View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    198 72.26%
  • No

    76 27.74%
Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ...
37
77
85
86
87
88
89
97
... LastLast
  1. #1721
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I was having issues with the fel hounds when I got started on the encounter, forgetting that the hounds don't come out until shortly before the enslave timer wears off. You have to renew the enslave before the fel hounds come out, or it will wear off while you're working on them. The opportune time is during a summon, but not during the fel hound summon unless you're feeling especially daring.
    I spent about 4 hours trying to adjust my pit lord because I thought that the felhunters were dispelling it but I then realized that it was because the enslave demon timer wore out lol...then I got it right away /facepalm.

  2. #1722
    Never assume you know what he'll do next and be ready for everything. If you're assuming he's not going to Chaos Bolt you, he will. Play like you need to LoS every single Chaos Bolt even if you might not need to.

  3. #1723
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I spent about 4 hours trying to adjust my pit lord because I thought that the felhunters were dispelling it but I then realized that it was because the enslave demon timer wore out lol...then I got it right away /facepalm.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Yeah, that MIGHT be a problem I was having all along... well... thanks...

  4. #1724
    Friendly reminder.

    Every time you enslave the Pit Lord he is placed on "Defensive." This will cause him to consistently make the worst possible decision (i.e. leaving the pillar to attack the Felhunters because "I'M DEFENDING YOU MASTER!") Each enslave, be sure you're setting him to passive and manually instructing him to attack Kanrethad.

  5. #1725
    On the Felhounds: they can absolutely devour through walls, and they have a rediculous range. What they cannot do is target something in their rear 90 degree arc. The problem is when you get more than one on you, they sometimes try to flank you... meaning your Pit Lord behind the wall is now in their extended 270 degree arc, and you are about to be Pit-food. Keep their tails pointed at the Pit Lord an you'll be fine (I know, easier said than done). Also, during the felhound phase, do a Soul Shatter after you've sent the Pitlord to hide in one of those LoS alcoves on the back wall behind the Uber Summoning Gate. It will cause Kanrethad to go play spin-the-bottle in the closet with your Pit Lord once he finishes summoning the Felhounds. Let him get out of LOS and have your Pit Lord attack him. You have until Kanrethad runs back out for his Cataclysm and recovers from being stunned by your Pit Lord before you have to deal with him again. That substanially reduces the pressure you have to deal with while killing felhounds. Just don't forget to tell your Pit Lord to attack Kanrethad once Kanrethad is safely out of LoS. Use the time that Kanrethat spends summoning his Doom Guard to dimiss and re-enslave your Pit Lord. Good Luck!

  6. #1726
    When he is about to summon Felhounds, position yourself on one side of the portal.
    Send the Pit Lord to the other side. He does not have to be out of LoS.
    Make sure you have RoF up on the gate so you aggro the Felhounds.
    Havoc the first, target the second, wait for the third one to come to you and start casting Chaos Bolt on your target (the second). Charge it with the Pit Lord just before CB lands and you just one-shot two Felhounds.
    Finish off the third quickly while it's still under the charge.

    There is NO easier way to do this phase. It's how I did it with 463ilvl. Practice it!

  7. #1727
    Personally I think your just making mistakes

    sometimes Kanrethad will cast chaos bolt on me, the other time he won't...
    Are you using gate? or just interrupting it with charge? Because both of them will prevent the cast

    fel hunters CAN cast devour magic
    Is your pit lord on passive? I died a few times because I forgot to change it at the start

  8. #1728
    Well I started doing this Scenario earlier today around 6pm and got my green fire around 9!! It was really hard at first but afte ryou make it past both the fel hunter stages you take the potion that removes curse of never ending doom and its smooth sailing Love the green fire!! My GS is 495 btw

  9. #1729
    There is nothing unpredictable about this fight. It's a PvE encounter fine-tuned way more than all the other encounters in the game.

    1. He will always Chaos Bolt you if you got aggro. If you use Pit Lord to tank and use Demonic Gateway to drop aggro he will never, ever cast Chaos Bolt on you.

    2. Using a gateway + Soulshatter when he summons the felhunters will always make the boss aggro the Pit Lord.

    3. Putting the Pit Lord to the side of the portal will keep him enslaved through the Felhunter phase. The spell will not be devoured even once, if it does your Pit Lord was placed in a wrong position, or most likely he is on Defensive instead of Passive, and run to help you.

    4. After Cataclysm, and before summoning felhunters he will always apply DoTs, then channel the summoning spell. Clear the DoTs with Unbound Will, cast Soulshatter, GG.

    The fight is 0% chance, 100% skill.
    Last edited by Castor Krieg; 2013-04-26 at 06:47 AM.

  10. #1730
    My failing is sadly not tactics, but lack of skill as a Warlock. I can perform the fight perfectly, except for not being able to kill the Felhunters quick enough (I am VERY slow), which means that my gateway debuff wares off and I can't use the gateway because of the danger of a Felhunter devouring my Pit Lord enslave, then I eat a chaos bolt which I cannot survive even with Sac Pact because of very low ilvl gear.

    What I have been trying to do, and it has worked, is use the Pit to kill the Felpups - charge + chaos bolt + havoc, and at least get two of them down to low HP, but it's very risky and I would prefer to be able to do it without resorting to that, but yeah.

    I take too long on the second felhunters, and die to a chaos bolt, that is pretty much what happens to me every time, or I screw up on the positioning of the felhunters and they devour the pit lord.

  11. #1731
    I can only recommend to do what that guy did
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZYhh2WZ5w
    Use Portal to LoS Chaos Bolts
    Use Charge + Felstorm + FnB Conflag for Imps
    Use Havoc + Charge/Felstorm + CB for the felhunter. The first two are dead after the first CB, the second takes on CB and one Soulburn and falls over.

    Using that strat I made it after less than 1 hour of tries with sub 500 gear without resetting doom. and I even forgot to reenslave the demon and needed to do that while the second wave of felhunters were spawning.

    Using the Pit Lord's Charge in the right spots is what this fight is all about. It makes this fight *very* controlled and the imps/felhunter are just a joke because they die so fast. You can also time your Chaos Bolts nicely on Kanrethad to give him some hard hits. I PMed you me kill video.
    Last edited by Berthold; 2013-04-26 at 09:14 AM.

  12. #1732
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    My failing is sadly not tactics, but lack of skill as a Warlock. I can perform the fight perfectly, except for not being able to kill the Felhunters quick enough (I am VERY slow), which means that my gateway debuff wares off and I can't use the gateway because of the danger of a Felhunter devouring my Pit Lord enslave, then I eat a chaos bolt which I cannot survive even with Sac Pact because of very low ilvl gear.

    What I have been trying to do, and it has worked, is use the Pit to kill the Felpups - charge + chaos bolt + havoc, and at least get two of them down to low HP, but it's very risky and I would prefer to be able to do it without resorting to that, but yeah.

    I take too long on the second felhunters, and die to a chaos bolt, that is pretty much what happens to me every time, or I screw up on the positioning of the felhunters and they devour the pit lord.
    Their is part of your problem I think

    First make sure you don't use Gateway when felhunters show up because they hit for shit and you don't want them to go after your Pit Lord.

    Instead of using gateway dump your aggro with soulshatter so the boss isn't on you but on the Pit Lord.

    Also sac pact has nothing to do with gear, its about the HP of the Pit Lord which is massive and more then enough for his Chaos Bolt.

    What I did was (and its the most save thing to do I believe) is to put my Pit Lord on passive and place him behind a left side pillar while I'm on the right side.
    I dumped my aggro with Soulshatter so the boss goes out of LoS to fight with the Pit Lord
    Then I kept RoF up and used havoc to kill the puppys

  13. #1733
    Ty for the vid Berthold. Problem is it takes me two chaos bolts to get a felhunter down to shadowburn range without pit lord stun, so it does take me a long time. My ilvl is very, very low, but people have done it with less, so it is possible.

    Regarding gateway during felhunters:

    I am not using gateway before felhunters, I am using Soulshatter, as you say. My problem is that the boss resets threat fairly regularly throughout the fight, and it takes me so long to kill the felpups that he's decided he wants to attack me instead - at this point what should happen (and does in the videos!) is that people have killed the felpups, and can then use the portal. I can't do that because if I move the pitlord enslave gets devoured.

    Boss turns, and chaos bolts me in the face - I suppose I couuuld put my portal out of LoS, but I usually put it on my gateway so I can get to them faster if I have to move, but even then the felpups would still be running around, so not sure. I just need to practice as destro. I have four embers up, I know I CAN kill them, but applying Havoc + not screwing up the targetting and making sure my position is okay, and cleansing myself, etc. etc. is making me very slow. My chaos bolt is also a 2.7 sec cast anyway, and I need four of them, and that's WITH assistance of the pit lord. I know it can be done, because I have seen it done. I just need to get better.

    The other thing is that the felhunters do actually damage me a lot from their attacks to the point where I need a healthstone (which could be what's giving me agro on boss) but yeah. No complaints from me about the fight, it's entirely a "me" issue, either forgetting a tactic, or just not doing enough damage through slowness.

  14. #1734
    I had a similar frustration (Fel hunter devouring through wall) till I realized it was just enslave breaking. If you don't re-enslave at any point it will break during the 2nd Fel wave.

  15. #1735
    Brewmaster Cherrypowdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,351
    you guys saying putting pitlord on passive, absolutely no need for that, if you tell your pitlord to stand somewhere, he will do that. (ctrl +3), also, just re enslave after interrupting each cataclysm so he has charge on cd when you dismiss him. he casts cataclysm at 1000 energy, dont use charge when he has over 500 energy to save one for cataclysm. also macro /cast fel breath [@player]
    Last edited by Cherrypowdah; 2013-04-26 at 10:26 AM.

  16. #1736
    i guess i never managed that the pitlord was not dispelled...
    so i just sent him far away and one time i managed to kill the felhunters before the pitlord killed me = green fire

  17. #1737
    Stood in the Fire Erathus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maelstrom.
    Posts
    483
    I'm using the LFR version of Tier 15 with the staff from Horridon; it looks awesome =).


  18. #1738
    Looks like everyone else just about covered it ... but skimming over I don't think I saw anyone mention explicitly that perhaps on some of those attempts your Pitlord is somehow just gaining aggro on one or more of the dogs ... his attacks do a ton, his heal does a ton ... particularly if, as others have mentioned, you left him on "defensive" and Kanrethad is on him and not you, he'll eventually attack the dogs ...

    I wound up getting through this phase by using the RoF to get the initial attention of the first two adds (and to be safe i wound up using multiple RoFs ... one or two initially as he was summoning to get a good cover of the portal, and again to make sure I caught the second one) ... immo on first one, conflag then havoc on second one while I have my Pitlord do its charge stun (applying the damage taken debuff to both pups), chaos bolt on 2nd one which cleaves to first one ... they'll either be dead or in shadowburn range around when the third one pops (at worst a conflag needed to get them into execute) ... ideally you'll shadowfury + fel flame or conflag if it's up to keep third pup from aggroing onto the pitlord ... easily taken care of by himself there with whatever you got.

  19. #1739
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Looks like everyone else just about covered it ... but skimming over I don't think I saw anyone mention explicitly that perhaps on some of those attempts your Pitlord is somehow just gaining aggro on one or more of the dogs ... his attacks do a ton, his heal does a ton ... particularly if, as others have mentioned, you left him on "defensive" and Kanrethad is on him and not you, he'll eventually attack the dogs ...

    I wound up getting through this phase by using the RoF to get the initial attention of the first two adds (and to be safe i wound up using multiple RoFs ... one or two initially as he was summoning to get a good cover of the portal, and again to make sure I caught the second one) ... immo on first one, conflag then havoc on second one while I have my Pitlord do its charge stun (applying the damage taken debuff to both pups), chaos bolt on 2nd one which cleaves to first one ... they'll either be dead or in shadowburn range around when the third one pops (at worst a conflag needed to get them into execute) ... ideally you'll shadowfury + fel flame or conflag if it's up to keep third pup from aggroing onto the pitlord ... easily taken care of by himself there with whatever you got.
    Ohh i see.
    Well, i guess i also have to improve my gear.
    I manage to kill 2 dogs before enslave demon fades.

    The dogs are the only problem. I can deal with the rest, no problem. But the dogs... the damn dogs...

  20. #1740
    Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Ohh i see.
    Well, i guess i also have to improve my gear.
    I manage to kill 2 dogs before enslave demon fades.

    The dogs are the only problem. I can deal with the rest, no problem. But the dogs... the damn dogs...
    Recast Enslave Demon on the pitlord before this phase if your enslave is running out midphase. The best time to do this is when Kanrethad is summoning a demon since he doesn't do any damage then.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •