View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    198 72.26%
  • No

    76 27.74%
Page 22 of 118 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
72
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Holy fuck that took long. Here are some tips...

    1) Repairs/Respec - You can HS out and repair/respec. You have to leave the scen group (won't let you teelport back in), but restarting the scenario ports you right to the end guy.

    2) Make pitlord macros! - Enslave the pitlord as soon as it spawns. You can Sfury it and enslave it before it casts Charge and stuns you.

    1 /use [@Pokeadott] Fel Flame Breath (self dispel and dmgs imps)
    2 /use demonic siphon (the heal)
    3 /use Charge (to stop cataclysm)

    3) Demon specific how-to - YMMV, but this was by far the best way for me...

    1st Imps: Stand on/near them and use breath to kill them. RoF for free embers. Careful about his RoF. You can Spam CB during this due to insane embers.

    1st Fel Pup: As soon as he moves to channel the cast move your Pitlord to the FAR right edge of the room. Put an RoF on top of the portal and aggro the Fel Pups ASAP. Pull them left while Havok + CBing them down. They will outrange the Devour Magic!

    1st (only) Doom Gaurd: Perma banish

    2nd Imps: This is your kill window. Boss *should* be sub 20% by now (I'm ilvl 498, had flask and food, not the world's best Detro player for reference). Put down RoF/Pitlord breath DS/Pot and spam the fuck out of Shadowburn. You can chain cast it thanks to the embers from imps.

    3rd Fel Pups: Rinse/Repeat ph1 if needed, ideally he's dead before or right when they spawn.

    ...

    Hope that helps. Was a fun encounter for sure!

  2. #422
    I did figure out he sometimes Fake casts things, if the timer for his next spell comes during his casts, or soemtimes he just skips cataclysms and other spells. Knowing that, you can interrupt him doom, and buy yourself a few minutes to do the fight, it's a gambit tho, you might get cataclysmed (but it's easy to know when he's going to do it because he runs to the center)

  3. #423
    They removed the ability to stun him before he summons his adds. Lol.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 12:40 AM ----------

    Second lot of fel puppies, with the doom guard banished tends to screw me over. Forgot to move my pet

  4. #424
    Some things I've learned. If he tries to cast Cata before going in to the first imp phase, it ALWAYS fails(you don't have to interrupt this).

    Knowing this, you can use the damage buff from his stun to time with your chaos bolt attacks. Instead of using Dark Soul right at the start, save it until right after you you get the pet. You should have 3 embers at this point. Start casting Chaos Bolt, and as soon as it is about to go off charge-stun him. Cast your other two chaos bolts and if you did it right you can get all 3 chaos bolts to get the 100% damage buff. Trying to time my chaos bolts with stun has allowed me to get him down to 56% by start of the first felhunter phase.(it's at this point where everything goes to hell for me, so I still haven't killed him). I'm ilvl 491 currently.

    Another good thing to know. Gateway jumping to put the gateway debuff on you allows you to go more than a minute(or more if you are good at timing it), without getting ANY spells cast on you. He might get one or two dots when he transitions to summon imps, but that is it. So instead of putting the gateway into an LoS location, I put it on the side of the main circle area so I'm always in range of him while jumping back and forth on the gate.

    If anyone has good tips on the felhunter phase, this is really what is standing between me and victory. >.<. The strat that has worked for me(sometimes) is pre-casting Sac to get a shield up, charge stunning the first one and one-shotting it with chaos bolt, fearing/casting havok on the second, then using chaos bolt and hoping to kill the last two. It's pretty rare I get past this phase though.

  5. #425
    Stood in the Fire Addamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    449
    Any tips for how to deal with the chaos bolts that insta-gib you? I can get out of one using dark bargain, but it's usually still down by the next one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    Any tips for how to deal with the chaos bolts that insta-gib you? I can get out of one using dark bargain, but it's usually still down by the next one.
    Demonic gateway.

    Put it from the middle of the circle to the little alcove to the right. Port and los before the cast completes.

  7. #427
    Bloodsail Admiral Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Demonic gateway.

    Put it from the middle of the circle to the little alcove to the right. Port and los before the cast completes.
    You can also just SacPact it at a 0 dps loss...

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmonster View Post
    Some things I've learned. If he tries to cast Cata before going in to the first imp phase, it ALWAYS fails(you don't have to interrupt this).

    Knowing this, you can use the damage buff from his stun to time with your chaos bolt attacks. Instead of using Dark Soul right at the start, save it until right after you you get the pet. You should have 3 embers at this point. Start casting Chaos Bolt, and as soon as it is about to go off charge-stun him. Cast your other two chaos bolts and if you did it right you can get all 3 chaos bolts to get the 100% damage buff. Trying to time my chaos bolts with stun has allowed me to get him down to 56% by start of the first felhunter phase.(it's at this point where everything goes to hell for me, so I still haven't killed him). I'm ilvl 491 currently.

    Another good thing to know. Gateway jumping to put the gateway debuff on you allows you to go more than a minute(or more if you are good at timing it), without getting ANY spells cast on you. He might get one or two dots when he transitions to summon imps, but that is it. So instead of putting the gateway into an LoS location, I put it on the side of the main circle area so I'm always in range of him while jumping back and forth on the gate.

