Same here, after 100 rare elite kills (even solo) no book ever dropped, I kid you not. So I bought mine on AH for 9000 gold.
For those having trouble with enrage, don't forget to bring purification pots. Use it when there's 2 minutes remaining on the doom timer, which is roughly just after 2nd felhunter phase. Clear your debuffs with breath or singe magic etc, then chug the pot. This will give you an additional 7 minutes to kill him, plenty of time to relax and kill him at leisure.
---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:05 PM ----------
All of the "Mage" pieces from SWP, with Glyph of Verdant Spheres.
OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."
And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"
I like the T14 robe and the big hat.
Is there any way to complete this fight with no Purification Potion?
i'm getting far enough into the fight to get killed by the Ultimate Doom thing reliably now, but since I'm on a low pop realm I can't find any Purification Potions on the AH nor any ingredients to make one.
I'd like to get the green fire, but I can't find any guides that don't involve that potion.
"This is constructive because it shows how pissed off i am." -paulywally
Did they buff book drops.
No seriously I have had 8 Now.
3 In a row its actually becoming annoying because on realm no one buys them.
Did it earlier today, item lvl 501, no set bonus for T14 or T15. Done as destro with flask and food, as well as purification potion (was 1-2 behind Doom timer). In total ~15 wipes, 2-3 hours.
1. Put Demonic Gateway next to the large gate and use it every time you can. Initial gate + Fel Breath from Pit Lord will not be enough to maintain constant aggro, I died a few times because I forgot to drop aggro using the gate, at some point you will get hit from the Chaos Bolt.
2. Imps - shouldn't be much trouble - Rain of Fire, Shadowfury, make Pit Lord use Fel Flame Breath on them.
3. Felhunters - the moment you finish Cataclysm send the Pit Lord to the corner, behind the large gate. Use PvP ability to drop all debufs, DROP AGGRO USING SOULSHATTER. If you do not (Demonic Gateway is not enough!) the boss will focus on you, and you risk being hit with Chaos Bold. Sure, you could absorb it using Sacrificial Pack + Ward, but why? Make your life easier, drop aggro using Soulshatter, the boss will happily fire at Pit Lord.
4. Doom Lords - dismiss and enslave your demon again. WARNING! When you dismiss the Pit Lord all aggro is reset on both the boss, as well as both Pit Lords. If you are doing the second re-enslave when the boss is summoning the second Doom Lord - banish the first one to make it more manageable.
5. Don't forget the damn Purification Potion! It won't use itself.
6. Fel Breath of you as much as possible, the damage is trivial. Just learn to spam that button once every few seconds.
Other than that this fight is simply a matter of wiping enough, and in the process learning the pattern. Debuffs gone? Aggro dropped? Gateway debuff is up? Havoc + Dark Soul on Felhunters ready? You will wipe a few times, but once you get the hang of it the kill is easy. You will drop him with zero difficulty the moment you make zero mistakes.
I know for a fact that if you use Flames of Xoroth on pit lord, it just dissappears.
I wonder if it has the same effect if you enslave a Doomlord....
Would be a very easy way to rid yourself of them.
I find the most annoying thing is that stun that comes from the seed of corruption tick. After spending hours trying to get down the felhound part and successfully getting the boss to >20% that damn stun gets me killed. I raged quit after the third time it happened had the boss at around 8% and with so much crap to keep track off I forgot about the stupid stun and got swarmed by the imps.
The fight isn't impossible but its pretty damn unreasonable considering how hard it is to get the item in the first place and in the end all you get is green fire. It be nice If i got 1k gold for my troubles since I spent like 1.5k so far on repairs....
Finally killed this boss, took me about 20+ attempts till I perfected the fight. It really comes down to luck after you master the mechanics. I was kinda pissed off though after I killed him the two doomguards that he spawn didn't de-spawn and made it damn difficult to complete the quest since they grab aggro as soon as you res.
I'm currently wearing the MC lock set with green fire as destro. Looks awesome imo.