper GK110 GPU later in the year? Good job NVidia, keep it up. The more they saturate the market with GK110, the more likely everyone and their mother will get a chance to get one.

I WANT ONNNNNEEEEE
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    It will still be 600+ i guess :P

Hmmm, i dont like that nvidia is telling them they can only make oem versions of it. So no custom coolers -.-

The launch of the GeForce GTX Titan will be similar to that of the GeForce GTX 690, which the partner manufacturers must follow Nvidia's reference design to the letter. Nvidia does not allow custom designed circuit boards, coolers or own stickers on the graphics card.
    (translated from google)
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2013-02-01 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    It will still be 600+ i guess :P

Hmmm, i dont like that nvidia is telling them they can only make oem versions of it. So no custom coolers -.-
    It doesn't really matter if the cooler is good to begin with, I believe the cooler on GTX 690 was really good.
    I doubt they will put one of those 4k RPM radial fans on a premium card like this.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    So roughly speaking, it's ~30% faster than 680? Wonder if it's worth the upgrade..
    Not worth the price difference if it's that much of a performance increase. Might as well get a 690 at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Not worth the price difference if it's that much of a performance increase. Might as well get a 690 at that rate.
    The leaked 3Dmark result from yesterday show it beating GTX 690 by a fair margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    It doesn't really matter if the cooler is good to begin with, I believe the cooler on GTX 690 was really good.
    I doubt they will put one of those 4k RPM radial fans on a premium card like this.
    Yeah from what I've heard and Cyanotical can correct me if I'm wrong, but NVidia put A LOT of effort into the 690's cooler.

@Rennadrel, you should know better to read more responses first. People were durping on math earlier in the thread. That has all gone to the wayside. This thing is more like 690*1.2=Titan.

"A flower.

Tbf, I'd have a look at the ELA of the 3DMark result. I would, but I can't read the result and conclude anything from it, since I'm still wrapping my head around how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    http://www.techpowerup.com/179605/Fi...-Revealed.html

[.IMG]http://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-01-31/306a.jpg[/IMG]
    This was posted 2 pages back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    http://www.techpowerup.com/179605/Fi...-Revealed.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-01-31/306a.jpg[/IMG]
    Already seen from the links, please thumbnail though so you don't get infracted!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Already seen from the links, please thumbnail though so you don't get infracted!
    Already removed post it was redundant.

Deleted
    Yeah from what I've heard and Cyanotical can correct me if I'm wrong, but NVidia put A LOT of effort into the 690's cooler.

@Rennadrel, you should know better to read more responses first. People were durping on math earlier in the thread. That has all gone to the wayside. This thing is more like 690*1.2=Titan.

while that is true the real question would be how well the cooler can keep up once we start oc'ing? (would be fun to have 10 titans in the gpu leaderboards lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    they did, if the cooler on titan is anything like the 690, you won't want an aftermarket cooler

part of the reason Nvidia doesn't allow aftermarket coolers is so people can recognize it, if you see a twin frozr card, you have to either look very closely or ask what it is, but a 690 can be spotted from a mile away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    while that is true the real question would be how well the cooler can keep up once we start oc'ing? (would be fun to have 10 titans in the gpu leaderboards lol)
    I don't know if I'd want to OC it too much. Hell Cyanotical has barely pushed his 690s, I think part of it is to make them last.

I've already seen how quickly my 560 Ti has lost some of its OC potential, if I have a $900 GPU, you can bet your ass I won't be overclocking it more than like 50MHz.

Hell I'd put up the Titans in that thread even if they were not overclocked, just so people can have them listed and people can see 3DMark and Unigine Heaven scores.
    "A flower.

I don't know if I'd want to OC it too much. Hell Cyanotical has barely pushed his 690s, I think part of it is to make them last.

I've already seen how quickly my 560 Ti has lost some of its OC potential, if I have a $900 GPU, you can bet your ass I won't be overclocking it more than like 50MHz.

Hell I'd put up the Titans in that thread even if they were not overclocked, just so people can have them listed and people can see 3DMark and Unigine Heaven scores.
    You don't have to run it overclocked 24/7 though, just do it for benchmarks and fun.
    You have 5 profiles in Afterburner for a reason

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true, yes.
    "A flower.

In Sweclockers bi-weekly video where they discuss news from the past week they said that they got reports that the 3dmark results are fake, they still claim the performance will be about 85% of GTX 690.