1. #1

    Heroic Tsulong 10 Advice

    We've spent 2 nights on this, and think we are close going back in tonight but I was just wondering if anyone had any specific tips for this.

    Healer Setup: Resto Shaman, Mistweaver Monk, Disc/Holy Priest.

    We've been saving bloodlust for the transition back into night phase to clean up adds. After first night phase we have him around 73%, but coming out of day phase we only have had him healed to 52-54% on our best day phases.

    We have our resto shaman grabbing the buff. It feels like we're doing a good strategy in P2, other than some possible spread/ranging issues caused by the dps getting to their adds. I've just watched a ton of videos where they are push 55-60%+ after the first day phase.

    Any specific tips for this encounter that maybe we're overlooking?

  2. #2
    Do u have mage or ele shaman in your raid?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand View Post
    Do u have mage or ele shaman in your raid?
    Yeah, we have a mage in the roster.

  4. #4
    Wait till two light of day's are up.
    Shaman and Monk picks them up ~6 seconds prior to the breath is inc.
    Shaman pops his CD's, monk throws life cocoon on tsulong, priest throws guardian spirit on tsulong. SPAM THE HEALS.
    Thereafter, monk picks all buffs up, because monks are the strongest healer for doing that.

  5. #5
    lust while the first breath is casting. resto shaman first light of day buff monk get the rest. have shaman save healing tide for the day to night transition since you only get ~3 secs of boss healing instead of full breath duration for huge raid heals with the rest of healing tide.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Wait till two light of day's are up.
    Shaman and Monk picks them up ~6 seconds prior to the breath is inc.
    Shaman pops his CD's, monk throws life cocoon on tsulong, priest throws guardian spirit on tsulong. SPAM THE HEALS.
    Thereafter, monk picks all buffs up, because monks are the strongest healer for doing that.
    What's the optimal MW rotation here?

    Pre-cast Soothing Mists during breath.

    Do you bother opening up with an Enveloping right after the breath?

    Spam instant Surging Mists.

    Finish with Enveloping right before buff ends?

    so, TFT -> Soothing -> BUFF/BREATH -> EM -> SM -> SM -> SM -> SM -> EM?


    Instead of Holy or Discipline, that player could also go MW for double MW/Resto shaman, or is the Guardian Spirit buff that important?

  7. #7
    I don't really know much about what those classes do on this boss, but as a resto druid, I had to be very careful not to overwrite my buffed hots with unbuffed ones after I lose Light of Day. When I cast a direct heal on the boss, it automatically refreshes my Lifebloom, so I made sure to stop casting direct heals for 15 seconds after the LoD buff dropped off (Lifebloom lasts 15 seconds).

    A monk may have something similar so it's worth noting.
    Ashr

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    718
    The resto shaman should do just insane healing first breath+sun beam less then 50M is bad. Make him drop healing tide totem and pick up ancestral guidance for this fight. The Rshaman should have unleashed fury+pre-cast Healing surge with ancestral guidance and Ascendance popped. HS should crit (60% chance) around 4M spread that to every single player in area evenly and give free extra healing on pets. AG will take ALLL HEALING from Ascendance combined and heal Tsulong for 40% of it (13-30M hits at least)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    The resto shaman should do just insane healing first breath+sun beam less then 50M is bad. Make him drop healing tide totem and pick up ancestral guidance for this fight. The Rshaman should have unleashed fury+pre-cast Healing surge with ancestral guidance and Ascendance popped. HS should crit (60% chance) around 4M spread that to every single player in area evenly and give free extra healing on pets. AG will take ALLL HEALING from Ascendance combined and heal Tsulong for 40% of it (13-30M hits at least)
    as stated above, this has fixed...

    edit: sorry wrong thread, but yeah this has been fixed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •