Pve Prot Warrior nerf's due to Pvp warriors

Just wanted to see if I'm alone in hating the fact that prot warriors seem to get hit badly in pve with issues that are really only pvp based.

For example the change to Avatar
    Avatar You transform into an unstoppable colossus for 20 sec, increasing your damage dealt by 20% and causing your attacks to generate 30% extra Rage. While transformed you are immune to movement impairing effects.

You transform into a colossus for 24 sec, breaking all roots and snares and increasing your damage dealt by 20%.

Now the change to Shockwave which as a prot warrior since BC since we got shockwave I have really loved the ability.

The reasoning behind these changed as mentioned by blizzard staff in the patch notes is due to pvp warriors needing nerfs, but why does it feel like the actual pve warrior tanks are getting hit also.

Just want to get a feel of the community here.

Avatar rage generation nerf is unfortunate for prot yes, but shockwave cooldown only gets nerfed if you hit less than three mobs if I don't remember totally wrong. With less than that amount of targets you won't generally be using shockwave for tanking purposes anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also instantly thought "Thanks for that, PvP!". However, the cooldown is reduced to 20 seconds if you hit more than 3 targets.
    So lets sum it up:

MSV:
    Stone Guards: - Always full cooldown, except in LFR. Byebye Shockwave I think. But shouldn't be a big problem.
    Feng (HC) - Shadow phase adds need more positioning now. This may suck. (have been @ Feng HC only once, don't blame me If I'm wrong :P). No need for a (Shockwave) stun in Normal mode.
    Gara'jal: May have its full cooldown if you only hit 2 ghosts in the spirit world.
    Spirit Kings: No need for a stun there.
    Elegon: When meeting at the console for adds, there are always more than 3 targets.
    Will of the Emperor: Should only have 40 seconds in the beginning, when two Rages spawn (10 man), but I wouldn't use Shockwave there.

HOF:
    Vizier: No need for a stun.
    Blade Lord: Same.
    Garalon: Same.
    Wind Lord: Blade Storm (+Bloodbath) is superior here IMO.
    Amber Shaper: No need for a stun.
    Shek'zeer: You'll have 3 or more targets when phase starts and that's when the stun is needed the most. Should be okay.

Terrace:
    Protectors: No need for a stun here.
    Tsulong: More than 3 adds after the big Sha-add dies, where the stun is needed most. I see no problems here.
    Lei Shi: When you're tanking the elementals you also have more than 3, should be okay too.
    Sha of Fear: No need for a stun here.

Challenge Mode
    Okay I stopped running them after I got the Bronze title, so my memory may not be correct. But I think most add groups consist of more than 3 adds, so it should not cause big problems, however I got a feeling that some Gold tanks may get mad in certain situations.

Summary
    Overall this change shouldn't be a big deal for us Prot Warriors.

But, in general, I wonder if/why Blizzard can't just change the whole spell and ability system once you are in RBG / Arena / BG.
    Like "Spell Reflect PvE: 8 seconds CD (or how many it was @ BC) / Spell Reflect PvP: 25s CD".
    Technical barrier or what?

PS: Don't care about open PvP
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2013-01-22 at 07:42 AM.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    I've also instantly thought "Thanks for that, PvP!". However, the cooldown is reduced to 20 seconds if you hit more than 3 targets.
    So lets sum it up:

MSV:
    Stone Guards: - Always full cooldown, except in LFR. Byebye Shockwave I think. But shouldn't be a big problem.
    Feng (HC) - Shadow phase adds need more positioning now. This may suck. (have been @ Feng HC only once, don't blame me If I'm wrong :P). No need for a (Shockwave) stun in Normal mode.
    Gara'jal: May have its full cooldown if you only hit 2 ghosts in the spirit world.
    Spirit Kings: No need for a stun there.
    Elegon: When meeting at the console for adds, there are always more than 3 targets.
    Will of the Emperor: Should only have 40 seconds in the beginning, when two Rages spawn (10 man), but I wouldn't use Shockwave there.

HOF:
    Vizier: No need for a stun.
    Blade Lord: Same.
    Garalon: Same.
    Wind Lord: Blade Storm (+Bloodbath) is superior here IMO.
    Amber Shaper: No need for a stun.
    Shek'zeer: You'll have 3 or more targets when phase starts and that's when the stun is needed the most. Should be okay.

Terrace:
    Protectors: No need for a stun here.
    Tsulong: More than 3 adds after the big Sha-add dies, where the stun is needed most. I see no problems here.
    Lei Shi: When you're tanking the elementals you also have more than 3, should be okay too.
    Sha of Fear: No need for a stun here.

Challenge Mode
    Okay I stopped running them after I got the Bronze title, so my memory may not be correct. But I think most add groups consist of more than 3 adds, so it should not cause big problems, however I got a feeling that some Gold tanks may get mad in certain situations.

Summary
    Overall this change shouldn't be a big deal for us Prot Warriors.

But, in general, I wonder if/why Blizzard can't just change the whole spell and ability system once you are in RBG / Arena / BG.
    Like "Spell Reflect PvE: 8 seconds CD (or how many it was @ BC) / Spell Reflect PvP: 25s CD".
    Technical barrier or what?

PS: Don't care about open PvP
    its not a technical barrier. because they can change the way healing pvp power works when in instance or a battleground.
    but they said it a few times they don't want it because the tooltip would be to clutter and to hard to understand for newbies.

Deleted
    I honestly don't see it being a problem at all, yes its a bit annoying but that's all, the only times I can really think where I might possibly take shockwave is in a few specific CM's if the comp needed it or the healer wasn't terribly strong or on Feng if the AoE on the adds was exceptionally low... there just hasn't been any fight so far that shockwave has felt to be any benefit which might be nice to see change in the next tier

The avatar nerf was a bit of a bugger as it provided a nice load of survivability for prot with the extra rage, but I'm happy with the DPS gain from using bloodbath as there really doesn't seem to have been a boss this tier that hits ridiculously hard, or made me feel like I needed more rage gen to dump into barrier

Deleted
    Honestly I don't really care about the Shockwave Nerf, in a raid setup I'm using Dragon Roar most of the time and the bosses on which I actually use Shockwave are the one where I need it to pick up / stun multiple adds (Empress, Elegon etc.), so the nerf doesn't really affect me.

If you really need the stun in a situation where you can't hit enough mobs to bypass the nerf, just spec into Stormbolt.

Sure it may be annoying in a few situations or if you fuck up your positioning, but overall it's no big deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pvp is gay, but I think my gm uses dragon roar on every fight besides lei shi anyway. I don't pvp so I just have dragon roar anyway.

Deleted
    Avatar nerf sucked when you were undergeared and the extra rage could really make a difference. Now? Don't miss it, using Bloodbath. Added to that the only time I pick up shockwave is when a group of adds need stunned, Lei Shi, Tsulong, Elegon.