View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    200 72.20%
  • No

    77 27.80%
  1. #1981
    Just to consolidate a few things here -

    This is not a gear check

    You do not need to be in a specific spec

    The gateway negates the majority of the encounter

    It is well designed because it lets you use your entire toolkit - This is amazing design

    It is also good because at my current item level (547) you can literally just blow him up in less than 2 minutes - This is lower item level than normal of next tier so everyone will be able to get this regardless of how 'good' there ability to multi task is

    This is one of those extremely rare fights where people might actually think 'wow keybinds would be really handy here' - Now this is SUPER important because world of warcraft atm hands everything to everyone and very rarely asks you to think for yourself.

    If you are having trouble with this quest and genuinely cant get it with this tier's gear then come back next tier when your bigger and better, the reward is still waiting for you, and if you cant get it next tier come back next expansion when you will probably 1 shot the clown, the thing is with that when you do its gna be the most satisfying 10 seconds of your life (virgin / not virgin depending) because you will have put so much effort into killing it and you cant buy that feeling.

    To everyone who is still struggling with it i wish you all the best of luck but dont give up and dont stress yourself on it either.

    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  2. #1982
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    It is well designed because it lets you use your entire toolkit - This is amazing design
    I just explained why this is not true.

  3. #1983
    I read your post and i do sympathize but the thing is you dont ever actually have to multi task and there is very few things to actually keep track of in this fight.

    You just need to be aware of the order in which everything happens and have all your keybinds setup accordingly before the pull.

    Lets say you pull the boss 100 times and you wipe at each %, you learn something new every pull (really this is a drastic example), you just need to take something from each wipe to proceed, if necessary have someone stand with you saying the stuff you just learned as the time approach's, thats all part of getting better and this boss trains people extremely well because each time you fail on this your gna get a little better until it all comes together and you finally win the prize so to speak.

    The 'Skill' to this encounter is overcoming tasks as you approach them individually and then putting it all together and seen as on this encounter you are going to use the following (non spec specific spells) -

    Pet attack
    Pet heal
    Pet charge
    Pet dispel (offensive and defensive)
    Pet move
    Gateway
    Portal
    Healthstone
    Command demon
    Unbound will (potentially)
    Enslave Demon
    Banish
    Shadowfury
    Fear
    Purification potion (potentially)

    Things to look out for -

    Line of sight
    Pet positioning
    Resource management
    CD management
    CC timers
    Buff / Debuff awareness

    All of this is part of playing a warlock, so your logic is flawed, this fight trains you to become better at your class if you are failing at it and is extremely well designed

    You also do not need Macro's or addon's to do this fight, what you do need is keybindings (which make you a better player anyway)

    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  4. #1984
    Yes.. controlling a pet (with wildly different abilities than your normal pets) you never had before and never will again makes you better at your class.

  5. #1985
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Yes.. controlling a pet (with wildly different abilities than your normal pets) you never had before and never will again makes you better at your class.
    I got my lock to 90 a few days ago and put a solid 6 hours into the quest today with an ilvl of 480 pvp gear before I got it down, I can honestly say I'm a hell of a lot more confident with warlock now than I was before. Being able to micro manage a pet in general while still performing is very important, especially at high level play.

    Honestly, i was really surprised by this fight, everyone was telling me about how hard it was and I thought that it couldn't be that bad, boy was I wrong. I'm SO glad that Blizzard FINALLY put some solo content into the game that's challenging, if you're not in a bg/arena/raid then there is literally nothing to challenge you. I look forward to more class quests in the future I also hope that this quest gets buffed accordingly every tier, otherwise it's just going to be another MoP legendary that nobody gives a shit about.

  6. #1986
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I got my lock to 90 a few days ago and put a solid 6 hours into the quest today with an ilvl of 480 pvp gear before I got it down, I can honestly say I'm a hell of a lot more confident with warlock now than I was before. Being able to micro manage a pet in general while still performing is very important, especially at high level play.

    Honestly, i was really surprised by this fight, everyone was telling me about how hard it was and I thought that it couldn't be that bad, boy was I wrong. I'm SO glad that Blizzard FINALLY put some solo content into the game that's challenging, if you're not in a bg/arena/raid then there is literally nothing to challenge you. I look forward to more class quests in the future I also hope that this quest gets buffed accordingly every tier, otherwise it's just going to be another MoP legendary that nobody gives a shit about.
    I couldnt agree more. I went in completely unprepared and tried for two hours one day and my friend said I wasn't geared enough... Was roughly 490 and I said no I can do it. I thought it was going to be easier than it was. I had only two weeks of experience on my warlock at max level up until I completed it. I wasl determined enough to go another two hours two days later and get it done. I used two guides and mixed the strategy to make it work for me. Sure enough when I downed him I was ecstatic. I don't think anything I've done in wow felt as rewarding as when I got my green fire. Mostly because I know nobody else could help me get it but myself. I hope it scales with tiers and expansions as this isn't a solo quest that should be able to able to be done with ease as you get better gear.

  7. #1987
    The Patient Slowbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The internet!
    Posts
    243
    Took me 3 hours, didnt know that was "good" compared to people whom have been stuck on him for weeks/days :O
    Anyway, does green fire lagg more than "old" boring red fire?
    Hey! Hey! I think i found a rare candy!
    Huh?
    Congratulations, your Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro!

  8. #1988
    Scarab Lord prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    4,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    Took me 3 hours, didnt know that was "good" compared to people whom have been stuck on him for weeks/days :O
    Anyway, does green fire lagg more than "old" boring red fire?
    Not that I know of. I never really looked at it. Though it would stand to reason that the green fire uses a higher pixel count being more recently created. I always tended to believe it was just a recolor though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    We've already established you have a magic wonder penis from the wank thread the other day.

  9. #1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    I just explained why this is not true.
    oh please stop it already. most of the people here DO think its well designed, you disagree, well... i guess it makes you still the minority.

    besides: you did say by yourself that: "you cant do so much things at once". i really do feel sorry that you cant, but stop already blaming adam and eva for your failure. keep a little dignity man.

  10. #1990
    I guess it was futile to try it with an ilevel of 463 :P (I did reach the final boss though), I'll get back to it in a week or two.

  11. #1991
    Quote Originally Posted by schuelertomas View Post
    oh please stop it already. most of the people here DO think its well designed, you disagree, well... i guess it makes you still the minority.

    besides: you did say by yourself that: "you cant do so much things at once". i really do feel sorry that you cant, but stop already blaming adam and eva for your failure. keep a little dignity man.
    Yes, I have a differing opinion on what constitutes good design and gave specific reasons for my viewpoint as a counter to the blanket "nuh uh, it's awesome!" statements.

    My stance may be a minority -here-, but that doesn't make it any less valid, nor is it indicative of the playerbase as a whole.

  12. #1992
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Yes, I have a differing opinion on what constitutes good design and gave specific reasons for my viewpoint as a counter to the blanket "nuh uh, it's awesome!" statements.

    My stance may be a minority -here-, but that doesn't make it any less valid, nor is it indicative of the playerbase as a whole.
    and a ton of people had very good and extrem specific reasons why they liked it (last one is just few posts above yours by AjayxD. instead you go on and on. indeed you are the one braging around and writing as much as you can:

    nuh uh, its stupid!

    a lot of people tried to help you, i feel sorry for there time and efford wasted on you. just keep crying, maybe blizz will fix it and change it to easymode like 97 % of the game.

  13. #1993
    If the encounter was in the Brawlers Guild, exactly like it is now with the exception that there's a doohickey on the ground allowing you to enslave the Pit Lord (so that any class could do it), I'd be willing to bet that far fewer people (proportionately) would be gushing about how great a fight it is.

    My complaints are primarily that the type of challenge is inappropriate to the quest (this probably -would- be great for something like Brawler's Guild, but not as a solo class quest) and that it does a poor job of playing to warlock-specific strengths and abilities. The reason I stress the latter so much is because it's the most stated reason people say they like it and it's what I disagree with the strongest.

  14. #1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    ...it does a poor job of playing to warlock-specific strengths and abilities.
    How do you figure that exactly? Which other fight in the entire game uses more "Warlock-specific strengths and abilities" than this one? I can think of ZERO. For this fight, in addition to the same old dps rotation that any other npc boss might get, I also used: Enslave Demon, Fear, Shadowfury, Banish, Demonic Teleport, Demonic Gateway, Singe Magic, plus I manually used each of my pet's abilities, as well as fairly frequent pet-move commands, and add that along with just about every other spell in my toolkit. Sounds pretty Warlock-specific to me. :P

    I will burn your soul.

  15. #1995
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    How do you figure that exactly? Which other fight in the entire game uses more "Warlock-specific strengths and abilities" than this one? I can think of ZERO. For this fight, in addition to the same old dps rotation that any other npc boss might get, I also used: Enslave Demon, Fear, Shadowfury, Banish, Demonic Teleport, Demonic Gateway, Singe Magic, plus I manually used each of my pet's abilities, as well as fairly frequent pet-move commands, and add that along with just about every other spell in my toolkit. Sounds pretty Warlock-specific to me. :P
    Take the Pit Lord out of the equation: how many other classes could do this fight as well if not better? I get what they were trying to do, I just think they could've done a much better job of it. I especially take issue with the Pit Lord since it's management is pretty much the whole damn fight, and it is completely unlike any of our existing pets. It is this reason that I have to ask why people consider something that wasn't in our kit before and won't be again as being a hallmark of the class.

  16. #1996
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Take the Pit Lord out of the equation: how many other classes could do this fight as well if not better? I get what they were trying to do, I just think they could've done a much better job of it. I especially take issue with the Pit Lord since it's management is pretty much the whole damn fight, and it is completely unlike any of our existing pets. It is this reason that I have to ask why people consider something that wasn't in our kit before and won't be again as being a hallmark of the class.
    Why take the pit lord out, it's a big part of the fight? What difference does it make how well other classes could do the warlock green fire boss without the pit lord?? Reaching much??

    Another thing, the pit lord isn't so different from our current pets, as it can tank like the Voidwalker/Voidlord, dispel and heal like the imp, and charge like the fel guard. And, just like any other pet, it needs to be managed, which is a fairly common (and useful) skill that Warlocks must use.

    The more you front these as your primary objections, the less I feel sorry for you and the more I start thinking about looking for one of those "don't feed the troll" pics...

    I will burn your soul.

  17. #1997
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    I just explained why this is not true.
    It's all a matter of opinion.

    I'd say this quest harkens back to the hunter rhok'delar quest which is absolutely awesome. I'm terrible at this quest and haven't gotten the last guy past 75% after about 12 attempts but I take long LONG breaks in between to settle down and get excited for it over again. I know I'll get it eventually and if I don't then that's fine too and I'll look in wonder at all the warlocks running around with green fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  18. #1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Why take the pit lord out, it's a big part of the fight? What difference does it make how well other classes could do the warlock green fire boss without the pit lord?? Reaching much??
    If the primary thing making the encounter "warlock specific" is Enslave Demon (a spell it seems they forgot even existed for 3 expansions), then that's a pretty tenuous way of doing so.. THAT is my point.

    Another thing, the pit lord isn't so different from our current pets, as it can tank like the Voidwalker/Voidlord, dispel and heal like the imp, and charge like the fel guard. And, just like any other pet, it needs to be managed, which is a fairly common (and useful) skill that Warlocks must use.
    There is nothing remotely similar to Fel Flame Breath in any standard demon's arsenal. Comparing it to Singe Magic because they both dispel is like comparing a grape to a steamroller because they're both things. The Pit Lord does not "tank like the Voidwalker", since it's relying -completely- on the warlock themselves for threat management. Charge (Pit Lord) is closer in function to Axe Toss than it is to Pursuit (though it still suffers the drawbacks of being a charge-type mechanic) and I suppose the differences between Demonic Siphon and Cauterize Master are minimal enough to overlook. Overall point stands.

    As for pet management in general itself (and its importance to the class), well, that's another debate entirely. I take GoSac for everyday use specifically -because- I hate pet management (haaaaaaaate it), numbers be damned.

  19. #1999
    My lock is my 4th or 5th lv90 alt but I got him to about 30% on my best attempt. Frankly, its not an easy fight and after spending about 6-8hrs of trial and error I feel I put in enough tries and Im over it. I just want them to nerf it already or add stacking determination buffs per wipe so I can just have green fire on my lock. The visual is awesome and I dont have the free time or patience to keep throwing in attempts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Why take the pit lord out, it's a big part of the fight? What difference does it make how well other classes could do the warlock green fire boss without the pit lord?? Reaching much??

    Another thing, the pit lord isn't so different from our current pets, as it can tank like the Voidwalker/Voidlord, dispel and heal like the imp, and charge like the fel guard. And, just like any other pet, it needs to be managed, which is a fairly common (and useful) skill that Warlocks must use.

    The more you front these as your primary objections, the less I feel sorry for you and the more I start thinking about looking for one of those "don't feed the troll" pics...
    I agree with this. I like the pitlord being in this fight. Its a pain in the ass to have re-enslave every minute or so but like Supernex said, the pitlord is basically a bunch of our demon pets rolled into one. I think if you only had to enslave him only once when he first spawns then this would be a little easier, only cus once enslave expires things can go bad pretty quickly.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

    -Bob Marley

  20. #2000
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    add stacking determination buffs per wipe
    That's not a bad idea, actually. They could even give the anvil an option to clear the buff for those that don't want it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •