Thread: Swiftech H220

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Question now is, is the pump strong enough to provide enough pressure/flow for a second rad and a gpu block? If so, this is the new budget watercooling custom loop recommended by me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgctchIQ7M

At the end, they show a system where it is powering the CPU, 2x gpus and i think 2 or 3 240 rads.

Deleted
    Watercoolers have about 4 times as many fans as a non watercooler. Difference is we use static pressure low noise fans to help cool down radiators etc instead of cooling down heat sinks.
    lol A friend of mine told me that WC was 100% silent because it didn't use any fans, there goes that theory...

You can make it passive of course, but the cooling performance, the very reason it's better than air cooling, isn't as good.

You can make it passive of course, but the cooling performance, the very reason it's better than air cooling, isn't as good.
    Reserators are passively cooled WC. Looks like this http://www.silent.se/bilder/reserator1_c_p-410.jpg

Also Zalman showed a newer reserator -> http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/...eserator-2.jpg

You never should try to remove fans on your radiator unless you have tons of fans in your case which is still tricky I think. 50° is the max water temp for most pumps and if you exceed that you pretty much can damage your pump.

You never should try to remove fans on your radiator unless you have tons of fans in your case which is still tricky I think.
    In addition, what is the point of removing two fans from the system if you'd have to install another half dozen to obtain enough incidental airflow through the radiator to compensate for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    In addition, what is the point of removing two fans from the system if you'd have to install another half dozen to obtain enough incidental airflow through the radiator to compensate for it?
    I'm only trying to make the point that you never should leave a rad without fans to make it passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never did try watercooling, right now I think ill be buying a h220 as soon as it hits the market here in portugal, one of the stores here lists is at 125 euros for preorder which is like 15 euros more than an h100i with all the goodness of it being made by swiftech it seems like a logic choice, the pump placement might be odd bu its a powerful pump and they have tested it with 2 7970 plus the cpu and they have awesome awesome temperatures to show for it, it might just be the perfect entry level kit which is actually an entry of some sort.

Deleted
    From the many reviews I've read the H220 is of high quality which is built with solid components and it will last you a very long time compared to other closed loop water coolers.

Here is a breakdown from what seems to be a huge fan of the H220

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/01/...cooling-kit/8/
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2013-03-07 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    I never did try watercooling, right now I think ill be buying a h220 as soon as it hits the market here in portugal, one of the stores here lists is at 125 euros for preorder which is like 15 euros more than an h100i with all the goodness of it being made by swiftech it seems like a logic choice, the pump placement might be odd bu its a powerful pump and they have tested it with 2 7970 plus the cpu and they have awesome awesome temperatures to show for it, it might just be the perfect entry level kit which is actually an entry of some sort.
    Order it from the Swiftech website and use this coupon code for a 10$ off -> OCN

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I'm only trying to make the point that you never should leave a rad without fans to make it passive.
    Actually you can, if you live further north in the world, keeping your radiator in your cellar or on the outside of your house can actually give you a "fanless" solution. I've seen pictures of it like 6 years ago. As for the silent water cooling loop: If you have a 360 radiator with 3 Noctua fans in the bottom of your case just pulling the air gently out, you don't actually need other case fans. If you aren't sitting right next to the Noctua fans they're barely audible.

Actually you can, if you live further north in the world, keeping your radiator in your cellar or on the outside of your house can actually give you a "fanless" solution. I've seen pictures of it like 6 years ago. As for the silent water cooling loop: If you have a 360 radiator with 3 Noctua fans in the bottom of your case just pulling the air gently out, you don't actually need other case fans. If you aren't sitting right next to the Noctua fans they're barely audible.
    Thats obvious really. Most people are sitting in an ambient of 20-30° and your water will always have the ambient temperature as minimum and getting somehow your radiator in a cold area is going to give you for sure a big boost. Fridges are handy but that's the moment you're starting going extreme and pretty much useless because the voltages aren't healthy for your chip(s) to use for 24/7 anways. A 360rad would easily cool 1.5V on an i7 without problems while a 240 rad (perspective I've used H100i's only) is having trouble without running the fan at max