View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    200 72.20%
  • No

    77 27.80%
Page 76 of 119 FirstFirst ...
26
66
74
75
76
77
78
86
... LastLast
  1. #1501
    Fluffy Kitten Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Thing is, Fel Flame is purely cosmetic; it offers no real advantage so it shouldn't be so frustrating to complete. If it gave you a buff or an epic or something along those lines I would agree that it should be challenging. But for a simple spell recolor? Nope.
    There are people that would argue the opposite, that in fact there should be more purely cosmetic things in this game that show skill. I personally think it's more justified that cosmetic things could be more difficult, because players aren't getting comparatively weaker because they are unable to finish it.

  2. #1502
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Thing is, Fel Flame is purely cosmetic; it offers no real advantage so it shouldn't be so frustrating to complete. If it gave you a buff or an epic or something along those lines I would agree that it should be challenging. But for a simple spell recolor? Nope.
    I would argue that having cosmetic things in game which are difficult, time consuming or a bit of both is a good thing. There are quite a lot of players who wants to have their progress in-game recognized. Yes, Fel Flame is purely cosmetical, but so is the recolour on heroic raiding gear. Should all gear look the same even though a lot of it is significantly more difficult to get your hands on? What about Challenge Mode gear? Elite PvP gear? All of it can be seen as purely cosmetical in one way or another.

    That's the nice thing about it though. There are many cosmetic things in game and they all have varying degrees of difficulty. This means that anyone can get to the 'level' they are skill-wise and have the cosmetics to show for it, whether that be LFR gear, Fel Flame, or Challenge Mode gear.

  3. #1503
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    I currently am unable to get it, I have bad internet for the next six to seven months (subject to increase) and there's nothing I can do to change that. It's frustrating because I've wanted this since BC, and now I can't have it. I'll have to wait until I end up out-gearing or out-leveling it when the next xpan hits because I spike from 700ms to over 2000ms regularly.

    That's pretty lame in and of itself. Mages have had things that cosmetically alter their spells for years, and most of it just by grinding up extra gold. Glyphs alter how your spells look for all classes, just for gold. It's completely valid to not be happy with this encounter. Recolouring on heroic level gear is NOT purely cosmetic because that gear is HEROIC and has the stats to go with it. There is a valid reason for the recolor that has nothing to do with spells. That is the WORST comparison have ever heard. Gear =/= Spells.

    I have been waiting years for this, and now I can't get it. All they had to do was make it one of those expensive books like you buy for a mage in Dalaran or a glyph. This frustration for me, is incredibly valid, and there is no reason that Heroic recolours are comparable to this. That's just silly.

  4. #1504
    When you're in SoO LFR gear it'll be much, much easier.

    Heck, I'd wager most folks frustrated with it aren't even in full ToT LFR gear. Actually, haha, yeah, they can't be as it's not fully open yet.

  5. #1505
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    That is the WORST comparison have ever heard. Gear =/= Spells
    I think you missed the point dear.

    Heroic gear has a different colour than normal gear just as fel fire has a different colour to normal red fire. It's not so much about stats as it is looking different because it was tougher to get. If heroic gear wasn't just recoloured normal gear I could partly agree with you, but it is.

    Also, Warlocks have cosmetic spell changes built into minor glyphs just as most other classes - including Mage. Glyph of Crimson Banish and Glyph of Soul Well (if that's the name?), for example. You could argue that Mages have separate Polymorph spells as well as Dalaran Brilliance in their spellbook, which is true. They do not, however, have access to a full recolour of their fire school through the completion of a quest. It goes both ways.

    Personally I love my green fire. Part of that is because I didn't get it for free.

  6. #1506
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I currently am unable to get it, I have bad internet for the next six to seven months (subject to increase) and there's nothing I can do to change that. It's frustrating because I've wanted this since BC, and now I can't have it. I'll have to wait until I end up out-gearing or out-leveling it when the next xpan hits because I spike from 700ms to over 2000ms regularly.

    That's pretty lame in and of itself. Mages have had things that cosmetically alter their spells for years, and most of it just by grinding up extra gold. Glyphs alter how your spells look for all classes, just for gold. It's completely valid to not be happy with this encounter. Recolouring on heroic level gear is NOT purely cosmetic because that gear is HEROIC and has the stats to go with it. There is a valid reason for the recolor that has nothing to do with spells. That is the WORST comparison have ever heard. Gear =/= Spells.

    I have been waiting years for this, and now I can't get it. All they had to do was make it one of those expensive books like you buy for a mage in Dalaran or a glyph. This frustration for me, is incredibly valid, and there is no reason that Heroic recolours are comparable to this. That's just silly.
    I believe he is talking that the fact heroic gear has a different color than normal/LFR gear. Yes the stats are obviously better, but Blizzard could have easily made all sets the same color but kept the stats difference, yet they didn't. They gave heroic raiders different colored sets. Same thing goes for Challenge Mode gear.

    Just because some cosmetic stuff in game are easily achieved doesn't mean all of them must be on the same difficulty.
    Last edited by Hirako; 2013-04-09 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Rinoa beat me to it

  7. #1507
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    I can understand both points, but that doesn't change the fact that gear =/= spells. Mages DO have a glyph that changes the colour of their spells for their Mirror Images - but that's because they already have unique spell graphics for each spec. There is zero need to be condescending towards me, Rinoa, I'm not asking for it to be "free", but I am saying that I understand the frustration and it doesn't make other people's frustration less valid (and it's not fair to do so). Sure, mine is from a difference source (it's not gear or skill it's physical net issues), but I still get it and validate it. That also means that I don't have to agree with both or either side, I don't agree with your comparison with raid progression/stat colours versus spell graphics. I don't see it on the same level whatsoever. This is just a colour change, it's not progression.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-04-09 at 10:12 PM.

  8. #1508
    Their is a perfectly valir reason (in my opinion at least) for Blizzard not wanting to make this fight easy.

    Green fire is for many long time warlocks the most wanted change and Blizzard has toyed with the warlock community for years. in the history of WoW their is no topic that came up more then green fire.

    that is reason enough for Blizzard to make sure that not everybody will get green fire initially.However their is already a post about a warlock with ilevel 522+ gear that defeated this boss before he even summens felhunters. So by the time people get exalted with the Shado Pan assault you will most likley defeat this boss in a few minutes

  9. #1509
    Guys, should I fully gear myself in PVP gear? (I am not a PvE person really)

    And then attempt Kanrethad?

    It's all item lvl 476, it can be done with that hopefully.

    But it is a drag though, gearing.

  10. #1510
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Guys, should I fully gear myself in PVP gear? (I am not a PvE person really)

    And then attempt Kanrethad?

    It's all item lvl 476, it can be done with that hopefully.

    But it is a drag though, gearing.
    You are asking if you should get the PVP gear (so you don't pvp?) as you are not a PvE person (so you don't pve?), so what are you?

    But anyway, the PVP gear will be better than blues no matter what as in MoP they actually have full stats + pvp extras on them unlike Cataclysm, so they are better than 463 blues.

  11. #1511
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    You are asking if you should get the PVP gear (so you don't pvp?) as you are not a PvE person (so you don't pve?), so what are you?

    But anyway, the PVP gear will be better than blues no matter what as in MoP they actually have full stats + pvp extras on them unlike Cataclysm, so they are better than 463 blues.
    -_-
    I never said I was not a PvP person, where did you get that.


    Anyways, it's doable in that gear? neat!

  12. #1512
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    -_-
    I never said I was not a PvP person, where did you get that.


    Anyways, it's doable in that gear? neat!
    Yes indeed. I'd imagine it's doable in gear below ilvl 400 as well. As long as you can beat him before the second Doom tick (you dispel the first) - which is at roughly 14-17 mins depending on how much you care about avoiding Doom all together.

  13. #1513
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    -_-
    I never said I was not a PvP person, where did you get that.


    Anyways, it's doable in that gear? neat!
    You asked if you should gear yourself fully in PvP gear, so that pretty much says "i don't really pvp", it didn't make much sense but yeah it's doable but the lower your gear the less forgiving this fight will be, it's actually very unforgiving, depending on the situation one single error will mean a wipe. The whole fight is basically a complete joke if you are already in Heroic raid Gear and even more if you are already doing ToT HC as Zinnin showed :O
    Blizzard sadly missed a opportunity here, they could have added Challenge Mode mechanic here to avoid this fight ever getting way too easy.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-09 at 11:48 PM.

  14. #1514
    I just tried it many times as Ilevel 438..

    pfff never saw something that hard in my life.

    I will return when fully geared....my goodness.

    It's actually not even about gear, the mechanics make me outright crazy.

    One time a random chaos bolt hits me while I am sure the pitlord has aggro, other times I can't seem to target Kanrethad in time for the Charge to stop his cataclysm. (I am a clicker, next time I will use a freaking target macro, those imps fill up everything)
    Last edited by coolkingler1; 2013-04-10 at 03:01 AM.

  15. #1515
    Well using some of the new tricks and some new gear i got, was getting him down to about 30% before the buff was going to go off. Started to panic a bit and ended up making mistakes. Should get this down by end of day tomorrow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 09:43 PM ----------

    5% wipe cause gateway despawned.... done for the night

  16. #1516
    I got the book yesterday, got all the way to him and trial-wiped just to be sure I will be able to start from that point onwards. Will start working on him today, after I put all the macros. I think the idea with gateway to interrupt chaos bolt is great, saves a lot of time during which you can DPS.

    However, better idea is for the Pit Lord to get aggro. How do I switch it? Breath on him, then use gateway to reset aggro? Will that make the boss focused on the Pit Lord?

  17. #1517
    Fluffy Kitten Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor Krieg View Post
    I got the book yesterday, got all the way to him and trial-wiped just to be sure I will be able to start from that point onwards. Will start working on him today, after I put all the macros. I think the idea with gateway to interrupt chaos bolt is great, saves a lot of time during which you can DPS.

    However, better idea is for the Pit Lord to get aggro. How do I switch it? Breath on him, then use gateway to reset aggro? Will that make the boss focused on the Pit Lord?
    You use the gateway to 'fade' aggro, but it doesn't reset. Basically if you have the Gateway debuff your Pit Lord will be tanking, if the debuff falls off chances are Kanrethad will be back on you. It isn't a 'fire and forget' mechanic, it's something you have to maintain.

    Generally you only need to have threat dropped when Chaos bolt is going to be cast (which is on a timer). If you go through gateway 2-3seconds after every add summon Chaos Bolt will never land on you. It is pretty easy when you just link that together in your head.

  18. #1518
    I am very demotivated from doing this by my experience last night, it seems to also be a little luck based.

    Random chaos bolts....

  19. #1519
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I am very demotivated from doing this by my experience last night, it seems to also be a little luck based.

    Random chaos bolts....
    Nope nothing random about it. It´s all on timers, like any scripted PvE boss would have, and can be perfectly predicted. There might be some execution problems on your part where you still have aggro and get that Chaos Bolt in the face, despite trying to prevent it.

    The littlewigs addon (part of the Bigwigs bossmod addon) has a part for this fight specifically. It might help you better keep track of when Chaos Bolt is coming.

  20. #1520
    Did it today finally, ilvl 488! Most important points for me:

    - don't be nervous. Take the fight as it comes and trust your fingers and mind.
    - during felhunter phase, or actually right after the cataclysm the precedes the phase, park your pitlord in the niche where your portal is. Give yourself the last heal and dispell, drop aggro with soulshatter and spank them felpuppies right in front of the boss portal (all cooldowns and chaosbolts 'n shit)
    - LET THE PITLORD TANK BOTH DOOMGUARDS!! (Just make him hit them right after they come out, use demonic gateway and they're on him)
    - make sure your portal is always up (I ported back sometimes just to place it, not even to dodge a chaosbolt)

    More in a bit. Gotta run
    Read the signature rules

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •