View Poll Results: Should I come back to WoW?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Yes

18 47.37%
  • No

20 52.63%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I come back to WoW?

Hey guys, So basically I've been playing WoW for 7 years I quit twice and came back 5-9 months later.. I quit WoW again after about 3 months of Panda Land. Just got pretty boring for me.

I've been buying a stupid amount of games on Steam to try find something that can hold my attention like WoW did. Nothing has done, my Steam libary has grown from around 15-20 games to 87! I'm not sure on exactly how much money I have spent, But I know its alot more than I spent on WoW (not including Sub fees) League of Legends is the only game I can play for 1hr or more and that's only because I'll be banned if I AFK mid game :P

TL;DR. Should I re-sub to WoW, I've not been able to find a game that can keep my attention. Incredibly bored after work and on weekends when I'm staying home.

Deleted
    If you'll resubscribe now, you will quit in a few months anyway, just like you have before.

Not because WoW is bad, or because this expansion sucks, but because you apparently can't get enjoyment out of a game, any game.

So the real suggestion for you would be: Find something meaningful to do with your obviously abundant amount of free time.

Do you want to? Then yes. Otherwise, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So the real suggestion for you would be: Find something meaningful to do with your obviously abundant amount of free time.
    This. You need something to fill your free time, do not make the mistake of assuming it must be computer games. Seems you have a problem finding one that really grabs your attention. Wow probably only entertains you through the endless gear threadmill....

Try reading, try writing! Try sports: team sports, solo sports. Go ride a bike, run ... Basically, get a hobby. Build model airplanes, program computers, study quantum physics :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Hey guys, So basically I've been playing WoW for 7 years I quit twice and came back 5-9 months later.. I quit WoW again after about 3 months of Panda Land. Just got pretty boring for me.

I've been buying a stupid amount of games on Steam to try find something that can hold my attention like WoW did. Nothing has done, my Steam libary has grown from around 15-20 games to 87! I'm not sure on exactly how much money I have spent, But I know its alot more than I spent on WoW (not including Sub fees) League of Legends is the only game I can play for 1hr or more and that's only because I'll be banned if I AFK mid game :P

TL;DR. Should I re-sub to WoW, I've not been able to find a game that can keep my attention. Incredibly bored after work and on weekends when I'm staying home.
    To measure what the game is worth measure on a X period of time:

1) What was the total cost for playing in this period.
    2) How much time did you play the game.
    3) And how much of this time was forced due to grinds.

WoW will do high in #3, and there's good games which will do well in #1 especially if they don't have sub and got you hooked.

Anyway if you buy like 70 computer games and don't enjoy them then I think you have issues. Just quit gaming, go do something IRL, something worthwhile.

I'm a movie freak at heart and have watched to many more movies ever since I quit WoW

No, Jesus Christ no, don't chain yourself to this game if you ever manage to find the keys and escape its grasp a first time. Saw this thread on the front page and had to post in it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not? Nothing wrong with it.

World of Daily quest craft is not fun, so no.

@OP. Have you tried GW2?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    @OP. Have you tried GW2?
    I can underline this suggestion. It is very casual friendly.

*) No grinds.
    *) Unique leveling experience per race.
    *) No subscription; pay once play forever.
    *) Cooperate with fellow players instead of compete (ie. nodes, mobs, dynamic events)
    *) Complete quests (hearts) the way you like.

Deleted
    Lock inc in three, two, one...

No one can decide if you will like the game. Either play some roulette, and buy a sub for a month, or accept that you just don't like WoW and don't subscribe. Either way, it's a personal choice.

No. The game is not majorly different now, and you'll end up quitting again anyway.

Without trying to sound hypocritical, I believe the phrase is "get a hobby"

I think the dailies were only bad because its the first tier of the expansion. There are 2 factions in 5.2 to get rep. 1 is to spend valor on and you get rep with them not through dailies (killing raid bosses like ashen verdict?) and the other is a daily one for mounts and good stuff.
    more on topic : if dailies bothered you, come back. if not, you just grew out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of finding another game to keep you inside your room/house for too long, you might like to try something that is not a video game. A sport? Do something fun with friends? You're talking like you need to game everyday to keep yourself happy..

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post

Well if we are suggesting other games, I think if you are that bored after work and weekends, I would suggest playing the mating game. Go out, talk to your friends, make some new ones, hang out with them. Meet a girl/guy, w/e is your thing. Once you get a feel of that you may not ever want to come back. Then again, if you get rejected by these people then you will always have WoW as a fall-back.
    OT: I think you could play WoW and other said games at the same time given some are free. Another suggestion is to start soloing old content. That is one of the only reasons I still play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    @OP. Have you tried GW2?
    I have yes, I loved the Beta but when the game launched it didn't feel as captivating. I patched the game last night and played for 20 minutes, I like the game just not enough to dedicate myself to that one. Also the zones I was leveling in were completely dead

10+ Year Old Account
    One of best expansions so far, blizzard has finaly stepping up their game.
    It aint best theme, i aint a panda fan to ( not that i care) but i would love a badass guy like Arthas or Illidan or Deathwing, So let's hope Sargeras is next i want a badass theme

But game itself is still awesome, better then cata in all aspects.

Deleted
    Personally I would say no, since MoP apparently didn't hold your interest before.

I quit WoW again after about 3 months of Panda Land. Just got pretty boring for me.
    Pretty much nothing has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you quit in December and are now contemplating a return? Pretty much 0 has changed since(ok, there were some hotfixes, but that's it). You are better off waiting for 5.2 or 5.3 changes.
    Surrounded by idiots