Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 41 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't really understand the issue with the felhunter pack, positioning the pitlord out of los might work but why even bother?

When they spawn stay near your pitlord, burn DS and kill them, if/when they dispell enslave use HOWL OF TERROR which will fear the felhunters and the pitlord aswell, finish them off easily and enslave the pitlord again.
    If Kan casts a CB while you are doing this (which I don't think it happened to me), just use UR+BD or sac pact are you will be fine.

Deleted
    got it. I looted the book on Friday night, got angry and wiped without a feeling of progress til 4am. went and did 'irl' over the weekend, logged on just now and got it 2nd try, first one was stupid wipe to Cataclysm by getting excited and over-using charge. on my kill attempt the Felhounds ignored both me and a pillar and the first one instantly dispelled my Enslave Demon. I just used Shadowfury then feared him, I guess I got lucky on the timing of the stuns from his DoTs on me because I was able to blow up the Felhounds before his Chaos Bolt or Cataclysm. As soon as he was sub 20% I stunned him and cast 4 x Dark Souled Shadowburns and he melted.

I guess my advice is: if you are frustrated, you might be making it harder on yourself. take a break, come back with fresh eyes and it will drop so much easier in my experience.

had about 40 rare kills before it dropped.

Then took me 3 hours to do the Mob as destro about 30 attempts tops.

Its hard and hurts, finally went with imp sac as i realised the gukdan suction was actually from improved SOD, nuked him HARD was getting him down to 70% as imp phase started.

Te annoying imp is a dick no lie.
    Felhunters hurt but sending the Enslaved demon far away helps, getting enslave demo glyph really helps alot.

Killed Him before second felhunter pack, just kept all imps alive and used RoF chaos bolt spam then pre-20% shadowburn spam killed him just as he cast the channel.

Good Luck guys it really is hard, 497 at time.

Deleted
    After 6 hours, stretched over 2 days, of farming rares, the tome dropped. I couldn't see it, but my group could and after a quick relog I got it safely in my bags.

Immediately went to do the quests and scenario and it was all fun and games until Kanrethad decided to show up. Trying to find which tactic might work took surprisingly long, but with getting so much closer every day, I could not give up. After three days and 50ish tries, everything just went right. Managed to get to the third imp phase safely, had to kill them to survive and threw every last bit of orange fire I had in me. Doom had three seconds left, but Kanrethad himself none. 483 at the moment, without the 4-set of tier 14.

Damn, this felt good.
    Last edited by mmoc0fcde82002; 2013-03-11 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    i got it for 25k. was a good deal, seeing that on my realm it's 50k on ah x) farmed 85 rares over the first 2 days, and i saw it, couldn't loot it because of the bugs (on Prog, because after combat i was turned into a saurok), so i gave up. 25k.
    now the problem is the last boss. there are some ways to bug it, and not get doom on you. but it still sucks. i still need more dps than my gear can handle. i've seen ppl with 476 ilvl getting the fire, so i know most cheat their way to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The final fight in the scenario is about mechanics more so that DPS. though a 485+ ilvl is recommended.

I have 485, and am getting to the second felhunter phase almost every time and dying due to either forgetting to LOS CB or the server lag that loves to kick in. I even LOS'd so the felhunters would follow me, but the boss came behind the wall with me(he wasn't a few days ago when I tried)
    dictated but not read.

70 kills this night, no drops. GL, 70 more the next night
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saveiro View Post
    Doom had three seconds left, but Kanrethad himself none. 483 at the moment, without the 4-set of tier 4.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=13462/purification-potion

//

My biggest advice for all of you is spec Destru, FnB:Immolate & RoF on the last Imp Phase und keep SB spammin the Boss, he went from 18% - 0% in seconds on my WL. The whole event was bugged after it all minions despawned and the dialog between him and ... the other guy was broken so i have to watch the original dialog on youtube to know what was happening?!

For all you others Warlocks, keep up farming and pushing your best - the effort is really worth
    Last edited by mmoc73650dbc56; 2013-03-11 at 06:42 AM.

For me, the final burn phase synced up with an imp phase. That's very very good if you can help it, because getting the imps to aggro on to your Pit Lord and then keeping a Rain of Fire means infinite Shadowburns right into Kanrethad's face. Between that and my Doomguard, he dropped from 20% to 0% in a matter of seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    For me, the final burn phase synced up with an imp phase. That's very very good if you can help it,
    As far as I know, all of his phases and abilities are time based - so the last seconds before Curse of Doom expires should always fall together with an imp phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    As far as I know, all of his phases and abilities are time based - so the last seconds before Curse of Doom expires should always fall together with an imp phase.
    I didn't have any problems with enrage myself (509 ilvl), but this might help.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=13462

It states on wowhead that Curse of Doom (ultimate) is curse, so it might be dispelable, but someone would have to test it

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I didn't have any problems with enrage myself (509 ilvl), but this might help.