    If anyone has good tips on the felhunter phase, this is really what is standing between me and victory. >.<. The strat that has worked for me(sometimes) is pre-casting Sac to get a shield up, charge stunning the first one and one-shotting it with chaos bolt, fearing/casting havok on the second, then using chaos bolt and hoping to kill the last two. It's pretty rare I get past this phase though.
    Courtesy quote since you got caught in the spam filter.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  9. #429
    Just did it in full pvp gear. Killed with 5 seconds left on the curse of doom. (I managed to delay the doom about 30 seconds by dropping aggro with gateway + using the pet charge)

    What I did for felhunter phase: shadowfury + havoc the first felhunter right away. IMMEDIATELY charge the 2nd felhunter with your pet and chaos bolt it with demon soul (this 1 shots the first 2 felhunters). kill third 1 normally, usually the third 1 doesn't purge the enslave, if it does just quickly reenslave.

    At the end of the fight I was keeping 1 doomguard banished and 1 doomguard feared, and I rain of fired the third imp wave + spammed Demon soul shadowburns on boss to get the kill.

    The hardest part of the fight for me was beating the doom timer because of my gear.

    The macros posted earlier are also a must
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2013-03-07 at 01:24 AM.

  10. #430
    Just did it on my wl aswell (full T14NM, ilvl 499).

    I losed the chaos bolt (only stunned on the very first one of the encounter, 15s after enslaving the pit lord), stunned on the cataclysm, made my pet tank the pit lord while I killed the felhunters, and banished the first doomlord. I killed the boss on the second felhunter phase, where I basically focused the boss and ignored them, as he only had 2-3M HP left.

    I'm glad I'm done with this, as it took me 1h15min and about 15 trys to kill him ! :P

    Thanks for the advice, especially for the macro to target yourself with the pit lord's fel breath !

    Just for the pleasure of the eyes :

    Last edited by Margeta; 2013-03-07 at 01:54 AM.

  11. #431
    Nice grats!

    Still dont have the quest item myself... I wonder if i should even bother with ilvl 478 :/
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

  12. #432
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Does anyone know what the enrage is?

  13. #433
    Gang, just found out about a bug with looting the rares: sometimes (in my experience every time) it will look like someone else got to loot and you will get nothing, but you'll have to drag a mob to near the corpse (within aoe loot range) and kill it, and when you loot that one you'll get what you should have gotten from the rare. I can confirm from personal experience.

    Folks are reporting relogging works, but I tried that and it didn't work for me.

    Good luck.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Gang, just found out about a bug with looting the rares: sometimes (in my experience every time) it will look like someone else got to loot and you will get nothing, but you'll have to drag a mob to near the corpse (within aoe loot range) and kill it, and when you loot that one you'll get what you should have gotten from the rare. I can confirm from personal experience.

    Folks are reporting relogging works, but I tried that and it didn't work for me.

    Good luck.
    I had luck running away... like maybe 2 named areas away, then coming back.

  15. #435
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Gang, just found out about a bug with looting the rares: sometimes (in my experience every time) it will look like someone else got to loot and you will get nothing, but you'll have to drag a mob to near the corpse (within aoe loot range) and kill it, and when you loot that one you'll get what you should have gotten from the rare. I can confirm from personal experience.

    Folks are reporting relogging works, but I tried that and it didn't work for me.

    Good luck.
    Also going to another part of the zone when the body disappears from range and going back works.

    Ahhhh Herrenos beat me!

  16. #436
    High Overlord MoonZapdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    181
    30 rares and still no game, though I did get a satchel full of enchanting supplies from Ra'sha, that epic key and 4 stones in the process.

    Regardless, this is some godawful design. Not only is it a drop from rare mobs, it's also a rare drop from them. I fear I might go insane before the day is over.

  17. #437
    Urgh Really excited to get the tome, excited to do the quest then i hti the end boss..God this is a brick wall. Im a demon warlock with 490 ilvl. Ive been following the tips people have posted (macros ect). I die on the 1st imp wave 80% of the time. If i survive i usually do okay until the felhunters. Then i just cant handle them. I die then. Does anyone have any demonology tips for this fight? Or do i HAVE to go destro? Can i do it in my 490 ilvl gear or should i get better?

  18. #438
    High Overlord MoonZapdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Urgh Really excited to get the tome, excited to do the quest then i hti the end boss..God this is a brick wall. Im a demon warlock with 490 ilvl. Ive been following the tips people have posted (macros ect). I die on the 1st imp wave 80% of the time. If i survive i usually do okay until the felhunters. Then i just cant handle them. I die then. Does anyone have any demonology tips for this fight? Or do i HAVE to go destro? Can i do it in my 490 ilvl gear or should i get better?
    Most people on the WoW forums seem to recommend Destruction for this.
    You know the design is terrible when they force you into one spec and to have great gear just to do the quest.
    That and having to kill dozens of rares to even start it. It's like they want Warlocks to suffer.

  19. #439
    Got to Progenitus just as he was dying after some guildies I was grouped with saw him spawn, but idiots can't stun him so someone outside our group with aggro got knocked off the mountain ... and the stupid Saurok jump took me out of range. And he dropped a tome that no one who had tagged him could loot. FML

  20. #440
    The Patient Kaizers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Urgh Really excited to get the tome, excited to do the quest then i hti the end boss..God this is a brick wall. Im a demon warlock with 490 ilvl. Ive been following the tips people have posted (macros ect). I die on the 1st imp wave 80% of the time. If i survive i usually do okay until the felhunters. Then i just cant handle them. I die then. Does anyone have any demonology tips for this fight? Or do i HAVE to go destro? Can i do it in my 490 ilvl gear or should i get better?
    Tbh you really should be destro it makes the fight way easier, also thinking they nerfed it a bit when the released the patch. Depending on how hard they nerfed it you might be able to get away with 490 ilvl but I think close to 500 is the sweet spot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •