Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    In Sweclockers bi-weekly video where they discuss news from the past week they said that they got reports that the 3dmark results are fake, they still claim the performance will be about 85% of GTX 690.
    Tis a shame, it would have been pretty crazy and awesome.

Did they say how they found out?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Tis a shame, it would have been pretty crazy and awesome.

Did they say how they found out?
    Only that there was several sources that said it. They have a bunch of pretty good sources and I'm sure they don't want to risk them. Even though some of them are pretty well known.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Only that there was several sources that said it. They have a bunch of pretty good sources and I'm sure they don't want to risk them. Even though some of them are pretty well known.
    Hum. Well, hopefully NDA will get lifted soon, I really want to see the real stats and such on this thing. >_<

A full review from TTL is also definitely something I'm excited for, you just know he's probably already learned a fair bit about this and may just be jumping with glee to release the video. :P
    "A flower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah from what I've heard and Cyanotical can correct me if I'm wrong, but NVidia put A LOT of effort into the 690's cooler.

@Rennadrel, you should know better to read more responses first. People were durping on math earlier in the thread. That has all gone to the wayside. This thing is more like 690*1.2=Titan.

Yeah, when we get official benchmarks, we will see if it's going to justify the MSRP that many people are saying. If it can beat out a GTX 690, then odds are Nvidia is going to do a price drop the 680 and 690 to justify the cost of Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, when we get official benchmarks, we will see if it's going to justify the MSRP that many people are saying. If it can beat out a GTX 690, then odds are Nvidia is going to do a price drop the 680 and 690 to justify the cost of Titan.
    lol I bet they would be more likely to up the price on the Titan. :P

Though, if it turns out it's 20-30% weaker than the 690, then that would make the price not too bad. I'd be okay paying it.
    "A flower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on whether we are going to see alternative air coolers or not, whether it's worth the price difference over a GTX 690. If there are non-reference cooler models like the Windforce and DCUII, a 900 dollar price would probably be acceptable, as with a GTX 690 you are pretty much going to have to get a water block for it since there are only a few models and they are all reference coolers (intentionally designed for enthusiasts to liquid cool obviously). Not having to buy a 200 dollar water block for a 900 dollar card would be handy, and easy enough to deal with until there are water blocks available as well because reference coolers generally suck the big one.

Still don't see the hardon people have for aftermarket coolers this generation. If the Titan has a shoddy cooler it'd be one thing, but the stock ones this generation have been quite good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was already stated that the Titan will most likely be like the 690 and not come with custom air coolers. Frankly, the 690's air cooler was amazing, says everyone, including Cyanotical, so... I wouldn't be surprised if NVidia made a good one for Titan!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the Tesla it is supposedly based on:

that heatsink is capable of keeping the card cool through long hours of full 100% use, while i doubt titan will use the same shroud, the OEM cooler is more than enough for gaming

I rather hope the connectors will be where shown on the cards there, too. That'd be nice, having them on the 'front' of it. Also, the Tesla card only uses 6+6 pin? Here's hoping the Titan's either 6+6 or 6+8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I rather hope the connectors will be where shown on the cards there, too. That'd be nice, having them on the 'front' of it. Also, the Tesla card only uses 6+6 pin? Here's hoping the Titan's either 6+6 or 6+8.
    You mean like the Video-out connectors?
    "A flower.

Deleted
    You mean like the Video-out connectors?
    I think hes talking about the power connectors.

Titan will likely be clocked a bit higher and thus use a fair bit of more power, I expect 8+6 or 8+8.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think hes talking about the power connectors.
    Ah, if that's the case, then I hope the same. Perfect spot for them to be, as compared to the ridiculously stupid spot they put them on the consumer Kepler cards.
    "A flower.

Ah, if that's the case, then I hope the same. Perfect spot for them to be, as compared to the ridiculously stupid spot they put them on the consumer Kepler cards.
    I love the placement on the connectors on GTX 660-670 that has the standard short PCB but a full-size cooler, don't you think it looks cool with power connectors in the middle of the card?

And I hope that EK to boot can make a single-slot waterblock for this. That'll depend on the connectors though; if they're stacked I suspect they won't.

Deleted
    And I hope that EK to boot can make a single-slot waterblock for this. That'll depend on the connectors though; if they're stacked I suspect they won't.
    aren't hydro coppers from evga usually available very soon/at actual release?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the placement on the connectors on GTX 660-670 that has the standard short PCB but a full-size cooler, don't you think it looks cool with power connectors in the middle of the card?
    Yeah, totally! We all know how awesome tacky things are!

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:22 PM ----------

Last night as I went to bed I was thinking... 'holy shit. We have not even brought up what the likely power draw will be!'

So what do you guys think? I mean, 2x6 pins means it can't be that much. Doesn't that equal out to only 150 watts?
    "A flower.

Deleted

[/COLOR]Last night as I went to bed I was thinking... 'holy shit. We have not even brought up what the likely power draw will be!'

So what do you guys think? I mean, 2x6 pins means it can't be that much. Doesn't that equal out to only 150 watts?
    Wasnt it 150 per 8 pin? 125 per 6? If so than it can be 325. Atleast i know the pcie slot gives 75 :P

edit

6 pin is 75 or so says google (or thats what im geussing) so that would be 225, with the 75 added from the pcie slot.
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2013-02-02 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    well normal tesla uses 235W iirc so depending on overclock 250-275 would be reasonable.