Deleted

Thoughts on small things in WoW

I've been playing since mid Wrath and enjoy many aspects of the game... most resently PvP.
    However there's a few things I'd love to see changed or made possible in the game.

The things might be stupid, but it's my thread, so deal with it

LOGIN SCREEN:
    I'd LOVE to be able to change login screen to my expansion of choice. I don't like the MoP login screen at all and it's depressing to look at it even for a few seconds.

FORCED DISMOUNT:
    Players interacting with vendors or mailbox should (in my mind) have a forced dismount when interacting. This would make it so much easier to get your things done.

DUEL LEVEL CAP:
    After I started leveling a new toon I've been challenged to duels by characters many levels higher than me. Why is this even possible?
    Why not have a level cap of +/- X levels making the duels actually worth doing.

Deleted
    I agree with your login screen idea, and I think the forced dismount should be an option that you can turn on or off, not too sure about the duel thing, but maybe that could be an option to turn on or off as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    First world problems you have there, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    DUEL LEVEL CAP:
    After I started leveling a new toon I've been challenged to duels by characters many levels higher than me. Why is this even possible?
    Why not have a level cap of +/- X levels making the duels actually worth doing.
    Because you are free to decline them. Nobody can force you to duel.

I really like your idea about being able to decide which login screen you want to use! It's like changing the wallpaper on your desktop; It does not really have any effect on the game/computer whatsoever, but it's still nice to be able to change it once in a while (: !

10+ Year Old Account
    LOGIN SCREEN:
    i would love it too, i would took the LK one

FORCED DISMOUNT:
    hum, maybe a collision box ? a small but efficient one

and for me... a classified tab to differ flying/ground mount
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2013-01-21 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if (and I'm sure you would include this in the change, but didn't mention it) when you change your login screen, the theme changed according to the login screen
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    a search option in my mount tab
    That one is coming in 5.2 if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    That one is coming in 5.2 if i'm not mistaken.
    You are mistaken. Open your mount tab and check the upper left.

Hey OP i am on your side.

1. Login Screen
    Well i hate the new one, it seems like this was done in times where Commander Keen games very the state of the art.
    But well i can live with it since i only use it to hit enter, so the effective time it is displaying is below one second.

2. Forced dismount!!!
    This has bugged me for decades, well years... I simple DONT WANT TO READ IT ANYMORE "You cant do that while mounted".
    This message is absoluteley redundant. If i want to do something that i cant do while mounted, then freaking demount me. WITHOUT a second security question like "You are about to do something that needs you demounted, you sure you want that?"
    Yeah it is a minor convenience, but still it happens sooo often in one online cycle that i really could go rampant about it, if i just had an axe...

3. Duel Level cap. Well that aint a subject at all in my eyes. Sorry OP but if you are not able or willing to check the level of the dude that wanted a duel with yah, then i cant help you. Finally it is you who clicks "accept" in the duel-request screen.
    Maybe it is just your user interface which is kinda not good enough for reconning the opponents level.

GoingMay i add some of mine?
    4. NPC´s walking away while interaction.
    Come on, cant be that hard to stall an npc until interaction with players ended. I REALLY hate it when i want to turn in a quest or sell stuff and in midst of the process the NPC walks away making clicks beforehand redundant.

5. When turning in X (where X is a natural number >= 2) quests at the same NPC i do NOT want to have to click on the questname that i want to turn in. Ideall i only click "accept" X times, assuming those were quests where you did not have to choose a reward.

6. When getting quests from a questhub, why isnt there a "get em all"-option? Why all this uneccessary clicking? Its not that ingame click somehow give a revenue.

7. Somehow give Battlegrounds a point of no return. What do i mean here?
    Well we all know that you most probably cant win a EOTS where enemies have 500 points lead, but still sometimes it happens that you spawn right into such a match cause one of them left. Sure it sucks if a teammate leaves, and chances of winning go to kinda zero, but still there are situations (which would have to be defined) where it is nonsense to spawn you into a given BG.
    It doesnt even have to be a loosing team, hell i spawned into AV´s where we won 3 seconds after i joined.
    I have done nothign to contribute and still i get the goodies, well not all but quite some. And even if it comes in handy, i still have to requeue 5 seconds later and in the end my queue-time has doubled.

considering the thread's title, why aren't we talking about gnomes?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    The login screen idea is good, but why not take it further? Have some Dev go around WoW and find 50 or so pretty vistas in the world, or important lore events even (Daemons assaulting the Dark Portal, Deathwing over Stormwind, Shado-pan patrolling the Wall etc), and have a random one of those be the login screen each time you load up. Some variety would be nice, rather than looking at the same dull, flat painting of some statues.

Forced dismount should have been done years ago. The error message "You are mounted!" is completely redundant, and people standing their huge mounts over vendors is just obnoxious.

And whenever I'm levelling alts, I'm always accosted by players 4-8 levels higher than me spamming the duel button, and insulting me for not accepting (or presumably in a language I don't understand). Either stop people being able to duel players >2 levels lower than you, or use the challenge mode scaling to even the playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You are mistaken. Open your mount tab and check the upper left.
    yeah sorry i totally forgot about that haaha xD (memory problem) but yeah i still want something to sort ground/flying mount !

Deleted
    @ripponesan I totally forgot about the walking NPCs ... they are terrible to say the least!

I know some things are UI dependant to function the way Blizzard thought of them, so I follow your view on duels.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gcmandrake View Post
    The login screen idea is good, but why not take it further? Have some Dev go around WoW and find 50 or so pretty vistas in the world, or important lore events even (Daemons assaulting the Dark Portal, Deathwing over Stormwind, Shado-pan patrolling the Wall etc), and have a random one of those be the login screen each time you load up. Some variety would be nice, rather than looking at the same dull, flat painting of some statues.
    I really like how you took it one step further there! I want that - and I want it now.

Heya Vejovis, our Devs are always open to suggestions! I would encourage you to make a thread on our own forums as well to help get your ideas across

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Hey OP i am on your side.

1. Login Screen
    Well i hate the new one, it seems like this was done in times where Commander Keen games very the state of the art.
    But well i can live with it since i only use it to hit enter, so the effective time it is displaying is below one second.
    2. Forced dismount!!!
    This has bugged me for decades, well years... I simple DONT WANT TO READ IT ANYMORE "You cant do that while mounted".
    This message is absoluteley redundant. If i want to do something that i cant do while mounted, then freaking demount me. WITHOUT a second security question like "You are about to do something that needs you demounted, you sure you want that?"
    Yeah it is a minor convenience, but still it happens sooo often in one online cycle that i really could go rampant about it, if i just had an axe...

3. Duel Level cap. Well that aint a subject at all in my eyes. Sorry OP but if you are not able or willing to check the level of the dude that wanted a duel with yah, then i cant help you. Finally it is you who clicks "accept" in the duel-request screen.
    Maybe it is just your user interface which is kinda not good enough for reconning the opponents level.

GoingMay i add some of mine?
    4. NPC´s walking away while interaction.
    Come on, cant be that hard to stall an npc until interaction with players ended. I REALLY hate it when i want to turn in a quest or sell stuff and in midst of the process the NPC walks away making clicks beforehand redundant.

5. When turning in X (where X is a natural number >= 2) quests at the same NPC i do NOT want to have to click on the questname that i want to turn in. Ideall i only click "accept" X times, assuming those were quests where you did not have to choose a reward.

6. When getting quests from a questhub, why isnt there a "get em all"-option? Why all this uneccessary clicking? Its not that ingame click somehow give a revenue.

7. Somehow give Battlegrounds a point of no return. What do i mean here?
    Well we all know that you most probably cant win a EOTS where enemies have 500 points lead, but still sometimes it happens that you spawn right into such a match cause one of them left. Sure it sucks if a teammate leaves, and chances of winning go to kinda zero, but still there are situations (which would have to be defined) where it is nonsense to spawn you into a given BG.
    It doesnt even have to be a loosing team, hell i spawned into AV´s where we won 3 seconds after i joined.
    I have done nothign to contribute and still i get the goodies, well not all but quite some. And even if it comes in handy, i still have to requeue 5 seconds later and in the end my queue-time has doubled.
    Wow, blues post on MMOChampion now?

Anyways, there's add-ons that allow you to auto-collect and auto-turn in quests. Search either google or curse to find some, i'm fairly sure it's just called Auto Turn-in though, helps so much with Dailys.

Back on topic, i'd LOVE to be able to change the loading screen. When Cataclysm was coming out, they showed off 3 or 4 different ones, but sadly went with what i always thought was the worst. I was kinda hoping that every patch they'd change the login screen, so you'd see things up to date with what was happening in game at the moment (Zandalari dungeons, Death Wing fight etc), but they never did.

Bring back The Dark Portal one please!