It states on wowhead that Curse of Doom (ultimate) is curse, so it might be dispelable, but someone would have to test it
    it does work .... if you can get hold of one!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Yeah, this was posted already a few times - the potion definitely works. At least at the moment.
    I think it's possible that Blizzard is going to nerf/fix it, though, as I doubt this is intended.
    Also, I reckon the prices for it will skyrocket once people realize that they are that useful.

Personally, wanted to do it without using it - even considering that I wiped at least 10 times to the enrage.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-03-11 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    I just managed to defeat Kanrethad just now, Item level 489, had to use a Purification Potion.
    Best advice i can give - is try take a very Zen approach to the fight.
    i spent hours wiping in a frenzy, which did little as i just kept making silly mistakes, So i decided to just do 1 hour of attempts every so often then go lvl an alt and slowly the fight just became second nature.
    Recommend getting SpellAlerter - add Chaos Bolt - to play a sound, really helped save me from being smacked in the face in the later parts of the fight.
    The fight really isnt a DPS check with that potion, so just take it slow,! Save CDs for Felpuppys!
    GL my fellow Warlocks

Hey guys !

A bit off-topic :

I'm a lucky man and I dropped a second tome this morning...
    I'm going to sell it, and I was wondering how much you people would be ready to spend to get one yourselves. this would help me finding a fitting price for it !

Thanks for your help !

Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Hey guys !

A bit off-topic :

I'm a lucky man and I dropped a second tome this morning...
    I'm going to sell it, and I was wondering how much you people would be ready to spend to get one yourselves. this would help me finding a fitting price for it !

Thanks for your help !
    I've seen people paying between 25k-40k on my server, seems to be really rare.

I guess I'm lucky, got my drop on the second rare I killed on my alt Warlock.
    But I really can't do the scenario with my 479 ilvl. I need to do some LFR and hope for more drops, can't be arsed to try again before I have 490+ ilvl.
    That scenario is pretty darn difficult without ilvl 500+

does gear really make that much difference? I know we'll do more damage but the mechanics are still gonna be very tight and need to be done perfectly?
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    does gear really make that much difference? I know we'll do more damage but the mechanics are still gonna be very tight and need to be done perfectly?
    I have not beat the fight but my issue almost every time is not getting the felhounds down fast enough. So I guess with gear that will become much less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I have not beat the fight but my issue almost every time is not getting the felhounds down fast enough. So I guess with gear that will become much less of an issue.
    Yeah that's very true, I seem to end up with a few imps left by the time the fel hounds spawn as well which doesn't help!
    Warlock

Deleted
    I killed him friday, want to share what i did:

Ilvl 498 at the time.

Flasked/Selfbuffed
    Prepotting ofcourse

Make the macros for the Pit lord, use enslave demon glyph (50% cast time reduction)

Try to stay in range of your pitlord, dont forget to dispell, use the demonic gateway for chaos bolts, only use sacrifical pact in case of emergency.

You can safely use charge 2 times before you get any Cataclysm, i stopped using it after that because i didn't wanna risk it being on cd and me dying to cataclysm (or barely surviving with UR+SP+ a teleport (else you die to falling damage)

So for the adds:

Imps stand in middle of the portal, throw a RoF down on the floor, have your pitlord Breath on you till the mobs are dead (keep RoF up and chaos bolt him in the face)

Felhunter: Put your pit lord in the corner behind the portal, position yourself just in front of the portal (In range of breath for dispells/heals)
    I saved DS for this and put RoF on the portal, chaos bolt + conflag 1 of the puppies, should be dead, refresh RoF, Havoc 1 of the puppies, Conflag + Incin + Incin, finish them off with Shadowburns.

Doom Lord banish his ass (/target Doom Lord / cast Banish macro)

Now by the time the doom lord is banished, you a few minutes into the fight, i chose to drop my Pit lord here, to reenslave it so it wouldn't break on a crucial moment (as i had in earlier tries, which ended badly)
    Keep nuking, keep dispelling and pay attention to your health. Use your gateway for chaos bolts, but if hes realy low you might wanna use pact to just nuke him.

So TLR:

Macros!
    Gateway, keep in range of pitlord, place lord behind portal instead of other side of room. Nuke him as hard as you can.
    Precast chaos bolt when your gonna charge so you can fit 2 bolts+conflag in it to relax dps requirements

Good luck