Thread: Swiftech H220

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You really need to learn reading comprehension nocturnal lol. Twice in this thread you have posted irrelevant things.

I said the hyper 212 evo fan is louder than the hyper 212+ at load. I didnt say anything about the 212 vs noctua (which is what i assume you are talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You really need to learn reading comprehension nocturnal lol. Twice in this thread you have posted irrelevant things.

I said the hyper 212 evo fan is louder than the hyper 212+ at load. I didnt say anything about the 212 vs noctua (which is what i assume you are talking about).
    Yeah I said I changed my Hyper to a Noctua because it was loud and you said I had a dud? I don't see how that is irrelevant when it is a direct answer to what you posted.

Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-01-22 at 04:55 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I was never comparing the 212 to the noctua, i was merely stating the 212 had a low noise fan at full load, and that perhaps yours was louder than it should have been.

You linking that graph only shows my point more, 3db difference is barely perceptible with human ears.

I was never comparing the 212 to the noctua, i was merely stating the 212 had a low noise fan at full load, and that perhaps yours was louder than it should have been.

You linking that graph only shows my point more, 3db difference is barely perceptible with human ears.
    3db is an effective doubling of sound pressure.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I have my TV off and am listening to my PC right now and it is barely audible with CPU fan at 100%. I suppose next you are going to tell me you noticed a tremendous drop in noise levels when you upgraded from the 212 to the noctua.

I have my TV off and am listening to my PC right now and it is barely audible with CPU fan at 100%. I suppose next you are going to tell me you noticed a tremendous drop in noise levels when you upgraded from the 212 to the noctua.
    As I already said earlier, I would only ever run my Hyper at 60% because anything higher was annoying. My Noctua runs on full speed without any issues at all.

I gladly made the switch to get a more quiet while still more powerful cooler and if I felt the need for it I would do the same for the Swiftech H220, though it doesn't fit in my case so I won't.

Also in this test you can see a 10c difference in NH-D14 to Hyper 212+

Deleted
    Also this thread was mainly about the H220

Thats the + review, my original statement about 6c difference was using the hyper 212+ EVO. Again, this isnt about the noctua, if i was going to build another system that may be my cooler of choice if i found it on sale (they go on sale for 59.99 sometimes). The reason the noctua go brought into the conversation in the first place is that i assumed the H220 will be about on par with the NH-D14 in terms of cooling performance. Which i then linked the benchmark of the hyper 212 EVO being 6c behind the noctua, saying its pretty hard to justify 100 bucks for 6c difference (actually 105 bucks as the 212 evo is 35 bucks, and the H220 is 140.00)

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Also this thread was mainly about the H220
    Yeah and the H220 will be even better than a NH-D14, I mean just look at that video when they run the Silent mode. Can I get a version that fits with 2x180mm?

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:25 AM ----------

Thats the + review, my original statement about 6c difference was using the hyper 212+ EVO. Again, this isnt about the noctua, if i was going to build another system that may be my cooler of choice if i found it on sale (they go on sale for 59.99 sometimes). The reason the noctua go brought into the conversation in the first place is that i assumed the H220 will be about on par with the NH-D14 in terms of cooling performance. Which i then linked the benchmark of the hyper 212 EVO being 6c behind the noctua, saying its pretty hard to justify 100 bucks for 6c difference (actually 105 bucks as the 212 evo is 35 bucks, and the H220 is 140.00)
    The H100 is on par with NH-D14 in cooling performance, but it is louder and more expensive. Still they sell a lot of units. Then you get the H220 which is even cooler and can run way more quiet for something as trivial as $20 more.

H-100 is an awful overpriced piece of equipment but that brings me to my other point, no one knows swiftech.

People bought tons of the H-100 because they know corsair, and it matches the other components in their rig.....and i suppose it looks decent as well (more tidy than massive air coolers). Swiftech is not in this position, they should have went the route asetek did and offer their products to OEM's and let them brand it.

I never said the H220 wasnt a good product, it just has limited market appeal.

Deleted
    I never said the H220 wasnt a good product, it just has limited market appeal.
    I just cant believe there is a market for 140.00 dollar coolers
    Of course there is a market, it's kinda replacing their other model which isn't prefilled etc. besides it'll open up to a lot more people (novice etc.)

It seems tinytomlogan agrees with me that there is no room for the H220 in the marketplace at 139.00 bucks, his review released today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfLKkyIJOI

Deleted
    It seems tinytomlogan agrees with me that there is no room for the H220 in the marketplace at 139.00 bucks, his review released today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfLKkyIJOI
    You're right, based on this one review we have all come to the conclusion that not only is the market limited, it is in fact nonexistent. Should probably stop production right now and all just bust buy "hyper 212+ EVO" equivalents. I bet he read this thread and made this video to prove your point. First you said it had no place in the market, then limited, then no place, can you decide?

You still forget the pump specs and the possibility of extending this to cover your GPU's which none of the other solutions can. I had expected better results though, too bad.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-02-25 at 11:26 PM.

lol ok.

He is hands down the best hardware reviewer on youtube, its not even close. He doesent even know wtf mmo-champion is. He had his own custom water cooling shop years before he started making youtube videos for a living.

Deleted
    That's your opinion, I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Thanks for the background story though, appreciate it.

I agree with fascinate on Tiny Tom Logan, he is the best hardware reviewer atm. But, he is an enthusiast as well. I don't agree with him when he says there isn't a place for the H220 in the market. There is, but the market will be smaller than H100's market due to the price difference, and if you wanna go full custom loop you do it properly and not with cheaper products. A big point to watercooling is cooling, obviously, an even bigger point is looks and it's here the H220 falls through. No way would I have that ugly pump on my CPU when I could go for an EK supremacy block instead, no way. Same with the rads, they should be 360mm 45mm for me to be interested. And the fittings? An enthusiast would never choose fittings that didn't look the piece as well.

I won't be getting the H220, I'll settle for the H100i while I continue drawing my custom loop planned for the Corsair Obsidian 900D and right now I am not looking at 140 dollars but more like 1000 dollars not including the case.....

Deleted
    I would buy one... regardless of what TTL says. End of the day it's a nice cooler (bit expensive) but if I have money to burn and I like it... I will buy it. Isn't that how we all come to the builds we have today? face it none of our builds are 100% perfect in every way but we still purchased the parts we have because....we just did

So saying there is no market for the H220 is erm fodder people will buy it.

Ya i was waiting for toms review on this before i made my decision, now im sticking with H100i for my next build in a bitfenix prodigy. Also, i contacted corsair about purchasing the included fans that come with the H100i and they told me within 2 weeks they will be on their site under cooling parts. This means you can get a push/pull H100i with much better fans than what come with the H220 for less money. (i assume it will be 15-25 bucks for a pair of them)

I was never a fan of AIO cooling systems but once i saw the bitfenix prodigy it just made so much sense to throw a rad in the top in push pull, with a 230mm in the front its going to be one of the best cooling configs you can get in any case on the market, not to mention the top of the prodigy is wide open with no metal impeding airflow. Also im sticking with sandy bridge, if i bought an ivy id be far too tempted to delid it lol. Ive asked my microcenter to get me a 2700k, they are 219.00 bucks : )

Deleted
    There are a number of issues I have with TTL and his reviews. They're pretty boring (subjective, I know) and not very professional. His graphs are difficult to read because he doesn't rank the scores, which makes things VERY difficult to compare. With all of his negatives he still gave the H220 a silver award. I'd assume anything equal or above a bronze award is a recommended buy and I'm guessing gold award equates to a 'must buy'. If he genuinely found it difficult to justify the H220 in the market place, why give it a silver award? It makes absolutely no sense.

His review, which ofcourse he acknowledged, disagreed with the majority of reviews out there which rated the Swiftech as the better product. I'm sure Swiftech did their research and priced their closed liquid cooler accordingly. If their results mirrored TTL's results they would have either reduced their starting price or simply not released the product at all.

It was brought up in the chat thread that TTL changed the award from silver to gold now that he knows the price of the unit. http://youtu.be/aPfLKkyIJOI?t=13m41s