View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

189 72.69%
  • No

71 27.31%

Finally pulled it off with a Purification Potion. 481 iLvl, mostly PvP gear. The last few wipes were mainly because no one told me there were only two Felhunter phases. I sent my Pit Lord away after the 3rd Imp phase thinking the Felhounds would spawn soon only to be swarmed by Imps, and by the time the Pit Lord got to the portal to breath them down, I was already dying.

It was an incredibly challenging fight, with me wiping for over three hours until I got the bastard down. Twice I wipe in execute phase for the reason listen above. I also took the advice I saw here before of not banishing or fearing the Doomguards and simply letting the Pit Lord tank them. Worked fine. By the time Kanrethad died my Pit Lord was well over 30% health without any use of Health Funnel.

Just remember so you don't fail like me that there aren't any further Felhound phases after the second one. After the second Doomguard is up, you will get consistant waves of Imps. Make use of them to collect Embers and Shadowburn that bastard down. After the 3rd Imp Phase, take advantage of the Charge debuff to Dark Soul + Shadowburn him, he'll go down in a jiffy no matter how bad your gear is.

Overall, I'm happy as all hell. I still think the fight should be toned down a bit, but it was nowhere near as hard as I initially thought it was. Just took loads of loads of practice. I wish those who haven't conquered this guy good luck in their future attempts, and remember, perseverance is the key!

P.S.: Motivational music helps. I was listening to Guile's Theme from Street Fighter when I got him down.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Just did it after 10 and half hours, 2k gold repairs, farmed for 10 purification potions, used 8. Was messing up constantly and only got passed the 2nd fellhound phase 3 times. They were my biggest problem. Then it was my crappy dps and too many imps.

Gear ilvl479 equiped with a green trinket from klaxxi and a blue int/mana trinket because my drop luck sucks.

My fight ended after the 5th wave of fel imps. Was using them to Shadowburn execute him down.

Misstress Talnivarr eu
    here's my killed it screen
    imgur(dot)com/F5u6SJ1

Thanks to everyone in the thread posting tips, and especially LockPowerGaming's vid, every attempt I reset the video to have the celldweller music pump me up!

Best of luck Warlocks.

Yeah finally down after like 7 hours with 481 ilvl. with 30sec left on the enrage, I avoided the Doom debuff the first 1-2min with charge and port so I did not need any purification pot.
    The fel puppies are the toughest thing to deal with imo, when you learn how to deal with them you have this fight! And letting your pit lord tank the Demon lords will make the fight so much easier than if you banish/fear/kill them.

I am so pissed with myself right now. I was doing so well. I was done with the mob phases, I was handling everything just fine, I'd got him to 30%. Suddenly died. Why?

I'd forgotten to potion that bloody curse!

EDIT: DID IT! And now I'm shaking like a leaf XD
    Last edited by Agile Emily; 2013-03-17 at 12:20 PM.

Downed him after six hours of wipes. My regular ilvl is 496 but after I killed the boss and was doing LFR one guy asks: "Is that normal that you wear [Blessed Medallion of Karabor]?" I realized that I forgot to swap it with 522 neck after I teleported to Black Temple for another session of tries. Laughed hard as hell.

Cheers for warlocks who killed him and good luck for those who didn't. This guy is about persistence so keep on trying.

PS. Thanks for the guide by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Thread got caught in the spam filter, after which I merged into the main thread. Liked what you did with the guide though, so I made a link to your post in the OP of this thread.
    Thank you xskarma! I updated it a bit today, had some mistakes I didn't catch earlier. He summons a Doom Lord, NOT a Doomguard :P

This was by far the most fun (besides t15 raiding so far) that I have had in a long time. Only took 17 attempts with 5 of them being burned because of stupid imps being immune to damage for some reason and 4 LoS issues with the fel hounds dispelling my pitlord when it shouldn't have been possible. Only 17 attempts because I used all of the useful information from this thread that everyone was so nice to contribute to. I salute you all.

485 destro lock, just finished it a while ago.
    Didn't count the attempts but i did wipe for about 4hrs. Tried LoSing the pit lord but he just gets devoured so i gave up on that. Instead i saved my dark soul for the fel puppies, when the 1st one spawns i havoc it and wait about 1 sec for the 2nd puppy to spawn, used the pit lord's charge and chaos bolt finished 2 of the puppies off and then i stunned the last puppy with shadowfury, feared it and followed up with a chaos bolt and 2 conflags, if it isn't dead shadowburn it. The pit lord did break free but by that time the puppy was dead and all it took was a quick enslave demon cast.

When the doomguard spawned, i shadowfury stunned it and stuck the pit lord on it for 5-10s and didn't have aggro problems. The second set of puppies were handled the same way as the 1st, pit lord broke free again from the last puppy which made things a little hairy with the doomguard hitting me too but 2 ember taps from the shadowburned fel puppy topped me up, enslaved pit lord, got it to aggro doomguard and popped a purification potion. 2nd doomguard was handled the same way as the 1st, shadowfury stunned and stuck the pit lord on it for about 5s. From this point on it was just handling imps as normal and killing the boss.

The most frustrating thing was when the gates randomly stopped working or by the time it worked i was eating a chaos bolt at the other side, happened at least 10 times.

Only thing i can add is.. Get past the 2nd Fel Hound phase.. then it's pretty damn easy.. i did it in ilvl 475 gear.. and yeah the same happened to me where the gateway doesn't fucking activate.. i died countless times from a CB behind the pillar :/
    Last edited by godz; 2013-03-17 at 09:43 PM.

I wiped for two hours straight on him and gave up for today. Couldn't get past the first Felhunter phase and even that I only saw two times, most of the time the Imps ate me alive (ilvl 490). Now, that was before watching and reading Ackthal's guide (kudos, it's awesome!) and I think I can do better tomorrow. I'd better though, I spent a lot of money on that bloody book (off the AH, gave up on farming after about 60 rare spawns).

This video helped me a lot. If you do exactly whats there, after some training and some (a lot), You can do it.
    I did it in demonology now. after maybe 40 wipes. but only 20 doing this way. the secret is to let your PIT LORD aggro all he can. wise soulshatter use, wise dispell use and the portals to remove aggro are awesome. he casted like 1 CB

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 01:36 AM ----------

Kanrethad Ebonlocke Guide - by Ackthal check it at youtube. Its hard to go wrong...just training/timmings and you will do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetimpact View Post
    strating thing was when the gates randomly stopped working or by the time it worked i was eating a chaos bolt at the other side, happened at least 10 times.
    Demonic Portal
    Pure LF Healers, Ranged DPS for Warlords! - Top 3 Night 25HC EU. - Big dumb mistweaver blog - YouTube

That's like Eminem saying he's black cause he drew a brown outline on his mirror in the morning, everyone else sees him as white but he seems himself as black and weird example but same crazy concept of rather avoid lol.

I did it earlier tonight, many hours of attempts and constant wiping while trying to do it as Destruction.

Gave that shit up and went affliction.
    Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogczcGnzI-M
    Nerd scream at the end.

Almost died twice ;_; + the chaos bolt was almost an ender for me. I was so close to giving this boss up after countless wipes at 40% health.

I tried it a few times the other night after getting my gear up to ilevel 481 in raid finder, my first couple of attempts were pretty good but after that I got off my game and called it for the night.

When I get the felhunter phase fully worked out I know I'll have the fight.

finally got it, from progentius, it was bugged on some clif, i was about to give up, but then i acidentally hit space and jumped just exactly on him, looted, and voala, after 60rare kills +-

Warlock green fire end boss - video

I frapsed the fight with Kanrethad (green fire endboss in BT), and some other warlocks on our server found it helpful to see. Since there's a few different approaches to doing it, I thought I'd also share a full video of how I personally did it.

- Sac imp for self dispel
    - Drop threat on self via gateway use
    - LoS chaosbolts on felhunter phases via portal
    - Glyph enslave demon for quicker re-enslave on pit lord
    - F&B aoe imps

CC doomlords

Definitely not saying this is the pen-ultimate version, but if it helps someone I'm happy.
    Bovine Intervention - www.bovine-intervention.eu - 3-evening 25 man HC raiding - always recruiting

After another two hours of wiping I am prepared to throw my screen out the window. Just because. It's horrible. Not because the fight is very difficult but it's abolutely unforgiving if you make the slightest mistake. Twice I reached the second felhound phase and wiped because I forgot to dismiss and re-enslave the Pit Lord earlier. Yep, that's right. Stupid stuff like that prevents me from getting green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    After another two hours of wiping I am prepared to throw my screen out the window. Just because. It's horrible. Not because the fight is very difficult but it's abolutely unforgiving if you make the slightest mistake. Twice I reached the second felhound phase and wiped because I forgot to dismiss and re-enslave the Pit Lord earlier. Yep, that's right. Stupid stuff like that prevents me from getting green fire.
    I just quit, several reasons for it: One small mistake, bwam! your dead, Felhunters being erratic, 250degrees radius they use to devour magic? no way, one turned around and devoured (first felhunter pack yes) + chaos bolt between my face. Charge failing to work check nr2.

I can live with small mistakes, but not with rather idiotic felhunters and bugged charges.

Stupid stuff like that prevents me from getting green fire.
    This is what makes the fight as interesting as it is.
    You just can't make mistakes. Not even small ones.

So next time drop and enslave him a few minutes in the fight and kill him?
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy