Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Deleted
    Did the whole thing as demo (ilvl496 no tier set) found it a lot easier than learning destro but I am a master demonologist so hey ho.

Just save fury/ds for fellhunter and Los the pit lord, use immo aura to get aggro when they spawn, had to take a purification pot just to beat the enrage (was about a minute off). Providing you take a pot it's all about mechanics and how you manage them, excellent excellent fight!

Went demo:
    Soul leach
    Shadow fury
    Sac pact
    Unbound will
    GoSac
    Mf

Wimps
    Siphon life
    Drain life

Enslave glyph

Set up:
    Position gateway on the middle left ring to behind far left pillar
    Portal next to gateway

Started with my imp out and popped everything including doomguard
    Gosac imp (the dispel is needed) as he summons pit lord
    Shadow fury pit lord and enslave

3 abilities on the pit lord:
    Stun (interrupts chaos bolt and cata)
    Flame breath (removes his dots)
    Heath funnel (heal)

Stunned and breath as soon as enslaved
    Dps standing in breath but not under his RoF dispelling his his dots
    Just about make a 2nd stun on the chaos bolt but might need to portal to gateway and Los the cast
    3rd stun when he does cata

PHASE 1:
    Position pit lord right in front of his portal and stand between it and and 60 imps. Breath on the imps and cast GoH/immo aura in meta. Usually used sac pact plus pit loads heal
    Portal to gateway and Los the chaos bolt!!
    Stun his cata

Breath to remove dots and heal

PHASE 2:
    Position pit lord on far right behind pillar (might need to do this early as he's slow)
    Stand behind his portal casting immo aura to aggro felhounds
    Nuke the fuck out of the fellhounds ASAP use shadow fury wimps all cd's
    *wipe -many times-*
    Portal and gateway Los chaos bolt
    Attack him with pit lord -you might need to re-enslave-
    Stun cata and breath to remove dots

Dps as normal
    Re cast portal next to gateway

PHASE 3:
    Position pit lord infront of his portal
    Shatter when the doomguard is summoned and attack it with pit lord
    Portal to gateway and Los chaos bolt
    Stun cata

Repeat

-tips

Potion of purification to dispel ultimate doom after 2nd fell hunter phase
    Enslave on the pit lord last only 5mins to I left one fellhound up when Los chaos bolt to eat it left me just enough time to enslave and interrupt cata.
    Remove his dots constantly (they can dot a lot of damage plus stun/void zones can screw Los the chaos bolt, bad times) basically keep using the sac'd imps dispell and running close to pit lords breath
    You can banish one of the doomguards but I found letting the pit lord tank was easier
    LoS chaos bolt can be tricky, I had a few wipes due to be running back before he finished casting it or being in mid gateway flight when he finishes it, I could just about take one with unending resolve and twilight ward followed by some fast healing!

It's probably the most challenging thing I've done. Meant to be a lot easier as destro but I wasn't hitting 20% by the 3rd wave of imps but with new lfr gear it should be very easy if you get the mechanics down which is by far the brutal/unforgiving of any encounter/raid I've done. Ever.
    Last edited by mmocba53877738; 2013-03-15 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    PTR was freakin laggy like most of the time is, 300ms~ . Also when i did this on PTR i had 495ilvl, i had 4717 haste breakpoint and all possible to crit to gank the felpuppies asap.
    Demo was the slowest kill record i had in all 3 specs for the reason of not having multiple targets to generate fury faster and a serious problem was the mana issue, Life tap while having dots rolling on you is very dangerous and demo struggles for mana, so it's very critical you getting dispelled on every CD by Pit lord, not to mention the free healz he gives you :P
    when imps come you just cast your x2 HoG to a middle-ish imp to get tons of fury with 1 cast of Harvest life and u are on full Fury to dump it with 1 Imo Aura and 1breath by Pit Lord and everything is dead.

For Felpuppies i saved DS and if not full fury almost to gank the 1st with touch of chaos and 2nd+3rd with Chaos Wave and shadowfury followed by ToC if still alive.

rest is easy always keep using gateway to dump agrro so Pit Lord gets slaped.

Deleted
    486 ilvl, just died at 100k hp. This fight is insane.

EDIT: Killed him.
    Last edited by mmoc2aa2633f5c; 2013-03-15 at 02:37 AM.

someone here knows something about Akama's Seal of Courage??
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    someone here knows something about Akama's Seal of Courage??
    Was removed, they didn't want the quest to be a part of the progression path.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Was removed, they didn't want the quest to be a part of the progression path.
    thank you!
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    Edit: nvm killed it :P
    Last edited by mmoc8d6b560909; 2013-03-15 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Got Kan killed twice again for a guy from Canada , US realm 495ilvl and another one from German realm 488 ilvl.
    Gotta say every single time he dies faster. The most recent time i killed it he got bugged and Doomguard and Pit Lord didn't disappear , must be cos he died while being stunned by Pit Lord , gotta love x4 shadowburns taking 4mil in 2sec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    both Doomlords
    Honestly, you should kill the boss long before the second one is summoned. Anyway, moving your pit lord too far from the center of the arena puts you in danger of not being able to stun the boss during cataclysm cast. I just kept the doomlord banished throughout the fight.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Honestly, you should kill the boss long before the second one is summoned. Anyway, moving your pit lord too far from the center of the arena puts you in danger of not being able to stun the boss during cataclysm cast. I just kept the doomlord banished throughout the fight.
    Once both are up there are no more Felhunters. Even so, they should be dead so you can get the pit lord back on the boss in plenty of time. There really is no need to waste your efforts with CC on the Doom Lords, once the Pit lord has aggro you can just ignore them completely. Its about overall control of the fight, DPS just lets you get sloppy.

Never have I been more sad and depressed in my 8-year long WoW career.

After 300 wipes my best attempt was to die due to curse of doom. There no purification pots or mats for them on the AH on my server, so even that is against me.

Dat Lock, I have written to you on youtube since I cannot write PMs here.

I have read that you could soulshatter during or shortly afetr the imp phase, move the Pit Lord behind a pillar and he will have aggro from Kan during the whole Felhunter phase. Is this true?

Anyone has/wants to update a video doing it on Demonology?

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post

I have read that you could soulshatter during or shortly afetr the imp phase, move the Pit Lord behind a pillar and he will have aggro from Kan during the whole Felhunter phase. Is this true?
    yes, cast soulshatter as he is casting the imp summon

am i able to farm another tome to sell after i did the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    yes 10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Yes, you are.
    I've found 5 tomes so far - obviously 4 after completing my own quest.

Ok so if I cast soulshatter while he is summoning the imps should I not attack him again until after the fel hounds so I dont aggro him and end up with him and the fel hounds on me? Is there a way of getting the pit lord to attack the boss while I'm on the hounds? No matter how many times I try I always seem to end up with the aggro from the boss, I soul shatter and use gateways but still can't drop aggro
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
    yes, cast soulshatter as he is casting the imp summon
    Wait until -after- the Imps are summoned and you've put Immolate/RoF up, otherwise SS will have no impact on those that haven't spawned yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure about affliction and demonology but destruction seems perfect for this fight. Did it with a 497 ilvl and killed it once I got the groove of it, love the fact that we are forced to use Enslave Demon and do pet managing, it is what our class is about after all.

-Soul Leech
    -Shadowfury (used on imps + felhunters)
    -Sacrificial Pact (used on every Chaos Bolt cast on you along with Twilight Ward)
    -Blood Horror (never used)
    -Grimoire of Sacrifice (Imp to dispel yourself)
    -Kil'jaedan's Cunning

Some tips that are just being repeated but hopefully they help.

-Once you have the Pit Lord use the charge as much as you can before he summons the imps
    -Use your gateway as much as possible to keep 0 threat on yourself (make it short travel distance)
    -Once all imps are out and you have used RoF use SoulShatter and have the Pit Lord do his breath on them.
    -For felhunters move your Pit Lord away, pop all cds and CB + Conflag the first puppy. It should instantly die or be under 5%. Havoc the second and CB the third so the 2nd and 3rd get hit. All three should die within 10 seconds (Shadowfury the second two when they pop).
    -Banish focus the first Doomguard, fear the second Doomguard.
    -Summon your Doomguard under 20% or use Infernal on third set of imps if fight lasts this long

Best of luck to everyone!

Deleted
    Just finished the quests. Apart from all the things that other ppl said in this threat i suggest abusing the imps for ember generation and keeping them alive as long as possible. FnB immolate + RoF on them provide sick ammount of embers which allows chaos bolt spam, u can easily tank the imps with sac pact and loads of shields from soul leech chaos bolts.
    On 2nd imps i downed the boss from 21 to 0% just on SB spam with DS up.

Felhunters were trivial once I LoS'ed the pitlord and burned puppies with DS, shadowfury and all def cds up.

Although i must add that this was done with 506ilvl. I imagine that with lesser gear that would require more coordination.